All time classic track (persuade the band to perform it)

Steve
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

All time classic track (persuade the band to perform it)

Post by Steve »

I'd like to canvass opinion on which track we all think might be the all time TD classic, & if so, can it be played by the band at a gig sometime.

My vote goes to Cloudburst Flight from Force Majeure. I'd absolutely love to be at a concert when this is performed.

Any other views?
Hobo

Re: All time classic track (persuade the band to perform it)

Post by Hobo »

Steve wrote:I'd like to canvass opinion on which track we all think might be the all time TD classic, & if so, can it be played by the band at a gig sometime.

My vote goes to Cloudburst Flight from Force Majeure. I'd absolutely love to be at a concert when this is performed.

Any other views?
I have to agree with your choice Steve. I would love this to be an encore a) because it's a great track to have ringing in your ears, as you exit and
b) because I'd surely wet my pants and don't want to stand in cold kick for
the rest of the night!
:wink:
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Hyperboreauk

Post by Hyperboreauk »

Steve wrote:I'd like to canvass opinion on which track we all think might be the all time TD classic, & if so, can it be played by the band at a gig sometime.

Any other views?
I was lucky enough to see my all time classic Mojave Plan performed live,but I would love to see them perform another classic which they have never done before Hyperborea.
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

Hyperboreauk wrote:I was lucky enough to see my all time classic Mojave Plan performed live,but I would love to see them perform another classic which they have never done before Hyperborea.
It was performed at the SBE in 1996.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I know its a dodgy request but it would have to be the whole of Rubycon Part 1.................other than that Cloudburst Flight would really send me nutty and Diamond Diary (Original) and Marakesh would be amazing :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Hyperboreauk

Post by Hyperboreauk »

Pertou wrote:
Hyperboreauk wrote:I was lucky enough to see my all time classic Mojave Plan performed live,but I would love to see them perform another classic which they have never done before Hyperborea.
I was sad when I found out they had played in 96 and I had missed it, this makes me sadder :cry:
24db

Post by 24db »

Pertou wrote:
No it wasn't...I was there mate. The last time it was played live in the UK was at the Dominion (and UK tour) in 1982. The complete track...awesome
Hyperboreauk

Post by Hyperboreauk »

24db wrote:
Pertou wrote:
No it wasn't...I was there mate. The last time it was played live in the UK was at the Dominion (and UK tour) in 1982. The complete track...awesome
Andy we were talking about Hyperborea not Mojave Plan :)
timer

Post by timer »

Im sure i can remember Hyperborea being played sometime during the past 10 years of uk gigs ,but which gig eludes me at present.
24db

Post by 24db »

Hyperboreauk wrote:
24db wrote:
Pertou wrote: It was performed at the SBE in 1996.
Andy we were talking about Hyperborea not Mojave Plan :)
oops sorry Gary and Jacob :) yes you're right Hyperborea was played in 1996 I think. After a 6 year gap of not touring in the UK...6 years, far too long, gawd knows how other fans can stand it (Australian fans must be heroes!)

I was referring to Mojave Plan...I'd love to hear that again, with Iris on percussion (at full volume!)
Last edited by 24db on Thu May 10, 2007 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hyperboreauk

Post by Hyperboreauk »

timer wrote:Im sure i can remember Hyperborea being played sometime during the past 10 years of uk gigs ,but which gig eludes me at present.
Jacob posted earlier it was SBE 96.
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

Since the wonders that are Phaedra, Rubycon and Ricochet would be almost impossible to fully replicate played "properly" live, I'd settle for Mysterious Semblance, as it "only" needs a Mellotron and some filtered noises (Oh no it doesn't.....).

It would have to be a real LIVE Mellotron though, none of this hard drive rubbish...... :twisted:

I wonder if Maroubra Bay could be performed decently with software sequencers and sounds??????????????
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

DSJR wrote:Since the wonders that are Phaedra, Rubycon and Ricochet would be almost impossible to fully replicate played "properly" live, I'd settle for Mysterious Semblance, as it "only" needs a Mellotron and some filtered noises (Oh no it doesn't.....).

It would have to be a real LIVE Mellotron though, none of this hard drive rubbish...... :twisted:

I wonder if Maroubra Bay could be performed decently with software sequencers and sounds??????????????

Maroubra Bay (Live) :shock: :shock: I would have multiple orgasmic motions :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Pertou wrote:
The second half of Hyperborea was performed. Perhaps the first half wasn't because that was by Chris Franke.
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

epsilon75 wrote:
DSJR wrote:Since the wonders that are Phaedra, Rubycon and Ricochet would be almost impossible to fully replicate played "properly" live, I'd settle for Mysterious Semblance, as it "only" needs a Mellotron and some filtered noises (Oh no it doesn't.....).

Maroubra Bay (Live) :shock: :shock: I would have multiple orgasmic motions :arrow:
I'm playing it now :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D