Support acts for TD.

EDWEIRDO
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: Support acts for TD.

Post by EDWEIRDO »

Pertou wrote:Would you like to see a support act, before a TD concert?

I definetely would. I'm sure it would something complete different, but what I don't know.

Have you seen any bands warm up for TD? Did they make a lasting impression?

(how about Angela Aki opening for TD in Japan, next year?) :wink:
Didn't Nico open for TD at a concert ?(I'm thinking at Rheims Cathedral, but I could be wrong). Also, Andy Summers supported TD.

As for a support act nowadays, how about Jerome Froese? :lol:
krismopompas

Post by krismopompas »

there may be another problem for a support act........ the stage is full of synthies ........ not so much space for another band......... but kraftwerk would be a good solution with only 4 notebooks, need no space and they stand still on their places :wink:
time is the fire in which we burn (zoran)
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

krismopompas wrote:there may be another problem for a support act........ the stage is full of synthies ........ not so much space for another band......... but kraftwerk would be a good solution with only 4 notebooks, need no space and they stand still on their places :wink:
Good point! I can't imagine very many bands that will be able to use the TD rig that easily...
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
EDWEIRDO

Post by EDWEIRDO »

billythefish wrote:
krismopompas wrote:there may be another problem for a support act........ the stage is full of synthies ........ not so much space for another band......... but kraftwerk would be a good solution with only 4 notebooks, need no space and they stand still on their places :wink:
Good point! I can't imagine very many bands that will be able to use the TD rig that easily...
BigMoog could perform Ruby_con prior to the Alte Oper gig :lol:
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Iris could do some of her compositions beforehand
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

EDWEIRDO wrote:

I definetely would. I'm sure it would something complete different, but what I don't know.

Didn't Nico open for TD at a concert ?(I'm thinking at Rheims Cathedral, but I could be wrong). Also, Andy Summers supported TD.

Very True,Nico was at Rheims 1974 and Andy Summers supported on the 88 US tour :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

billythefish wrote:
Date: September '88
Place: Sommerville Theater

Andy Summers (alone, with only his guitar) - "I'm Andy Summers... (he motions to the stage full of equipment behind him)... and this is my equipment."

It made for quite a good chuckle.
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That a good one Pertou. :wink: :arrow:

ピーターAKAレーザーディスク夢
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

Beaubourg wrote:
billythefish wrote:
Date: September '88
Place: Sommerville Theater

Andy Summers (alone, with only his guitar) - "I'm Andy Summers... (he motions to the stage full of equipment behind him)... and this is my equipment."

It made for quite a good chuckle.
Nice one! I would like to have been there :-)
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

EDWEIRDO wrote:
billythefish wrote:
BigMoog could perform Ruby_con prior to the Alte Oper gig :lol:

ed, this is easy to do :wink:

anyone got a 160gb hard drive :?: :P
...The wise.....are silent.....
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

I would like to see Tom and Mark get back togther to support TD for a one off performce of 76:14.

I can dream can`t i 8)
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

cantosis wrote:I would like to see Tom and Mark get back togther to support TD for a one off performce of 76:14.

I can dream can`t i 8)
Now you're talking :D
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

I also seem to recall that someone was scheduled to open for TD on their '92 North American tour (in fact it was listed on the ticket), but alas, he was a no-show... (no one I ever heard of - probably a label-mate from the period).
Cyclone

Post by Cyclone »

Pertou wrote:Would you like to see a support act, before a TD concert?:
I wouldn't.
Have you seen any bands warm up for TD? Did they make a lasting impression?:
In Eberswalde TD was supported by a german EM duo "Pond" - http://www.ponderosa-records.de/Live/01 ... 72007.html -, which played a version of Mussorgsky's "Pictures at an Exhibition" - I did not like this music and I was very angry, because this support used up time, in which TD could have played (further encores).

- Better without support, most people only wait for TD of course.
DITHMAR

Post by DITHMAR »

I would love to see these two acts together. Question is who would support who. I don't think any of the two is a support act to the other. It would just have to be a double act...

//Dennis
http://www.dithmar.dk http://www.myspace.com/dennisdithmar

Zodiac Zeit is Gods servant whispering back...