A few thoughts on the last tour

harmonicaman
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

A few thoughts on the last tour

Post by harmonicaman »

I think I'd like to see the last show of the tour being in London. I think it would be fitting.

I first saw TD at York Minster and I'm in my 50's now and as the old saying goes All Good Things come to an end. I doubt anyone is suprised by this announcement.

I'll attend the London show and the last show oif the tour if its somewhere else, as well as doing a german leg. At the moment we're favouring Offenbach, Cologne Munich and Berlin as a bit of a road trip. It'll stir up some good memories.

I've been very lucky in that being a fan of TD my situation, being in the British Army, and a stroke of amazing good fortune with postings lead me to be in countries TD were playing at the time. Australia in 82 - then came home in time for the Falklands, US in 86 - Germany throughout the 80's, ditto for many countries in Europe of the same period that I travelled to from Germany when I put in leave to go see TD, not forgetting Japan 83, US in 92.

I dare say the last show will be a sad affair for folk like yours truly.

Heres to EF, hope you have a long and very comfortable retirement, and when the urge to sit and record hits - I'll be waiting for a listen.

Thanks for the music, the memories, the trips, the experiences, the sights and the miles covered in my pursuit of the creature that was TD playing live.

Its been a great ride.

Many Thanks

Mark.
ant

Re: A few thoughts on the last tour

Post by ant »

:) Mark

The London gig is on 23rd May 2014 so will not be at the end of the tour. Also, although this is the end of them touring they will still be doing the 'one-off' gigs so hopefully London will see TD again after next year. If you remember TD only did 'one-off' gigs for quite a few years and it is only in the last few years they started doing 'tours' again. They have obviously decided the longer tours are no longer viable. As long as they still do the odd one in London I will be more than happy and we will still have more CD's to look forward to. The 'Dream' is far from over. :D
Biggus Dickus