How good is your Dutch?

prophetfive
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by prophetfive »

:D :D Ol' Spike certainly had a way with words. The Great McGonagal is still one of my fave reads. Lunacy at it's best. :D :D :wink:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

prophetfive wrote::D :D Ol' Spike certainly had a way with words. The Great McGonagal is still one of my fave reads. Lunacy at it's best. :D :D :wink:
Spike was a Legend,just could not help but laugh at his lunacy :lol: :D
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
timer

Post by timer »

'What are we going to do now?'.

Spike is another true legend sadly missed.
tuftuf

Post by tuftuf »

bigmoog wrote:hans, my universal translator could not interpret your post :oops: :D
must say it looks kinda strange when reading the post Hans replied to and gave his translatiion, retranslate perhaps ?

stoute nonnen = naughty nuns, gereedschapskist = toolbox,
weg pleuren = to throw away (this is a typical Holland expression, in Belgium we would say : weg gooien)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
music is part of my life, without music life would be senseless
HYPERBOREA

Post by HYPERBOREA »

My Dutch isn't great

I was in a cheese shop in Amsterdam and another Englishman came in to by some cheese. He couldn't make himself understood so I told the shop keeper he doesn't spesk dutch. He said Edam well should !
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

HYPERBOREA wrote:I was in a cheese shop in Amsterdam and another Englishman came in to by some cheese. He couldn't make himself understood so I told the shop keeper he doesn't spesk dutch. He said Edam well should !
Hmm, your story makes me think of this clip: http://youtube.com/watch?v=3e5usftNCAI :lol:
pb2rdf

Re: How good is your Dutch?

Post by pb2rdf »

Is there still any need for translation, I can try ;-) :?:
At least my native language is dutch, my bussiness language is 50% english, am working in IT.
Don't have good experience with online translaters, the human interface is the best. :oops:

grtz, Peter
Last edited by pb2rdf on Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
24db

Re: How good is your Dutch?

Post by 24db »

pb2rdf wrote:
Is there still any need for translation, I can try ;-) :?:
At least my native language is dutch, my bussiness language is 50% english, am working in IT.

grtz, Peter
any translations are always gatefully received :)
pb2rdf

Post by pb2rdf »

Hallo 24db you are fast by responding, just typed the message!!!!

Did you take a look to the TD video's at my website ?

The intro (original file of 90MB) is also uploaded to youtube : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkNXg8cBWWM

grtz, Peter
24db

Post by 24db »

pb2rdf wrote:Hallo 24db you are fast by responding, just typed the message!!!!

Did you take a look to the TD video's at my website ?

The intro (original file of 90MB) is also uploaded to youtube : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkNXg8cBWWM

grtz, Peter
I tried Peter, but I need to download another file extension to play them.
The youtube clip is great btw.

Andy
pb2rdf

Translation of dutch text.

Post by pb2rdf »

Source : The Archive plus : Tangerine Dream and beyond.
http://the-archive-plus.blogspot.com/20 ... sters.html

Friday, May 11, 2007
Old Dutch Masters
TANGERINE DREAM
By JAN LIBBENGA

As spectator of a concert of the German band Tangerine Dream one is very curious who will be visiting such a special, nevertheless everyday, event.
Are the visitors electronic music maniacs? Just curious people or only fans of TD?
In any case the people visiting the concert of TD in the “Amsterdamse Rai-congrescentrum” on the 11th of february are not the usual rockmusic public.
For that, the three German man produce unusual music, which needs some concentration to listen to.
Dancing, slaps, shouts or sing, calling for favoriete music, crush barriers or ordinance people, none of all was present.
However, people around me made bad jokes and tasteless remarks about the complex towering, blinking lights, Moog synthesisers and connected electronic equipment shining in pale-blue light established on stage.
It was the very first gig of Tangerine Dream in the Netherlands. In contrast to the United Kingdom, where the band is very popular, the Dutch people have to get used to the mysterious music of the German sound factory.

This kind of music, also called “cosmic” music, is getting more fascination at the Dutch audience, as can seen by the unexpected success of the no less than half year old album “Time Wind” by Klaus Schulze.

Without promoting this album it was possible for it to reach the Dutch LP (Album) Top20.
A concert of the trio starts with tuning the instruments.
This happens with headsets on, so the public can watch the tuning for more than half a minute in deathly silence.
Finally, very softly swelling, the first sounds become audible.
Entirely left Edgar Froese with VCS3, mellotron, Arp-synthesizer, guitar and playing piano.
In the middle Christopher Franke with an incredibly big Moog-synthesizer while on the right Peter Baumann can be seen between a bunch of keyboards, buttons and switches.
Tangerine Dream is at least one of the only bands playing with their backs to the audience.

OOR/1976

Labels: 1976, dutch review, live, oor

posted by 24_frames at 4:57 PM
translation : Peter de Blécourt PB2RDF
24db

Post by 24db »

Excellent stuff Peter, can I re-post you translation on my blog?
pb2rdf

Post by pb2rdf »

24db wrote:Excellent stuff Peter, can I re-post you translation on my blog?
Thats why I put it here ;-)

You may publish it anywhere you like.

grtz, Peter
24db

Post by 24db »

pb2rdf wrote:
24db wrote:Excellent stuff Peter, can I re-post you translation on my blog?
Thats why I put it here ;-)

You may publish it anywhere you like.

grtz, Peter
cheers Peter :)

http://the-archive-plus.blogspot.com/20 ... -1976.html
Schulze

Post by Schulze »

After a few beers, and perhaps a bottle of wine.... I speak fluent Double Dutch....... :wink:
Be at one with the sequencing.....