TD Line up

Janus
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Janus »

:lol: Point in case!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://heyzradio.com
For Tim - Always in our thoughts and hearts, the dream remains the same
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: What have i started :arrow: :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

well, the butter was slightly salted :o :P
...The wise.....are silent.....
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

You need my old mate Eric, who used to buy many of Jazz CD's, most of which were scratched, along with the cases. He developed a fantastic method of scratch removal and kept my piano gloss black speakers gleaming (I was forbidden to touch them :lol: ).
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

bigmoog wrote:well, the butter was slightly salted :o :P
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :arrow: Time to run me thinks :arrow:
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

DSJR wrote:You need my old mate Eric, who used to buy many of Jazz CD's, most of which were scratched, along with the cases. He developed a fantastic method of scratch removal and kept my piano gloss black speakers gleaming (I was forbidden to touch them :lol: ).

vinyl rules

now back to butter :arrow:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

This postman of yours sounds a right Anchor :arrow: :roll:
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

epsilon75 wrote:This postman of yours sounds a right Anchor :arrow: :roll:

:lol:

but it weren't the postman that delivered thee butter, 'twas the milkman.....he knows how to empty his pint :arrow:
Chris Monk

Re: TD Line up

Post by Chris Monk »

billythefish wrote:
rattymouse wrote: I still think that the way Jerome's departure from the band was handled is Classic TDI management.
Trouble is, I think the reason behind vague or non-existent information is that the band themselves are not the best at making decisions, and that these kinds of situations evolve and develop over time. Chances are that it is still fluid.

Don't' forget that the last official word was that Jerome was 'taking a break' for two main reasons: first that he was concentrating on his new solo album, and second that he did not consider himself a vocal composer / performer.

It would be great to see him back in the line-up some time in the future, and if he has any sense (as I am sure he does) he would not be burning his bridges.
I was thinking about this the other day and came to the conclusion that plans for Jerome's departure were actually made some time ago. We had the dissolution of TDI and then the setting up of Eastgate and Moonpop/Cydersounds. To my mind it points to this being a gradual and controlled moving apart of Edgar and Jerome business interests, rather than a big falling out. Jerome has continued to work with TD throughout this period and contributed some great music. As you so righly say, things have been left quite fluid and I'm sure that this has been done just in case things go pear-shaped for Jerome.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Chris Monk wrote: As you so righly say, things have been left quite fluid and I'm sure that this has been done just in case things go pear-shaped for Jerome.
I would think that Jerome would like the opportunity to guest for TD even if his solo career rockets and I think he would be welcomed with open arms!
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

billythefish wrote:
rattymouse wrote: I still think that the way Jerome's departure from the band was handled is Classic TDI management.
Trouble is, I think the reason behind vague or non-existent information is that the band themselves are not the best at making decisions, and that these kinds of situations evolve and develop over time. Chances are that it is still fluid.

Don't' forget that the last official word was that Jerome was 'taking a break' for two main reasons: first that he was concentrating on his new solo album, and second that he did not consider himself a vocal composer / performer.

It would be great to see him back in the line-up some time in the future, and if he has any sense (as I am sure he does) he would not be burning his bridges.
Still, the change of Jerome to a solo artist could have been celebrated instead of hidden. I mean, come on, it is not a disaster for him to want to have a solo career. Make a nice clean break, and jump into the new career. Keeping fans in the dark ALWAYS looks bad. Remember all the swirling speculation and rumors when he failed to appear at Paradiso and the total lack of stage annoucement from Edgar? People's mind were blown back then that there was no annoucement.
HomerNarr

Post by HomerNarr »

rattymouse wrote:Still, the change of Jerome to a solo artist could have been celebrated instead of hidden. I mean, come on, it is not a disaster for him to want to have a solo career. Make a nice clean break, and jump into the new career. Keeping fans in the dark ALWAYS looks bad. Remember all the swirling speculation and rumors when he failed to appear at Paradiso and the total lack of stage annoucement from Edgar? People's mind were blown back then that there was no annoucement.
Jerome isn't TD anymore?
Hear this first time now, but i am not surprised.
TD is EF!
Follwing TD over all this years reading statements, FAQs and fori, i concluded that TD is in Fact Edgars Baby. All others will be along some time, but eventually they will part. Since Jerome is Edgars son, he was the only one, that i ever considered staying longer.
I am suprised, that the situation attuned to my former prognosis.
And for hiding / not mentioning Jeromes departure...
.. i am under the impression, that Edgar hates to justify his decissions.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Hobo wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: As you so righly say, things have been left quite fluid and I'm sure that this has been done just in case things go pear-shaped for Jerome.
I would think that Jerome would like the opportunity to guest for TD even if his solo career rockets and I think he would be welcomed with open arms!
Absolutley. Or may be even a support slot. Imagine that, a TD gig with Jerome as the support act. That would be awesome. :D
JD

Post by JD »

y'know though, maybe Jerome really is just taking a break to get his solo caree sorted out, because TD wont be forever, Edgar is getting old and Td wont support Jerome into his pension years.I woudn't be suprised to suddenly see him turn up on again in the nexy year or so.
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Chris Monk wrote:
Hobo wrote:
Absolutley. Or may be even a support slot. Imagine that, a TD gig with Jerome as the support act. That would be awesome. :D
That's not a bad idea :!: :idea: :arrow:
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese