I have no idea why...

HomerNarr
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

I have no idea why...

Post by HomerNarr »

... after all this years TD / Edgar seems to be unable to put performance / tour dates somewhere on the news Pages.

Every time i have to follow hints and clues and superstitions.
I find this realy anoying.
I missed so many of them this is sooo sad and to be honest, i start to feel pissed.

Even now i found something on the net, which i cant find here.

HomerNarr, clueless...
Hobo

Re: I have no idea why...

Post by Hobo »

HomerNarr wrote:... after all this years TD / Edgar seems to be unable to put performance / tour dates somewhere on the news Pages.

I missed so many of them this is sooo sad and to be honest, i start to feel pissed.

HomerNarr, clueless...
I agree that publicity is not their strong point, but I'd much rather they concentrated on the music. Welcome to the forum BTW!
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
HomerNarr

Post by HomerNarr »

Hobo wrote:I agree that publicity is not their strong point, but I'd much rather they concentrated on the music. Welcome to the forum BTW!
Thanks for the welcome!

Please don't missunderstand, i am pissed by the situation, but i am quite used to it.

On the other hand, i had only the chance to watch one live Gig and i realy want to see them again.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

HomerNarr wrote:
Hobo wrote:I agree that publicity is not their strong point, but I'd much rather they concentrated on the music. Welcome to the forum BTW!
Thanks for the welcome!

Please don't missunderstand, i am pissed by the situation, but i am quite used to it.

On the other hand, i had only the chance to watch one live Gig and i realy want to see them again.
Well they have hinted at a gig "near Berlin" and Thorsten mentioned this would likely be in July. Are you able to attend that one?
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

Hobo wrote:
HomerNarr wrote:... after all this years TD / Edgar seems to be unable to put performance / tour dates somewhere on the news Pages.

HomerNarr, clueless...
I agree that publicity is not their strong point, but I'd much rather they concentrated on the music. Welcome to the forum BTW!
Why does Edgar have to book venues??? can't he hire someone??
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Hobo wrote:
HomerNarr wrote:
Thanks for the welcome!

Well they have hinted at a gig "near Berlin" and Thorsten mentioned this would likely be in July. Are you able to attend that one?

Well if they are going to play Berlin in July i think an announcement should be made rather quickly...............after all its only 2 months away :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

HomerNarr, clueless...
Hang around this forum. If there's TD related news it's usually here way before it gets on to the TD New Page plus it's not a bad place to be anyway.
24db

Post by 24db »

HomerNarr, clueless...
eh? it's usually announced on the front page, however I would have thought they'd do it in larger or bolder typeface so you'd notice it. As for advertising, well TD need a good company (or fan ;)) to promote them. 4 or 5 adverts in the press (although in fairly high profile magazines) isn't enough, IMHO they should have put ads in ALL 3 of London's free daily papers and got the Astoria to do flyers that went further than the ticket hall and foyer,
Einstein's Barber (ADMIN)

Post by Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) »

HomerNarr, clueless...
Dear HomerNarr,

As it has been said many times: Concerts will be announced AFTER a contract signing. What kind of advantage can be seen if some of you paying for travel arrangements to a gig maybe never happens?? To those of you complaining all the time, it's just protecting YOUR wallet.

We always put every effort in accelerating those administrative procedures, but very much depend on local organizers.

Regards,

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. ALBERT EINSTEIN
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) wrote:

HomerNarr, clueless...
Dear HomerNarr,

As it has been said many times: Concerts will be announced AFTER a contract signing. What kind of advantage can be seen if some of you paying for travel arrangements to a gig maybe never happens?? To those of you complaining all the time, it's just protecting YOUR wallet.

We always put every effort in accelerating those administrative procedures, but very much depend on local organizers.

Regards,

With the deepest respect to you dear sir, I think what has been suggested on this thread is that as soon as Edgar and the band have committed to a concert, PLEASE "put the flags out" and try to make as big an issue out of it as possible. I'm sure there are people here on this forum that would love the chance to promote concerts as much and as professionally as they can - for nothing!!!

We may come across as a complaining lot at times, but it's only because we love this band and its music so much and have followed you from very early days in some cases.. We want the best publicity for you and many fans "out there" who don't know the website, let alone this and other forums need to know that Tangerine Dream is alive and well and visiting your country soon..........

Onwards and upwards... :D
HomerNarr

Post by HomerNarr »

Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) wrote: Dear HomerNarr,

Regards,

Dear EinsteinsBarber,

you might be right, but sometimes it appears to me that gigs are anounced *after* they have happend. Of course this is not true, BUT:
as i said, i found Tickets for a concert near Frankfurt.
TANGERINE DREAM + TERRY RILEY at FRANKFURT, ALTE OPER FRANKFURT in August
Since i dont know Riley i wanted to learn more here, but i found nothing sofar. People here are talking about a *possible* Gig in Berlin in less then a month.

And this Moneysaving argument doesnt work out. One would buy the tickets before one would care for any other arrangments.
In fact one as i would start saving money for that. Something in June is quite to close for me to put enough money aside.
And IF the are so many complaining, maybe this is realy some kind of an issue?
What's the problem with a link close to the latest releease of TD?
I must admit, it's partialy my fault, when i had no work, i didn't check for gigs and cd which i couldn't afford anyway.

Hu, spanish vocals on TD, hihi...

Oh, and thanx DSJR, well said!
24db

Post by 24db »

HomerNarr wrote:
Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) wrote: Dear HomerNarr,

Regards,

Dear EinsteinsBarber,

you might be right, but sometimes it appears to me that gigs are anounced *after* they have happend. Of course this is not true, BUT:
as i said, i found Tickets for a concert near Frankfurt.
TANGERINE DREAM + TERRY RILEY at FRANKFURT, ALTE OPER FRANKFURT in August
Since i dont know Riley i wanted to learn more here, but i found nothing sofar. People here are talking about a *possible* Gig in Berlin in less then a month.

And this Moneysaving argument doesnt work out. One would buy the tickets before one would care for any other arrangments.
In fact one as i would start saving money for that. Something in June is quite to close for me to put enough money aside.
And IF the are so many complaining, maybe this is realy some kind of an issue?
What's the problem with a link close to the latest releease of TD?
I must admit, it's partialy my fault, when i had no work, i didn't check for gigs and cd which i couldn't afford anyway.

Hu, spanish vocals on TD, hihi...

Oh, and thanx DSJR, well said!
Terry Riley said about a planned gig with TD in last months 'the Wire' magazine. There's nothing concrete so far
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

HomerNarr wrote: TANGERINE DREAM + TERRY RILEY at FRANKFURT, ALTE OPER FRANKFURT in August
Oh wow. My Great Grandad painted a mural on the ceiling of the Alte Opera House in Frankfurt. Been there twice but they wouldn't let me in despite making prior arrangements. Not even sure whether the mural still exists since the building was badly damaged during WWII. To see TD there would be something very special for me.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

...The wise.....are silent.....
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Chris Monk wrote:
HomerNarr wrote: TANGERINE DREAM + TERRY RILEY at FRANKFURT, ALTE OPER FRANKFURT in August
Oh wow. My Great Grandad painted a mural on the ceiling of the Alte Opera House in Frankfurt. Been there twice but they wouldn't let me in despite making prior arrangements. Not even sure whether the mural still exists since the building was badly damaged during WWII. To see TD there would be something very special for me.

Im hoping very much if this is true i can be there,but its doubtful :( :cry:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.