COLLABORATION

Would you like Tangerine Dream & Hawkwind to do a collaboration?

YES
18%
NO
82%

Total votes: 34

cantosis
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by cantosis »

alipaul wrote:I wouldn't mind but i'd be more interested in a collaboration with JS
8)
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Jollyhawker wrote:
alipaul wrote:I wouldn't mind but i'd be more interested in a collaboration with JS
That's already been done! :roll: :roll: :roll:
New projects :roll: :roll: :roll:
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
Hyperboreauk

Post by Hyperboreauk »

Maybe the excellent Tim Blake could,but Hawkwind don't think it would work.
HYPERBOREA

Post by HYPERBOREA »

Ive only ever bought one Hawkwind album which was Quark, Strangeness and Charm which I only bought for the track Spirit of the Age. I cant really see what benefit either the respective bands or fans would derive from such a union as Edgar is a talented thoughtful musician and Hawkwind are a bunch of thrashers who very occasionally come up with something that is just about bearable to listen to. Anyway is TD really Space Rock ?
Probably less than five percent of their music has any connection with space so its chalk and cheese for me but I dont know which is which !
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

Voices In The Net wrote:Edgar Froese played approximately four months with around 16 different musicians such as Paul Wheeler, a drummer from Liverpool, Sven Ake Johnson, a very good jazz drummer from Sweden, Al Akhbar, a young African drummer from Ghana, Steve Leuwen, a bass guitar player from Holland, Nick Turner, who later became the sax player for Hawkwind – to name a few.
So that is the closest we get, I'm "afraid"

I've only heard Silver Machine, so far. And that's enough for not buying any albums by HW.

So I voted NO.
homeless

Post by homeless »

Having been a follower of both TD and HW since the '70's
(they are my two favourite music groups, honestly, seen both
in action, live , many times)
It would be easy to say 'yes' but I've always kept them apart
in my personal 'space' over all these decades.

Although I have an affinity with both, I cannot ever see a crossover
between both of them.

If you think Mr Froese is a single-minded gentleman
don't forget Mr Brock is equally a very strong character.

Maybe it will happen after my rebirth, but not
in this lifetime.

(no vote)
Hawkwind are a bunch of thrashers
No no no..... they have a legacy as long as TD.
Unfortunately, the ubiquitous genius of R.C. has departed this earth
for a better place.

Syd Barrett <<>> Robert Calvert

homeless
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

I used to a big fan of Hawkwind and still like a lot of their music but I voted 'no' simply because I don't think their music would sit well together.
Jollyhawker

Post by Jollyhawker »

homeless wrote:Having been a follower of both TD and HW since the '70's
(they are my two favourite music groups, honestly, seen both
in action, live , many times)
It would be easy to say 'yes' but I've always kept them apart
in my personal 'space' over all these decades.

Although I have an affinity with both, I cannot ever see a crossover
between both of them.

If you think Mr Froese is a single-minded gentleman
don't forget Mr Brock is equally a very strong character.

Maybe it will happen after my rebirth, but not
in this lifetime.

(no vote)
Hawkwind are a bunch of thrashers
No no no..... they have a legacy as long as TD.
Unfortunately, the ubiquitous genius of R.C. has departed this earth
for a better place.

Syd Barrett <<>> Robert Calvert

homeless

Good arguement, but don't you think that there is room for a LIVE event atleast!! It looks like I am in the minority so far, but I think that although the bands are different there is still enough of a similarity for there to be some sort of musical collaboration! At the very least I think it would be great to see HW & TD together in a Psychedelic Festival of some sort! Nothing is beyond the realms of possibility!!
Neil. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
"Lives of great men all remind us that we may make our lives sublime and so departing leave behind us footprints in the sands of time"
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

I only know "In Search Of Space" and "Silver Machine" from Hawkwind and "Ejection" from RC's Captain Lockheed album from the early seventies..

I think also that Tim Blake would be able to easily cross over (I LOVE his New Jerusalem album - a superb EM record from '78 ), but I'd rather TD and Hawkwind shared a billing rather than play together...
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

DSJR wrote:I only know "In Search Of Space" and "Silver Machine" from Hawkwind and "Ejection" from RC's Captain Lockheed album from the early seventies..

I think also that Tim Blake would be able to easily cross over (I LOVE his New Jerusalem album - a superb EM record from '78 ), but I'd rather TD and Hawkwind shared a billing rather than play together...
My favourite Hawkwind stuff is from around the Bob Calvert years. Quark, Strangenes and Charm being my favourite. It's not particularly complicated stuff but it's very listenable and full of humour. Been trying to get some of the back-catalogue but it's either compilations or very expensive.
Jollyhawker

Post by Jollyhawker »

Chris Monk wrote:
DSJR wrote:I only know "In Search Of Space" and "Silver Machine" from Hawkwind and "Ejection" from RC's Captain Lockheed album from the early seventies..

My favourite Hawkwind stuff is from around the Bob Calvert years. Quark, Strangenes and Charm being my favourite. It's not particularly complicated stuff but it's very listenable and full of humour. Been trying to get some of the back-catalogue but it's either compilations or very expensive.
Hopefully Hawkwind will have their whole back catalogue released soon as part of a new record deal! Space Ritual has been released on EMI again and hopefully more to follow! This news comes from their manager at the recent Hawkfest - I hope it's true!
Yeah, Tim is encarcerated for a few months at home following a rather unpleasant episode with the French police! But if this collaboration came off then I'm sure he would be up for it!
Neil. :D
"Lives of great men all remind us that we may make our lives sublime and so departing leave behind us footprints in the sands of time"
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

I have a very small amount of Hawkwind in my collection. I tend to agree that they do not sit very well with TD's music - but that's just from my perspective.

It's an interesting facet of TD fandom that so many of us have arrived at TD's door from different direction.... we have Heavy Metal, Prog Rock, Classical, Rave and Techno and EM fans (among many others) in our midst...
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Jollyhawker wrote:Hopefully Hawkwind will have their whole back catalogue released soon as part of a new record deal!
Good. I'll wait for that.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Pertou wrote:
Voices In The Net wrote:Edgar Froese played approximately four months with around 16 different musicians such as Paul Wheeler, a drummer from Liverpool, Sven Ake Johnson, a very good jazz drummer from Sweden, Al Akhbar, a young African drummer from Ghana, Steve Leuwen, a bass guitar player from Holland, Nick Turner, who later became the sax player for Hawkwind – to name a few.
So that is the closest we get, I'm "afraid"

I've only heard Silver Machine, so far. And that's enough for not buying any albums by HW.

So I voted NO.

They have released some excellent albums,impossible to judge them on one track :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

IMHO "Space Ritual" is one of the finest live albums ever released.......legendary status :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.