COLLABORATION

Would you like Tangerine Dream & Hawkwind to do a collaboration?

YES
18%
NO
82%

Total votes: 34

Jollyhawker
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

COLLABORATION

Post by Jollyhawker »

Hi Folks,
I know you TD Purists out there are going to freak at what I am about to suggest but I would be interested to know what you think!
I have been a avid fan of Tangerine Dream and Hawkwind since 1970 and I believe they are the greatest musicians of this and the last century! My suggestion is this, that if it were possible, both bands get together on either a special space rock collaboration or do a special one-off space rock gig together in a large venue! I think this could be something very special! It could be promoted as something on the lines of "DREAMWIND" or "TANGERINEWIND"!
I know that those of you who dont like Hawkwind are going to scoff at the idea but I know that there are many Hawkwind fans who like Tangerine Dream and vica-versa!
Anyway let's try and get it to happen - I reckon it would be an historic occassion! WADDYA RECKON??????????????????? :?:
"Lives of great men all remind us that we may make our lives sublime and so departing leave behind us footprints in the sands of time"
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

The big question here is would either of the bands want to play on the same bill as each other :?:

I for one am a Fan of both the bands music and i would very much like to see them share a billing somewhere,the other problem is would the fans of either band be willing to open their minds to the music of the other artist,i for one could do that easily because i know what to expect :wink:

Would be a great spectacle though thats for sure,both bands have been around for practically the same time..........Would be a helluva party :idea: 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Had to vote no as I hate Hawkwind
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

cantosis wrote:Had to vote no as I hate Hawkwind
Everyone to their own but i think they have been a superb band over many decades IMHO :arrow:
24db

Post by 24db »

As shocking as this might sound I've never heard a note by Hawkwind so I can't comment
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

haha your not missing much ;) . No They are worth checking out as I think I am in the minority of being a TD fan and not liking Hawkwind
Jollyhawker

Post by Jollyhawker »

24db wrote:As shocking as this might sound I've never heard a note by Hawkwind so I can't comment

Yeah - what planet do you live on? You could have voted yes to rectify your unfortunate lack of musical taste!
"Lives of great men all remind us that we may make our lives sublime and so departing leave behind us footprints in the sands of time"
24db

Post by 24db »

Jollyhawker wrote:
24db wrote:As shocking as this might sound I've never heard a note by Hawkwind so I can't comment

Yeah - what planet do you live on? You could have voted yes to rectify your unfortunate lack of musical taste!
I live on my planet...what's your excuse? ;)...just kidding mate, no seriously I've just never bothered with their stuff, which you might think is a lack of taste, but then again with over 2500 CDs in the house there just isn't the time to check out everything. Besides, 'at the moment' I'd sooner be listening to some new groups.

btw there's a big article on HW in this months record collector
Jollyhawker

Post by Jollyhawker »

24db wrote:
Jollyhawker wrote:

I live on my planet...what's your excuse? ;)...just kidding mate, no seriously I've just never bothered with their stuff, which you might think is a lack of taste, but then again with over 2500 CDs in the house there just isn't the time to check out everything. Besides, 'at the moment' I'd sooner be listening to some new groups
Well just check-out their website or Myspace site to get some idea of what they are like! Are there any new groups that can compare with the likes of TD and the Hawks? Maybe, but not in this poll!
24db

Post by 24db »

Jollyhawker wrote:
24db wrote:
Jollyhawker wrote:
I live on my planet...what's your excuse? ;)...just kidding mate, no seriously I've just never bothered with their stuff, which you might think is a lack of taste, but then again with over 2500 CDs in the house there just isn't the time to check out everything. Besides, 'at the moment' I'd sooner be listening to some new groups
Well just check-out their website or Myspace site to get some idea of what they are like! Are there any new groups that can compare with the likes of TD and the Hawks? Maybe, but not in this poll!
Will do. Btw I'm not looking for groups 'like' TD...there's far too many trying and not getting even close IMHO. I'd sooner listen to people like Ulrich Schnauss, Efterklang, Sigur Ros...anyway I'm moving off topic here.
Jollyhawker

Post by Jollyhawker »

epsilon75 wrote:The big question here is would either of the bands want to play on the same bill as each other :?:

I for one am a Fan of both the bands music and i would very much like to see them share a billing somewhere,the other problem is would the fans of either band be willing to open their minds to the music of the other artist,i for one could do that easily because i know what to expect :wink:

Would be a great spectacle though thats for sure,both bands have been around for practically the same time..........Would be a helluva party :idea: 8)
Nice one Colin! I know that perhaps they would not work together but its just a dream I've had for a long time! BUT WHO KNOWS HEY!!!! :roll:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Nothing is impossible Neil :wink: :wink: :arrow:
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

I wouldn't mind but i'd be more interested in a collaboration with JS
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
Jollyhawker

Post by Jollyhawker »

alipaul wrote:I wouldn't mind but i'd be more interested in a collaboration with JS
That's already been done! :roll: :roll: :roll:
ant

Post by ant »

:D I'm a fan of Hawkwind but I have voted no because I don't think they would go together very well - their musical styles are very different and of course TD are much more talented. Hawkwind are great for what they do which is an electronic version of Status Quo and I am not knocking that 'cause I love SQ too. :D
Biggus Dickus