Which is the best TD concert which you have attended?

Steve C
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Which is the best TD concert which you have attended?

Post by Steve C »

My vote goes to Newcastle 1982 (Logos tour), thankfully a good bootleg recording is available.
sparrow

Re: Which is the best TD concert which you have attended?

Post by sparrow »

Only been to two. Glasgow 97 and Edinburgh 200??
Both great Edinburgh was best. Happy days but will probably be last time seeing the band.
No money
No desire to travel.
Steve C

Post by Steve C »

sparrow wrote:Only been to two. Glasgow 97 and Edinburgh 200??
Both great Edinburgh was best. Happy days but will probably be last time seeing the band.
No money
No desire to travel.
I was at that Edinburgh concert (2009?) - my first since 1990 and I really enjoyed it.
logos

Post by logos »

All of them but if I must choose one LONDON SBE 2005 "Phaedra 35th Anniversary concert"
pb2rdf

Post by pb2rdf »

There is no best TD concert in my opionion, hope you understand why I'm writing this !!
All concerts have their own impressions and memories.
It's not only the music, the band, the show, the environment.
What makes a concert as best are also the fans you meet to share the music with.
And don't forget the people on the background of TD. :D

I can't choose of one since I first started to visit the TD concerts, in total 14
  • 2007, October 07 Frankfurt Alte Oper (Germany)
    2008, April 13 Eindhoven Technic University Auditorium (Netherlands)
    2008, July 18 St. Goarshausen Loreley Open Air (Germany)
    2008, November 01 London The Forum Kentishtown (UK)
    2009, August 30 Berlin Citadelle Spandau (Germany)
    2010, March 28 Paris Olympia (France)
    2010, March 30 Zoetermeer Cultuurpodium Boerderij (Netherlands)
    2010, April 01 London Royal Albert Hall (UK)
    2011, May 28 Manchester The Lowry (UK)
    2011, June 24 London Shepherds Bush Empire (UK)
    2012, May 10 Berlin Admiralspalast-Theater (Germany)
    2014, May 24 Nijmegen Concertgebouw De Vereeniging (Netherlands)
    2014, May 31 Offenbach Capitol (Germany)
    2014, June 03 Vienna Planet.tt Bank Austria Halle (Austria)
Just read the news the band stops in the current lune-up.
Curious what will be next, and maybe we will see some of the old bandmembers back, I'don't know.

regards, and see you sometime, someday
Peter
Last edited by pb2rdf on Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mac cuber transfer

Post by Mac cuber transfer »

Victoria Apollo London 1980

I remember listening and thinking what I'm hearing now is brilliant, this has got to be the best group on the entire planet right now.

1982 in Oxford was pretty special too, so much so I managed to see it all again at the Dominion London shortly after. I managed to record the Oxford gig on a sony professional walkman so I can always go back there, sadly, I don't know of any recording of the Victoria gig, I would dearly love to hear that again, particularly the wonderful silver scale.
Taximan431

Post by Taximan431 »

Berlin 1990 Jeromes first appearance , North America 1992 , SEB 2006, Berlin 2007, Potsdam 2006, London eye , lorley with Tommy & gang, & the next gig in Melbourne :)
Peter Beasley

Post by Peter Beasley »

Mac cuber transfer wrote:Victoria Apollo London 1980

sadly, I don't know of any recording of the Victoria gig, I would dearly love to hear that again, particularly the wonderful silver scale.
I believe there is a recording.
intercorni

Post by intercorni »

Logos Tour 1982
Red Morpho

Post by Red Morpho »

Royal Albert Hall Zeitgeist Concert - staggering around on crutches recovering with broken ankle,
6hrs at Kings College hospital previously changing casts and check up almost missed the concert
perfect end to a exhaustive nightmare of a day
First time I met the band and added bonus of picture in the CD booklet :) :D :D
You can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink...but if you get it to float's on it's back then you've got something...
GaryNovaScotia

Post by GaryNovaScotia »

I will say Munich Crcus Krone 2014.

New York City on Electric Mandarin was electric and passionate. Best till then.

But on the Phaedrea Farewell tour I went to 8 shows. Along the way I got so disheveled shuttling from show to show that at Munich the train police stopped and interrogated me. It was at there at Munich I feel I met my most perfect day. I had personally set up a TD "meetup", at the immense Munich Beer Garden. It fell through. But to make sure, I wandered about the gigantic place asking many random people if they were "TD". It started pouring rain, and I got completely soaked. I then entered and scanned the indoor main beer hall. With the meetup a shambles I ordered the biggest beer they had. It was so big, it took two hands to lift it. All of a sudden this was my German experience I had dreamed of!

I then wandered through the park in the heavy rain, beer induced, seeking the legendary Circus Krone . I emerged from the beer park soaking wet and saw it not far away. Here a couple of hours before the show, people were already waiting, huddling from the elements. They were from all over. Some with incredible travel challenges to get there. I felt special as they told me I was crazy to come all the way from Canada. We all stood in the rain and realized together what this music meant to us.

Once inside the venue was legendary. Old circus venue with trapeeze gear still in place, so many legendary shows there from the past!
Peter Beasley

Post by Peter Beasley »

For grandness - Royal Albert Hall '75, for atmosphere - Victoria Apollo '80, for volume - Croydon '76, for crazyness - Hammersmith Odeon '78, for content - Croydon '82.
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

Hi,

Can't even remember when ... TD at the Greek Theater (outdoors) which has Lazarium right above teh stage on the hill, and of course ... they set the trees "on fire". There is a picture of it on the Live in America album!
Mars

Post by Mars »

2008 Tangerine Dream Plays Edgar Froese - T.U.E. Eindhoven Holland.

A one of a kind concert, wich never was repeated. So fantastic to hear and see this
music live. :-)
ant

Post by ant »

:D Very difficult as I have been to all the one-off gigs they have done in the UK and to at least one on every 'tour' they have done in the UK since about 1977/78, plus the New York gig in 2012, so I have been to a lot. I don't know for sure but I reckon it must be something in the region of 35 or so gigs. I will have to see if I can work it out. I loved the one in New York - it was really special to see my favourite band in my favourite city. I loved the Logos gig and also I really enjoyed the Zeitgeist one. But in my mind they have all been brilliant and they are all times I will cherish. Last years Farewell gig at The O2 Shepherds Bush Empire must be the tops purely because it was the last time I met and shook hands with the big man himself. A wonderful memory. :)
Biggus Dickus