Live performances on CD

alipaul
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Live performances on CD

Post by alipaul »

I was thinking wouldn't be great if TD were to do a live gig again where we didn't know any of the tracks as it was brand new material along the lines of Poland & Logos.

Then release it on CD i for one would prefer it to the 'greatest hits' type show as good as they are
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
24db

Re: Live performances on CD

Post by 24db »

alipaul wrote:I was thinking wouldn't be great if TD were to do a live gig again where we didn't know any of the tracks as it was brand new material along the lines of Poland & Logos.

Then release it on CD i for one would prefer it to the 'greatest hits' type show as good as they are
Purgatorio?
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

24db wrote:
alipaul wrote:I was thinking wouldn't be great if TD were to do a live gig again where we didn't know any of the tracks as it was brand new material along the lines of Poland & Logos.

Purgatorio?
Yes perfect example

Andy I was thinking along the the lines of the next live CD release

alipaul

Post by alipaul »

I reckon the Terry riley gig would have been released

alipaul

Post by alipaul »

alipaul wrote:I reckon the Terry riley gig would have been released
:cry:

epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Well im hoping we get some of the SIN CD tracks played at the Alte Oper....Maybe a few tracks from the first two instalments would be a good idea :idea:..........Would be great to see EF doing a stand-up guitar solo again to :idea: and i promise to stay in my seat :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

alipaul wrote:
24db wrote:

Purgatorio?
Yes perfect example

Andy I was thinking along the the lines of the next live CD release
Hmmm...well I've bored enough people with my opinion about that gig...however it would be nice to hear some new stuff...that's why 'for me' the Astoria 2003 concert was good
exit81

Post by exit81 »

The Jeanne' d'Arc, Paradiso, (and like Andy said), Purgatorio concerts ALL contained brand new material when premiered in concert (about 5 hours worth in total!), and were all later released on CD. Or do you mean released as a live CD?
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

exit81 wrote:The Jeanne' d'Arc, Paradiso, (and like Andy said), Purgatorio concerts ALL contained brand new material when premiered in concert (about 5 hours worth in total!), and were all later released on CD. Or do you mean released as a live CD?
Yes along the lines of Logos not like a premiere of a studio release

HYPERBOREA

Post by HYPERBOREA »

Performing one of the forthcoming albums from the 5 atomic seasons series prior to the release would be great together with some of the other popular stuff but please no more "Catwalk", Warsaw in the Sun", "Mobocaster", "Love on a real train". Great as they are it would be nice to hear something else performed live for a change

Also please no more cover versions.TD have a vast library of their own material to choose form and dont need to play House of the rising sun, purple haze or Eleanor Rigby.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

HYPERBOREA wrote:Performing one of the forthcoming albums from the 5 atomic seasons series prior to the release would be great together with some of the other popular stuff but please no more "Catwalk", Warsaw in the Sun", "Mobocaster", "Love on a real train". Great as they are it would be nice to hear something else performed live for a change

Also please no more cover versions.TD have a vast library of their own material to choose form and dont need to play House of the rising sun, purple haze or Eleanor Rigby.
I've been thinking similar things.... especially of Warsaw in the Sun at a concert again... I know I wouldn't enjoy that track much again. I hope the next TD concerts have plenty of music which hasn't been performed live before.

The Astoria 2007 concert was legendary.
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

That would get the thumbs up from me. I love hearing new music from TD in concert before it's been released. The Logos tour for example.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Chris Monk wrote:

That would get the thumbs up from me. I love hearing new music from TD in concert before it's been released. The Logos tour for example.
I remember TD gigs used to be all new stuff and then they would perform the old stuff in the encore a gig of old stuff rarely played would be good

Rest assured i am not having a dig here any TD gig is good for me

prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

:D :D It's a modern communication thing, mate. Many moons ago, you'd get a few snippets of info in the music papers about "the new TD album" so it was much more of a "new music event", when they performed the album, live.
MFD was playable before they performed it 'live'. You basically knew what was coming :D :D :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

going back to Logos, quite a lot of the concert had either been performed before (Choronzon, Zeiv Mission, the intro) or came from White Eagle (Mojave Plan and the title track). So even when TD played new stuff...it wasn't all new. Having said it was still the best gig I've ever been to