"MEET & GREET" WITH THE BAND AFTER THE SHOWS....TOUR 2014

GlynRichards
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: "MEET & GREET" WITH THE BAND AFTER THE SHOWS....TOUR 201

Post by GlynRichards »

Well, I suppose going back to Dave's original question:
What happens when you can't afford to join due to no job?
I suppose the sad and truthful answer is that you don't go. Which I believe is all Invsims (and EB for that matter) was trying to point out.

I have massive gaps in most of my windows in the house, I don't have the money to replace them and coming up to winter it ain't going to be pleasant. My last car I had to run until 180,000 miles because I didn't have the money to replace it either. I could go on.

I (wife enforced to be fair) have a strict policy that if I can't afford it, I don't have/do it. Simple as that really. But that's our choice.

And I think I'm the last person in Norfolk to still have a CRT TV in the lounge! :oops:

I think everyone needs to chill! :wink:
public class Geeks : IEarth { }
ant

Post by ant »

:) As the late Michael Winner would say - "Calm Down Dear"!!

It is a shame that sometimes there are things we cannot afford to have or do but unfortunately that's life. We cannot expect TD to make everything available to everyone for nothing. I'd love to have a £200,000 Ferrari but that is never going to happen and I don't expect if I wrote a 'sob story' letter to them they would offer to send me one for nothing. That I am afraid is not reality. Just think of all the great TD music and concerts we have had over the past 43 years and think how lucky we have been. To me, if I can just get to the concert but am unable to afford to join the TDOC and see them after the show then so be it - at least I will have seen the band on their last full tour. What more could you want?? There are people around the globe that have real poverty - I wonder if they ever complain!! Keep Dreaming. :D
Biggus Dickus
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

ant wrote::) As the late Michael Winner would say - "Calm Down Dear"!!

It is a shame that sometimes there are things we cannot afford to have or do but unfortunately that's life. We cannot expect TD to make everything available to everyone for nothing. I'd love to have a £200,000 Ferrari but that is never going to happen and I don't expect if I wrote a 'sob story' letter to them they would offer to send me one for nothing. That I am afraid is not reality. Just think of all the great TD music and concerts we have had over the past 43 years and think how lucky we have been. To me, if I can just get to the concert but am unable to afford to join the TDOC and see them after the show then so be it - at least I will have seen the band on their last full tour. What more could you want?? There are people around the globe that have real poverty - I wonder if they ever complain!! Keep Dreaming. :D
Well said dude, I'd already thought about the car analogy, although I set my sights higher on a Bugatti.

I think your message really sums up what I meant, and in some small part what Invsims and EB meant. I think.

As my wife keeps telling me, "Life's about choices and priorities". 8)

Everybody :D
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Well. this should make for an interesting meet & greet ;)
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

If you go to multiple concerts, will there be multiple "gifts"???
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

GlynRichards wrote:If you go to multiple concerts, will there be multiple "gifts"???
Good question... but I guess it won't be that way ! :wink:
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

That would be frustrating if there was something different at each gig, but I think this would be too much work for them. So, presumably the same gift for all the gigs.

I vote for the book!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I would be happy with a kiss from Edgar :P :D :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

I'd be happy with a kiss from the three girls.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

GlynRichards wrote:I'd be happy with a kiss from the three girls.
I'd be happy with a kiss from anyone.. :wink:
La force du courage
Location: Herblay (about 25 km northwest of Lutèce, capital of France)

Post by La force du courage »

In 2010, at the Olympia in Paris, I was able to meet and greet TD only because I knew Olivier, the cook who had prepared their dinner. Those who had only their fanclub card could not enter. I hope this time in Paris at Le Trianon, any fan with his card can meet, greet his favorite band and, of course, get the gift!
Thomas Mc Nulty

Post by Thomas Mc Nulty »

10:30 finish for the London concert then. With respect, and I hope this isn't small minded, I hope the meet & greet is fairly sharpish after the gig. This is only my second meet & greet and I have tube to Grange Hill to worry about Looking forward all the same to the gig. SBE in June 2001 was my very first gig after twenty years of cassettes, some vinyl then CDs. Off to Munich the next day so I will have time for meet and greet after that gig. PS : The 1125 Ryanair flight STN to Munich West has one intending passenger. Do I have any companions?