Dressed in Black

epsilon75
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by epsilon75 »

The times i have sat down over the years and listened in awe of the wonderful music this band has produced and got very emotional ive lost count...........................This is why to me they will always be the number 1,but i suppose if it dont float some peoples boat i can understand......TD have made some immense music tho :D
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:The times i have sat down over the years and listened in awe of the wonderful music this band has produced and got very emotional ive lost count...........................This is why to me they will always be the number 1,but i suppose if it dont float some peoples boat i can understand......TD have made some immense music tho :D
Won't argue...can't argue! TD's massive output has never been equalled for me, nothing tops it IMHO
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

I know I've said this before, I might have had moist eyes at the SBE but I swear it was because some one was peeling onions during Rubycon. :cry:

In fact it must be quite common for people to take a bag of onions along to a TD concert because this has happened to me several times before. It's the only possible explanation 'cos I'm really tough I am. :wink:
Echosnare

Post by Echosnare »

epsilon75 wrote:
Hyperboreauk wrote:My wife as described some tracks as funeral music they obviously agree :)

Afternoon in the Desert will be played at my funeral followed by Mothers of Rain 8)
All four sides of POLAND, the FULL version, no edits! That way, it'd weed out who the true friends were. (They'd be the ones who stayed the course!)
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote: I would want Mothers of Rain at mine.... the Tempodrom version.

Very emotional version DV at the Tempodrom...........not ashamed to say that the eyes were watering that night :arrow:
It's strange that you should say that mate, as it seems to a quite common comment from TD fans recently. I've spoken to several and they all said they were 'almost' brought to tears during a gig...they're big tough nuts so obviously they'll deny it now ;) (I saw some moist eyes at the SBE ;)). Perhaps it's nostalgia for our youth or a youthful TD?, or perhaps it's just the power of music, regardless of era. Either way, play on!
Maybe there is some nostalgia but the track has always really moved me since I first heard it in 1988. It makes me think of a lonely situation and a lonely place.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

epsilon75 wrote:The times i have sat down over the years and listened in awe of the wonderful music this band has produced and got very emotional ive lost count...........................This is why to me they will always be the number 1,but i suppose if it dont float some peoples boat i can understand......TD have made some immense music tho :D
I see where yor coming from Colin. When I watched the Inferno dvd the other night I felt the tears welling up when Lo Non mor kicked in. I also remember being so moved when listening to JDA when the melody of La Joie starts up. There have been hardly any other artists who have had this effect on me. The only other peices of music which affect me this way are probably Hymns.
tangmaster

Post by tangmaster »

sparrow wrote:
I see where yor coming from Colin. When I watched the Inferno dvd the other night I felt the tears welling up when Lo Non mor kicked in. I also remember being so moved when listening to JDA when the melody of La Joie starts up. There have been hardly any other artists who have had this effect on me. The only other peices of music which affect me this way are probably Hymns.
Tears mostly start comming up with the White Eagle Track or with the opening of United Goblins Parade which remembers me of my Father. Well there are more pieces which can touch a human.
The way a world of dreams is going on!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

sparrow wrote:

Always nice to know John im not the only one who does get a little emotional with the music of TD..........i suppose its hard to explain it really.
staatsgrenze

Post by staatsgrenze »

Back in 1988, I was attending the Vet center in Royal Oak, Michigan at a time when I discovered I had a major dose of PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder) obviously from way too much combat in Vietnam, anyway I hooked up with this Marine who had been all but wiped out during TET of 1968 in Khe Sahn. Well, I just happen to have my copy of Ricochet on cassette, he had never heard of TD, so as usual I popped it in the deck and played away......

It freaked him out to the point where he started shaking, so I hit the STOP button a.s.a.p.

Never had anyone react like that to Tangerine Dream's music, but it must have really triggered some "eerie" down deep emotional sensation..

He recovered, obviously, but what a way to bring out "survivor's guilt"......
jonnyboy

Post by jonnyboy »

staatsgrenze wrote:Back in 1988, I was attending the Vet center in Royal Oak, Michigan at a time when I discovered I had a major dose of PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder) obviously from way too much combat in Vietnam, anyway I hooked up with this Marine who had been all but wiped out during TET of 1968 in Khe Sahn. Well, I just happen to have my copy of Ricochet on cassette, he had never heard of TD, so as usual I popped it in the deck and played away......

It freaked him out to the point where he started shaking, so I hit the STOP button a.s.a.p.

Never had anyone react like that to Tangerine Dream's music, but it must have really triggered some "eerie" down deep emotional sensation..

He recovered, obviously, but what a way to bring out "survivor's guilt"......
That's an amazing story - I hope he was ok after that. I find TD's music to give me great solace when I'm feeling down or isolated from the world.

I too never understood why TDs music was labelled as 'cold' by some - just a knee-jerk reaction by synthesizer haters? I recall my dear Nan about 10 years ago or so (so she'd be in her mid 70s) telling me how she loved Melrose and thought TDs music in general was very soulful.

Not much gets past my Nan :D
always a T Dreamer
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

My wife really freaked out yesterday, during the opening couple of minutes to Desert Dream. I had to stop playing it as it was genuinely scaring her. I'd never thought about this track frightening anybody before, but after listening to her afterwards, I kind of see where she's coming from. I have to thank her for that, as I'm now seeing the music on another level.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Hobo wrote:My wife really freaked out yesterday, during the opening couple of minutes to Desert Dream. I had to stop playing it as it was genuinely scaring her. I'd never thought about this track frightening anybody before, but after listening to her afterwards, I kind of see where she's coming from. I have to thank her for that, as I'm now seeing the music on another level.
Desert Dream is a very frightening work of art and did keep me awake at night in the past with its nightmarish moments.... not for the fainthearted.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Hobo wrote:My wife really freaked out yesterday, during the opening couple of minutes to Desert Dream. I had to stop playing it as it was genuinely scaring her. I'd never thought about this track frightening anybody before, but after listening to her afterwards, I kind of see where she's coming from. I have to thank her for that, as I'm now seeing the music on another level.

If that is going to scare her Mick,try her with some tracks from The Keep :shock:
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

epsilon75 wrote:

If that is going to scare her Mick,try her with some tracks from The Keep :shock:
Strangely, she is not too bad with The Keep. Although it's not TD, here is one OST, I can't listen to alone and in the dark.

http://www.moviegrooves.com/shop/suspiria.htm
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
staatsgrenze

Post by staatsgrenze »

I play Near Dark for Halloween with my stereo set up in the garage, and the neighborhood kids just love it, I put my DJ lights up with the fog machine, then everything else is dark, I go all out for this.........."Caleb's Blues get's em' everytime........