Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on Performances
Author Message
 Post subject: Tribute to Edgar Concert
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:57 pm
Posts: 1414
Location: London, England
:) It has just been announced that the band will be performing a 'tribute to Edgar' concert sometime in the future but as yet no firm plans have been made. There will also be a tribute album. :)

_________________
Biggus Dickus


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 10:40 am
Posts: 3091
Location: In my private cryo space lounge, Oslo, Norway
There were many good news in the latest newsletter. In this tough time I think many also feel it helps to keep the flame burning, and the spirit of TD continuing. That is maybe also what Edgar would have wanted. Future releases will be welcome, and a tribute concert and a tribute album I am sure will be very well received by the fans.
The future of the band may yet be uncertain, but whatever they decide I will continue to follow everything that has to do with TD. A band can be bigger than the individuals, and keeping the dream alive will certainly make it easier to deal with the loss of Edgar. I was very happy for the newsletter from Eastgate that arrived yesterday evening. We all understand this has been (and is) a sad time for all that were close to Edgar. Even more than it has been for us fans.
I want to express my good wishes for the future of TD and/or future events and releases related to TD.

_________________
http://www.last.fm/user/Insvims


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:04 pm
Posts: 18
Insvims wrote:
There were many good news in the latest newsletter. In this tough time I think many also feel it helps to keep the flame burning, and the spirit of TD continuing. That is maybe also what Edgar would have wanted. Future releases will be welcome, and a tribute concert and a tribute album I am sure will be very well received by the fans.
The future of the band may yet be uncertain, but whatever they decide I will continue to follow everything that has to do with TD. A band can be bigger than the individuals, and keeping the dream alive will certainly make it easier to deal with the loss of Edgar. I was very happy for the newsletter from Eastgate that arrived yesterday evening. We all understand this has been (and is) a sad time for all that were close to Edgar. Even more than it has been for us fans.
I want to express my good wishes for the future of TD and/or future events and releases related to TD.


Beautifully worded post! :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:00 pm
Posts: 883
Location: Chelmsford - home of the Chelmsford TDBA
Yes, lovely worded post Insvims :D

_________________
http://wayfarer2006.blogspot.com/
http://www.last.fm/user/Browncoat
TDBA - Chelmsford Battalion


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 10:40 am
Posts: 3091
Location: In my private cryo space lounge, Oslo, Norway
Thanks. :-)

_________________
http://www.last.fm/user/Insvims


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:44 pm
Posts: 50
Can somebody post the best bits from the newsletter, or better yet, can someone provide the email by which one may subscribe?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 10:40 am
Posts: 3091
Location: In my private cryo space lounge, Oslo, Norway
Network23 wrote:
Can somebody post the best bits from the newsletter, or better yet, can someone provide the email by which one may subscribe?

http://www.tangerinedream-music.com/index.php

Scroll down just a little bit. In the header under the main band picture there is a place to provide your e-mail address to subscribe. It's a bit easy to miss it, but just take a look and you will find it.:-)

_________________
http://www.last.fm/user/Insvims


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:44 pm
Posts: 50
Oh, geez. 8) Thanks, Insvims! :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:44 pm
Posts: 50
When I click 'SIGN UP' it deletes the country, which causes the 'Select a Country' prompt to reappear. Any way around that?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:42 pm
Posts: 4483
Location: Netherlands
Insvims wrote:
There were many good news in the latest newsletter. In this tough time I think many also feel it helps to keep the flame burning, and the spirit of TD continuing. That is maybe also what Edgar would have wanted. Future releases will be welcome, and a tribute concert and a tribute album I am sure will be very well received by the fans.
The future of the band may yet be uncertain, but whatever they decide I will continue to follow everything that has to do with TD. A band can be bigger than the individuals, and keeping the dream alive will certainly make it easier to deal with the loss of Edgar. I was very happy for the newsletter from Eastgate that arrived yesterday evening. We all understand this has been (and is) a sad time for all that were close to Edgar. Even more than it has been for us fans.
I want to express my good wishes for the future of TD and/or future events and releases related to TD.


Nicely spoken. I like the idea of the tribute concert and when it is in Germany or UK I will be there. Probably for the last time, but that is something we don't know yet. Guess there is onky one thing certain, we will get a lot of material in the next years. Long live TD. Or le roi est mort, vive le roi.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:13 pm
Posts: 1002
Location: Paris/Earth/Solar System/Milky Way
Nice post indeed, Insvims ! :)
Great to know there will be a tribute concert + a tribute album...

_________________
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:56 am
Posts: 14
was there any mention of where this tribute show may be taking place? I signed up for the newsletter but haven't received it so far. I'm holding onto hope that they will play in the US. I will certainly fly to any city they play here.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:44 pm
Posts: 50
impaler42 wrote:
was there any mention of where this tribute show may be taking place? I signed up for the newsletter but haven't received it so far. I'm holding onto hope that they will play in the US. I will certainly fly to any city they play here.


It's only in the earliest planning stage. I assume it will be a one-off and take place in Germany, but anything can happen.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 10:40 am
Posts: 3091
Location: In my private cryo space lounge, Oslo, Norway
Network23 wrote:
When I click 'SIGN UP' it deletes the country, which causes the 'Select a Country' prompt to reappear. Any way around that?

Maybe write to Eastgate about this? Not sure why this happens.

_________________
http://www.last.fm/user/Insvims


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 10:40 am
Posts: 3091
Location: In my private cryo space lounge, Oslo, Norway
impaler42 wrote:
I signed up for the newsletter but haven't received it so far.

You probably won't get it until there is a new one sent out. Guess the subscription will not work for previous newsletters.

Network23 wrote:
Can somebody post the best bits from the newsletter, or better yet, can someone provide the email by which one may subscribe?

- Eastgate shop will go on as usual
- Band is carefully considering the future (if and how etc.)
- Tribute album will be composed
- The new releases on their way (Supernormal and Booster VII)
- Autobiography will have some added content, but will be released!

_________________
http://www.last.fm/user/Insvims


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on Performances All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage