Astoria 2007: Edgars closing words

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:Cheers Andy. I caught most of it at the time, but Edgar sounded a little muffled on the night.
it was that foghorn German fan bellowing in your ear mate
Strangely enough, I didn't hear him at all, despite being only a few feet away.
I would imagine ;) that any fan recording would a least pick up a few shouts, if not the words. But then again I didn't pay £22 to listen to him :D
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

bigmoog wrote:I wil say here that edgar's closing words for me were very moving and touching........
Me too.

But like Wayne in Wayne's World I felt "we are not worthy".
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:
bigmoog wrote:I wil say here that edgar's closing words for me were very moving and touching........
Me too.

But like Wayne in Wayne's World I felt "we are not worthy".
Nah...equal partners on the journey from birth to death. Enjoy it...it's too short and along the way...play some music...loud!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:
24db wrote: it was that foghorn German fan bellowing in your ear mate
Strangely enough, I didn't hear him at all, despite being only a few feet away.
I would imagine ;) that any fan recording would a least pick up a few shouts, if not the words. But then again I didn't pay £22 to listen to him :D

£29.50 with booking fee and p&p :arrow: :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
Hobo wrote: Strangely enough, I didn't hear him at all, despite being only a few feet away.

£29.50 with booking fee and p&p :arrow: :wink:
Booking fees are a little steep these days! :x
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I tell you what,these booking fees are an absolute disgrace,the more expensive the ticket the more the booking fee becomes.........Why cant bands cut out the middle men and sell them from their own sites,it just one BIG rip off :evil: :x
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

epsilon75 wrote:I tell you what,these booking fees are an absolute disgrace,the more expensive the ticket the more the booking fee becomes.........Why cant bands cut out the middle men and sell them from their own sites,it just one BIG rip off :evil: :x
I agree Colin and the postage charges are reaching Ebay levels as well! :x
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

epsilon75 wrote:I tell you what,these booking fees are an absolute disgrace,the more expensive the ticket the more the booking fee becomes.........Why cant bands cut out the middle men and sell them from their own sites,it just one BIG rip off :evil: :x
It's one big con. What exactly is a booking fee? Surely all costs should be covered by ticket price. It certainly doesn't cost pounds to send tickets through the post and why is it not a single price independant of the number of tickets? :evil:
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Chris Monk wrote: why is it not a single price independant of the number of tickets? :evil:
Or the face value?
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Chris Monk wrote:
It's one big con. What exactly is a booking fee? Surely all costs should be covered by ticket price. It certainly doesn't cost pounds to send tickets through the post and why is it not a single price independant of the number of tickets? :evil:
For the Astoria the ticket was £22 the Booking Fee £5.10 :shock: and the postage £2..........No way im complaining at £22 to see TD that is more than exceptable as i paid 59 euro at the Tempodrom and that was money well spent,its just these booking fee & postal rip offs that really cheese me off :roll:
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

epsilon75 wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
For the Astoria the ticket was £22 the Booking Fee £5.10 :shock: and the postage £2..........No way im complaining at £22 to see TD that is more than exceptable as i paid 59 euro at the Tempodrom and that was money well spent,its just these booking fee & postal rip offs that really cheese me off :roll:
It's easy money isn't it. Surely Eastgate could do something a bit cheaper for the fans and I'd rather my money went to them!
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Hobo wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: It's one big con. What exactly is a booking fee? Surely all costs should be covered by ticket price. It certainly doesn't cost pounds to send tickets through the post and why is it not a single price independant of the number of tickets? :evil:
It's easy money isn't it. Surely Eastgate could do something a bit cheaper for the fans and I'd rather my money went to them!
I suspect that it's something that the bands are powerless to do anything about. If they don't put up with it then they don't get to play. Look at all the trouble Pearl Jam got into when they took on Ticketmaster .....and lost.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

I didn't pay them £2 just to post it to me. It was so easy to collect it there. :)
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
24db

Post by 24db »

Care of the Hungarian fans:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whlsC29Qx4U
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:Care of the Hungarian fans:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whlsC29Qx4U

Some excellent clips he has put up there :D