PARIS Le Trianon May 22th

la sagesse du destin
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

PARIS Le Trianon May 22th

Post by la sagesse du destin »

Some hours before the show, I'm very excting!

Charles
Infinite thanks to all the peoples from Eastgate and TD for the Japan Raffle.
www.tangram-dream.fr
TDludo

Re: PARIS Le Trianon May 22th

Post by TDludo »

See you there, Charles ! :wink: :)
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
fgourlot

Post by fgourlot »

Tonight, more than 826 people will be present for the "Le Trianon" !!!!.

Le Trianon is a very beautiful theater built in 1894. :D
François from Paris
Force Maysuere

Post by Force Maysuere »

All those going to Le Trianon tonight - enjoy the concert, my turn tomorrow at SBE, cant wait!
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

Just back from the concert, I'd like to share some thoughts.

Firstly, the weird things... There was some technical problem before the curtains opened : we heard sounds of waves, rain and thunder, but they stopped suddenly (three times !). We supposed (much later) that these sounds should have been followed by Phaedra... but a different track began after the curtains opened. As Thorsten said during the "meet and greet" : "A Phaedra Farewell Tour without Phaedra, that's quite strange". I presume you will hear this track in London (and the other cities).
There were no encores, I'm not sure why (maybe a curfew at Le Trianon). So I guess the concert was around 2,5 hours long (counting the intermission).

Globally a very good sound (but low frequencies were too loud in some parts IMHO). Very nice multicolor lights, nice abstract images on the back screen, some smoke, a little bit of stroboscope... That was visually great IMHO.
The tracklist was in parts quite "usual" and in parts quite surprising (I won't spoil that). And the order of the tracks surprised me too. All in all, very good, but that would have been even better with encores and another track before (so 20 or 30 minutes longer).
The beginning of the second part of the concert was quite interesting : Iris was masked, disguised and slowly dancing (and Hoshiko was masked too).

The new cupdisc is titled "Josephine the Mouse Singer" (32 minutes and 47 seconds, 5 tracks, based on Kafka's story).
And there's a nice Phaedra Farewell Tour program : more than 40 pages with many, many pictures from 1967 to 2014.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

TDludo wrote:Just back from the concert, I'd like to share some thoughts.

Firstly, the weird things... There was some technical problem before the curtains opened : we heard sounds of waves, rain and thunder, but they stopped suddenly (three times !). We supposed (much later) that these sounds should have been followed by Phaedra... but a different track began after the curtains opened. As Thorsten said during the "meet and greet" : "A Phaedra Farewell Tour without Phaedra, that's quite strange". I presume you will hear this track in London (and the other cities).
There were no encores, I'm not sure why (maybe a curfew at Le Trianon). So I guess the concert was around 2,5 hours long (counting the intermission).

Globally a very good sound (but low frequencies were too loud in some parts IMHO). Very nice multicolor lights, nice abstract images on the back screen, some smoke, a little bit of stroboscope... That was visually great IMHO.
The tracklist was in parts quite "usual" and in parts quite surprising (I won't spoil that). And the order of the tracks surprised me too. All in all, very good, but that would have been even better with encores and another track before (so 20 or 30 minutes longer).
The beginning of the second part of the concert was quite interesting : Iris was masked, disguised and slowly dancing (and Hoshiko was masked too).

The new cupdisc is titled "Josephine the Mouse Singer" (32 minutes and 47 seconds, 5 tracks, based on Kafka's story).
And there's a nice Phaedra Farewell Tour program : more than 40 pages with many, many pictures from 1967 to 2014.
Hi
thanks for this brief information ! Excited for tonight's show. Just for budgeting purposes, how much was the cup disc and the programme ?
Were there any t-shirts available and do you remember any prices. Also any hats/caps/badges ?
Sorry for so many questions :)
Send me a pm if you prefer..
La force du courage
Location: Herblay (about 25 km northwest of Lutèce, capital of France)

Post by La force du courage »

I agree totally to TDludo's opinion. The Paris concert was great but the sound was sometimes too loud (my seat was on left on third row) and it was sad to have no any encores and Phaedra. However, I'm listening to the new cupdisc and you have to get it, it's wonderful ! I'm glad to have seen you again Ludovic and Charles.
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:Hi
thanks for this brief information ! Excited for tonight's show. Just for budgeting purposes, how much was the cup disc and the programme ?
Were there any t-shirts available and do you remember any prices. Also any hats/caps/badges ?
Sorry for so many questions :)
Send me a pm if you prefer..
No problem, I have some answers to your questions ! :)

Prices were : 10 euros for the Cupdisc and 12 euros for the programme.
There were several t-shirts available (the new ones and more) but I didn't see the prices. Check that on Eastgate shop !
I didn't see any hats/caps/badges, nor DVD's (a little bit strange).
But there were many CD's (Tangerine Dream, Picture Palace Music, Iris Camaa, maybe more).

Don't forget to show your TDOC card, if you own one... And have a great London gig ! :wink:
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

La force du courage wrote:I agree totally to TDludo's opinion. The Paris concert was great but the sound was sometimes too loud (my seat was on left on third row) and it was sad to have no any encores and Phaedra. However, I'm listening to the new cupdisc and you have to get it, it's wonderful ! I'm glad to have seen you again Ludovic and Charles.
Thank you ! Same thing : it was nice to meet you and Charles once again... :wink: Are you safely back home now ?
A Tangerine Dream concert is always a very emotional experience, and I always find it too short.

As I said after the show, I had to walk about 35 minutes to get home, but that was nice.
I listened to the cupdisc almost immediately ! I find it very good indeed. I was surprised by the last track... And you ? :?:
La force du courage
Location: Herblay (about 25 km northwest of Lutèce, capital of France)

Post by La force du courage »

Yes TDludo, I went back at home in one piece on Friday morning, but with a million of stars in my eyes ! :)

You're right, the last title of the new cupdisc is different of the others, a kind of new "classical" music ! Maybe a new direction for TD in the future ! :?:
fabphill

Post by fabphill »

Hi everybody, this is my first post, back from the Trianon concert (some 40 years after having seen TD live at the festival d'Orange, in August 75, I was 14 years old then, with my older brothers who was 20!).
Now, I have been amazed by the energy and the quality of the show (except the minor technical problem before it).
I would like to know if someone would be able to post the setlist of that parisian night. I thank you in advance, cheers Philippe.
PS: if you do not want t spoil the surprise for the next shows, maybe you could post the setlist here:
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tangerine ... 090e8.html
td fan

Post by td fan »

fabphill wrote:Hi everybody, this is my first post, back from the Trianon concert (some 40 years after having seen TD live at the festival d'Orange, in August 75, I was 14 years old then, with my older brothers who was 20!).
Now, I have been amazed by the energy and the quality of the show (except the minor technical problem before it).

"Sleeping Watches Snoring In Silence" sounds great on youtube. Very live :) But "White Eagle" sounds the same as in Budapest two years ago, too bad, TD should change a little that lead violin sound as to be closer to original version.

French friends, can you please describe other tracks? Were pauses between track short as usual? I would like longer pauses as we can applaud longer and be more in touch with band..

I hope you had a great time, can't wait for Berlin show :)
fabphill

Post by fabphill »

Hi td fans, pause were very short between the tracks played but we had a 20mn intermission after, around, a big hour of the show. So it was a 2 parts show, with no encore, sadly. Very nice light show. Having said that, it was a good 2h30 show, including the intermission.
fabphill

Post by fabphill »

I think that the last two tracks were "Marmontel Riding On a Clef" and "Trauma".
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

fabphill wrote:I think that the last two tracks were "Marmontel Riding On a Clef" and "Trauma".
Yes, I think you're right, fabphill. Other tracks I can remember now :

- "Odd Welcome" (from The Castle) was the first track of the concert (we know that should have been Phaedra)
- "Josephine the Mouse Singer" (from the new cupdisc) was the first track of the second part
- "Sleeping Watches snoring in Silence"
- "Sphinx Lightning" (maybe the longest of the concert)
- "Hermaphrodite"
- "Horizon"
- "Song of the Whale" (part one, I think)
- "White Eagle"
- "Oriental Haze"
- Something from Melrose (I think it was "Three Bikes in the Sky", but I'm not sure)
- "Story of the Brave" ? (not sure)
- "Valley of the Kings" ? (not sure)
- Two tracks from Sorcerer 2014 ("Search" and "Sorcerer Theme", I think)
- One track from GTA 5 (maybe "Downtown Los Santos" ?)

And I must forget some tracks...