Has anyone booked for Frankfurt?

cantosis
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by cantosis »

Hobo wrote:I've been given the all clear to attend Frankfurt, but unfortunately it's a logistical nightmare. I have therefore, reluctantly decided to give it a miss. Hopefully, there will be another gig soon, that proves less problematic (Japan isn't it!).
Im still 50/50 whether to go, my wife says I can but I am having second thoughts. the merchandise stall is the thing that is tempting me
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

cantosis wrote:
Hobo wrote:I've been given the all clear to attend Frankfurt, but unfortunately it's a logistical nightmare. I have therefore, reluctantly decided to give it a miss. Hopefully, there will be another gig soon, that proves less problematic (Japan isn't it!).
Im still 50/50 whether to go, my wife says I can but I am having second thoughts. the merchandise stall is the thing that is tempting me
I'm sure the good folks here would help you out with your shopping list. The merch stall alone would not tempt me, it's the promised set list that appeals most.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:
why not meet up with Colin, Gary et al, they'll look after you and you'll have a great time mate?
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote:
cantosis wrote:
why not meet up with Colin, Gary et al, they'll look after you and you'll have a great time mate?
That's another good reason for attending. A large part of the TD "live" experiences, are the fan meetings.
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:
cantosis wrote: Im still 50/50 whether to go, my wife says I can but I am having second thoughts. the merchandise stall is the thing that is tempting me
That's another good reason for attending. A large part of the TD "live" experiences, are the fan meetings.
I agree, although I was thinking more of the finding yourself about in a foreign city, transport to and from the airport, getting some food and drink etc etc. It's better in groups (sometimes).
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:
24db wrote: why not meet up with Colin, Gary et al, they'll look after you and you'll have a great time mate?
I agree, although I was thinking more of the finding yourself about in a foreign city, transport to and from the airport, getting some food and drink etc etc. It's better in groups (sometimes).
"Safety in numbers" eh! I agree that travelling alone in a foreign land can be quite daunting, but I'm sure the natives are friendly and I've always managed to order a beer, whenever I've been abroad.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:
24db wrote: why not meet up with Colin, Gary et al, they'll look after you and you'll have a great time mate?
yeh thats what I am going to email him about, I`m actually going alone now(wife doesn`t think taking the baby will be nice,i tend to agree). As I am staying in the same hotel hopefully he won`t mind me tagging along

HYPERBOREA

Post by HYPERBOREA »

Frankfurt should'nt have been booked ! - It was a straight red in my opinion !
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

HYPERBOREA wrote:Frankfurt should'nt have been booked ! - It was a straight red in my opinion !
:lol: Rob effin' Styles again! :x
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Hobo wrote:
HYPERBOREA wrote:Frankfurt should'nt have been booked ! - It was a straight red in my opinion !
:lol: Rob effin' Styles again! :x
And he laid the Russians drive in his house :shock: :o say no more :roll:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

cantosis wrote:
Holy Cr**p!! Let me get this straight. The *merchandise* is tempting you to go to a TD concert? Is that what I am hearing??

Ok, Ratty...take a breath.

If I ever got a chance to see TD again the last thing I'd ever think about would be what could I buy there to take home.

I went to my one and only TD gig in 1992. I remember the concert. I remember nothing about if they even had a merchandise stall.

This is what canned shows do to fans.
redziller

Post by redziller »

D'ya think? Gig's the thing but a spread of goodies is another plus

update

g'dammit - passport expires in September! Should have time :oops:
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
exit81

Post by exit81 »

hehe, I'm landing so far from Frankfurt that it's actually in Cologne :D Easyjet don't go to Frankfurt....so it's the high speed train from Cologne to Frankfurt for me (trying not to stick me head out of the window!!). I've got 4 hours to get from Cologne airport to the gig!!
timer

Post by timer »

exit81 wrote:hehe, I'm landing so far from Frankfurt that it's actually in Cologne :D Easyjet don't go to Frankfurt....so it's the high speed train from Cologne to Frankfurt for me (trying not to stick me head out of the window!!). I've got 4 hours to get from Cologne airport to the gig!!
Wouldnt fancy it meself Exit81 , but I do admire your determination to get to the gig.
24db

Post by 24db »

exit81 wrote:hehe, I'm landing so far from Frankfurt that it's actually in Cologne :D Easyjet don't go to Frankfurt....so it's the high speed train from Cologne to Frankfurt for me (trying not to stick me head out of the window!!). I've got 4 hours to get from Cologne airport to the gig!!
I bet you booked this through 'last minute dot com as well ;)...you're cutting it fine mate!