Frankfurt travel info

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Frankfurt travel info

Post by 24db »

arriving by Air:

@ Frankfurt Rhein-Main airport (9 miles from the City Centre)

the station for local and regional trains is situated below the airport on level 1 of Terminal 1. Trains depart regularly for central Frankfurt. Information on tickets and timetables can be found at the RMV mobility centre at Level 0, Hall B, Terminal 1. Travelling time to downtown Frankfurt is around 15-20 mins

Alte Oper (the old Opera House...don't ask to go to the 'Opera House' or you'll go to the wrong place! (OpernPlatz): nearest station:

Alte Oper which uses the following two underground lines U-Bahn 6, U-Bahn 7:

The Alte Oper is approx 1km from the main railway station (Frankfurt Hauptbahhof), from here you can catch a S or U-bahn.

If you're in town for the day and you want a ticket that will allow you to travel all day then you need a Tageskarte (day Ticket).

Large Map of the S and U-Bahn:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... m_Main.png
timer

Post by timer »

Great stuf Andy - thanks. :)
24db

Post by 24db »

timer wrote:Great stuf Andy - thanks. :)
np Tim...btw and I'm not sure myself...BUT if the U Bahn and S Bahn is the same as it is in Berlin, when you buy a single ticket from the machine (there is an English Language option you non German speaking people) you need to validate them using the small yellow or red machines on the platforms (this will stamp your ticket...without that if you're caught you'll get a 40 euro fine).

photos to follow:
Last edited by 24db on Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
timer

Post by timer »

Youve possibly just saved a lot of TD fans a 40Euro defficeit at the merch stall !. :D
24db

Post by 24db »

timer wrote:Youve possibly just saved a lot of TD fans a 40Euro defficeit at the merch stall !. :D
I could be wrong...so please check Tim...BUT...they look like this in Berlin (Excuse the Crud camera phone photos):

Buy them here! Fahrscheine...the ticket will probably have 'Please Validate your ticket' written on the top edge (in Berlin these tickets cost 2.10 Euros!)

Validate them on the platform! Entwerten" or "Entwerter" ...they are now valid for 2 hours!

(at some places they're right next to the ticket machine...which gives change....but NOT ALL will take notes! Some stations also have route planners that will print off entire route plans, times and platforms...BUT these can change so keep an eye-out!)

ImageImage
Last edited by 24db on Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
24db

Post by 24db »

this is probably overkill...but :)

Ticket machines
For rail systems, you will need to purchase your ticket before you board. Tickets are available from automated ticket machines (labeled Fahrkarten, Fahrscheine, or Fahrausweise). The exact operation of these machines varies from city to city, but they all function basically the same, and many have instructions in English. Usually, you find your destination (Fahrziel) either on a map or chart and note its zone and push the corresponding button on the machine-- usually a combination of zone number and either adult (Erwachsene) or child (Kind). Then pay the amount shown on the display and take your ticket and any change. Depending on the city, you may then be required to validate your ticket just before you use it-- look for the words "Entwerten" or "Entwerter" and an arrow on the ticket (see example below). If your ticket requires validation, find a small box with a slot on the front, usually marked Entwerter (see photo above). These are located at the entrances to subway and rail stations and on-board buses and trams. Insert your ticket in the slot as indicated by the arrows. The date, time, and location will be stamped on the face of the ticket.

good luck and I will see you on the beach! ;)
Last edited by 24db on Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
24db

Post by 24db »

Oh and Bus tickets don't have to be validated!
redziller

Post by redziller »

If there's ever a film of the fans going to this gig it'll be The Great Invasion - and Mr King here will need a Donald Pleasance look-alike

thinking on I can see who Big X would be too!
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
24db

Post by 24db »

redziller wrote:If there's ever a film of the fans going to this gig it'll be The Great Invasion - and Mr King here will need a Donald Pleasance look-alike

I can see a pin on the floor...can you fly a plane Peter?
redziller

Post by redziller »

24db wrote:
redziller wrote:If there's ever a film of the fans going to this gig it'll be The Great Invasion - and Mr King here will need a Donald Pleasance look-alike

I can see a pin on the floor...can you fly a plane Peter?
I was in the Air Cadets - terrified the instructor in the chipmunk - but that's another story
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Thanks for this information Andy,its a great help :D
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
krismopompas

Post by krismopompas »

for the onewayticket ("einzelfahrschein") from airport to central station you must pay 3,55€ ........ normally you must validdate it and if it´s done you should take your train.......... dont´use this "einzelfahrschein" twice a few hours later or so......... and don´t forget to buy a new one for the way back.

it´s possible that besides of the "tagesticket" there could be a "gruppenticket" (ticket for a group)

i think you must validate your tickets in a "entwerter" (validater?!?) ....... look for it on the train platform or its moving stairs......... sometimes it´s possible to validate the ticket in the train too........ in case of doubt ask somebody (in uniform) ;)

and look at your concert-ticket:
"RMV-kombiticket gültig auf allen RMV linien 3 stunden vor veranstaltungsbeginn bis betriebsschluss. 1. klasse nur mit zuschlag"

means:
the concert-ticket is a s-bahn, u-bahn, bus ticket too for all lines....... but it´s valid only from 3 hours before the concert (= 5 pm) until the end of this transportservice sometimes at night........ for 1st class you must pay an addition...... so don´t take an ICE.
time is the fire in which we burn (zoran)
24db

Post by 24db »

How do you get from the main train station to the Alte Oper on foot?

Station in Green...Alte Oper in Red...no excuses now!!!!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Andy

Im not good when it comes to maps,is there any chance you could show us the distance from the Irish Bar pre concert meet to the Alte Oper.... :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:Andy

Im not good when it comes to maps,is there any chance you could show us the distance from the Irish Bar pre concert meet to the Alte Oper.... :wink:
only one stop on the U bahn..staggering distance!