TD's greatest ever concerts

Desert_Voyager
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Desert_Voyager »

intercorni wrote:Frankfurt 2007: very loud (i like this), phantastic show!!!
At 36, I'm starting to take my health more seriously. I am quite concerned about the jubilations regarding the extreme loudness of the last TD concert. Great music does not need to be deafeningly loud. I would like to think that I'll still be able to hear, and not get tinnitus for the rest of my life, if I can go to the next one.... so that I can continue to enjoy quiet to moderately loud music afterwards. :wink:
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
24db

Post by 24db »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
At 36, I'm starting to take my health more seriously. I am quite concerned about the jubilations regarding the extreme loudness of the last TD concert. Great music does not need to be deafeningly loud. I would like to think that I'll still be able to hear and not get tinnitus for the rest of my life if I can go to the next one.... so that I can continue to enjoy quiet to moderately loud music afterwards. :wink:
try these:

http://www.hearingprotection.co.uk/musi ... ection.htm
timer

Post by timer »

24db wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
At 36, I'm starting to take my health more seriously. I am quite concerned about the jubilations regarding the extreme loudness of the last TD concert. Great music does not need to be deafeningly loud. I would like to think that I'll still be able to hear and not get tinnitus for the rest of my life if I can go to the next one.... so that I can continue to enjoy quiet to moderately loud music afterwards. :wink:
try these:

These are the mutts nutts in earplugs, expensive they might be, but hey only cut out the bad frequencies. Our drummer uses a pair all the time when playing as his job is remastering and his ears are his trade.

Personally through years of personal hi - fi's, playing in bands, going to unhealthly load gigs during my teens and twenties my hearing is shot.
I now have to endure distorted concerts if the sounds is either too bright or too loud.
24db

Post by 24db »

timer wrote:
24db wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote: At 36, I'm starting to take my health more seriously. I am quite concerned about the jubilations regarding the extreme loudness of the last TD concert. Great music does not need to be deafeningly loud. I would like to think that I'll still be able to hear and not get tinnitus for the rest of my life if I can go to the next one.... so that I can continue to enjoy quiet to moderately loud music afterwards. :wink:
try these:

These are the mutts nutts in earplugs, expensive they might be, but hey only cut out the bad frequencies. Our drummer uses a pair all the time when playing as his job is remastering and his ears are his trade.

Personally through years of personal hi - fi's, playing in bands, going to unhealthly load gigs during my teens and twenties my hearing is shot.
I now have to endure distorted concerts if the sounds is either too bright or too loud.
I ****** my hearing through listening to about 60,000 drum samples (cutting off the dead air etc)...hence I got tinnitus, sod all to do with loud gigs. Luckily I got my hearing fixed
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

24db wrote:
timer wrote:

I ****** my hearing through listening to about 60,000 drum samples (cutting off the dead air etc)...hence I got tinnitus, sod all to do with loud gigs. Luckily I got my hearing fixed
I don't think that there is a cure for tinnitus or deafness, is there?
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
24db

Post by 24db »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
24db wrote:
timer wrote: These are the mutts nutts in earplugs, expensive they might be, but hey only cut out the bad frequencies. Our drummer uses a pair all the time when playing as his job is remastering and his ears are his trade.

I don't think that there is a cure for tinnitus or deafness, is there?
Tinnitus can be treated with 'noise re-training'...it's not that widely known, and works against the 'tinnitus can't be treated BS' view of some doctors in the NHS, luckily I saw one of the top audiological surgeons in the UK and was totally ok within 18 months

Tinnitus - not a disease, just the ability to hear sounds generated by the auditory (hearing) system, evidence of compensatory mechanisms that are part of its normal function. The problem is the distress created - not the type of sound.
24db

Post by 24db »

timer wrote:
24db wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote: At 36, I'm starting to take my health more seriously. I am quite concerned about the jubilations regarding the extreme loudness of the last TD concert. Great music does not need to be deafeningly loud. I would like to think that I'll still be able to hear and not get tinnitus for the rest of my life if I can go to the next one.... so that I can continue to enjoy quiet to moderately loud music afterwards. :wink:
try these:

the cheap ones are quite good I hear
24db

Post by 24db »

excellent show
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

easily the best (for me) TD concert in at least 10 years...maybe since 87 :shock: :wink:
...The wise.....are silent.....
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
excellent show

Incredible show................super loud and super quality 8) :D
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
excellent show

Incredible show................super loud and super quality 8) :D
eh? oh yeah...loud ;)
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

I measured 110db at the balkon...128db during teetering scales...but that may have been my eyes rattling in me head
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:I measured 110db at the balkon...128db during teetering scales...but that may have been my eyes rattling in me head
they were like that before Linda wound her music box up! ;)
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Im in awe of Linda's box :shock: :wink:

awesome intro to a gig....mystified me...but hey.... :arrow:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
bigmoog wrote:I measured 110db at the balkon...128db during teetering scales...but that may have been my eyes rattling in me head
they were like that before Linda wound her music box up! ;)
Teetering scales got me all damp and over excited............. 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.