Hotel & Fan meet for Cologne, Germany June 1, 2014 conce

tdream4ever
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Hotel & Fan meet for Cologne, Germany June 1, 2014 conce

Post by tdream4ever »

I'm sorry for posting this so early. But I would like to start this now for all those whose going to the Cologne gig next year. I've never been to Cologne, but I have been looking for hotels in the city and near the venue. Also if anybody whose from there or has been there if you know of a place for a pre concert fan meet? Preferably near the venue also. I know we have 10 months before this historical concert. So we can post hotels and offer any advice of the city would be nice. Thank you.
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
EDWEIRDO

Re: Hotel & Fan meet for Cologne, Germany June 1, 2014 c

Post by EDWEIRDO »

tdream4ever wrote:I'm sorry for posting this so early. But I would like to start this now for all those whose going to the Cologne gig next year. I've never been to Cologne, but I have been looking for hotels in the city and near the venue. Also if anybody whose from there or has been there if you know of a place for a pre concert fan meet? Preferably near the venue also. I know we have 10 months before this historical concert. So we can post hotels and offer any advice of the city would be nice. Thank you.
As far as a fan meet is concerned, how about:

http://www.barneyvallelys.com/

:?: :roll: :wink:
redziller

Re: Hotel & Fan meet for Cologne, Germany June 1, 2014 c

Post by redziller »

tdream4ever wrote:I'm sorry for posting this so early... .
First round on you? :wink:
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
krismopompas

Re: Hotel & Fan meet for Cologne, Germany June 1, 2014 conce

Post by krismopompas »

http://www.koeln.de/gastro/eintrag/3120 ... r-bahnhof/

maybe 500m away from the tanzbrunnen ...... it´s in a trainstation... nice location with outdoor "biergarten"
time is the fire in which we burn (zoran)
Metaphor

Post by Metaphor »

Deutzer Bahnhof sounds good. Short distance to the Tanzbrunnen. Any news about a pre-meeting? I will be there with two more guys.
Being a TD-fan for 35 years - a long time and many memories to share!
GaryNovaScotia

Post by GaryNovaScotia »

As someone coming over from Canada to see the TD show in Koln, I don't understand an Irish pub in Germany that barely provides any German site. I for one want to feel the most "real" German experience as one can. Would this be the train station pub? Can we set this now?

By the way, what does a good beer cost in Germany in Euro, for budgeting purposes?
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

GaryNovaScotia wrote:As someone coming over from Canada to see the TD show in Koln, I don't understand an Irish pub in Germany that barely provides any German site. I for one want to feel the most "real" German experience as one can. Would this be the train station pub? Can we set this now?

By the way, what does a good beer cost in Germany in Euro, for budgeting purposes?
Yeah, it's a bit odd going to an Irish pub when you're visiting Germany, but that's what some people would rather do....

maybe one of the German fans on here can give some better idea of a place to go for the traditional German-style beer-haus.

I'm only going to the London concert.
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

Plenty of the traditional street bars all over Germany. A stein of beer will cost about 4.5 euros. German beer is of the highest quality. I'm headed for Berlin, so, Berliner and Paulaner will be high on my beer menu. :wink:
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

prophetfive wrote:Plenty of the traditional street bars all over Germany. A stein of beer will cost about 4.5 euros. German beer is of the highest quality. I'm headed for Berlin, so, Berliner and Paulaner will be high on my beer menu. :wink:
If anybody here knows of a good brewpub with german beer near the venue (Cologne) then I think we should meet up there before the gig. This is for the June 1 show. will start looking online soon, but if anybody already know about a place then feel free for inputs. Also for Berlin and Frankfurt. I think I will have enough time for a beer or three.
Cheers.
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

prophetfive wrote:Plenty of the traditional street bars all over Germany. A stein of beer will cost about 4.5 euros. German beer is of the highest quality. I'm headed for Berlin, so, Berliner and Paulaner will be high on my beer menu. :wink:
If anybody here knows of a good brewpub with german beer near the venue (Cologne) then I think we should meet up there before the gig. This is for the June 1 show. will start looking online soon, but if anybody already know about a place then feel free for inputs. Also for Berlin and Frankfurt. I think I will have enough time for a beer or three.
Cheers.

Maybe this is a good starting point. http://www.europeanbeerguide.net/kolnpubs.htm
Metaphor

Post by Metaphor »

Problem is, the Tanzbrunnen is on the other side of the Rhine. So it´ll take you a few minutes to change from the great breweries on the one side to the venue on the other side. But there is a great "beach-club" right by the Tanzbrunnen http://km689.rhein-terrassen.de. Re-Opening is on 1th of june. You´ll have a great look onto the Cologne Dome and the inner city from there. It´ll be great if weather is fine.
The cologne beer is famous but quite expensive. It´s a mild one and it is served in small thin glasses looking like a test tube :O)

Anyone will join in at the km689? (by the way, km689 stands for Rhine-Kilometer 689)

NP: Klaus Schulze - La Vie Electronique 13, CD 3
Being a TD-fan for 35 years - a long time and many memories to share!
krismopompas

Post by krismopompas »

there are a few "koelsch brauhaeuser" (frueh or peters) at the other side of the rhine near the dome and central station maybe 15min away from tanzbrunnen by walking .... you just need to go over the "hohenzollern bridge" into the "altstadt". .... the beach club only makes sense if fhe sun is shining (afaik no indoor posibilities)

price for cologne's beer, calling "Koelsch", is around 2,20 euros for 0,2 liters.

would be nice to meet some of you in my hometown .... tell me your choice ..... brauhaus or restaurant/biergarten in the deutzer trainstation?
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

krismopompas wrote:there are a few "koelsch brauhaeuser" (frueh or peters) at the other side of the rhine near the dome and central station maybe 15min away from tanzbrunnen by walking .... you just need to go over the "hohenzollern bridge" into the "altstadt". .... the beach club only makes sense if fhe sun is shining (afaik no indoor posibilities)

price for cologne's beer, calling "Koelsch", is around 2,20 euros for 0,2 liters.

would be nice to meet some of you in my hometown .... tell me your choice ..... brauhaus or restaurant/biergarten in the deutzer trainstation?
Is there any beer pubs in that area that have a selection of Cologne beers and craft beers? Or even Belgian beers?
krismopompas

Post by krismopompas »

tdream4ever wrote:
krismopompas wrote:there are a few "koelsch brauhaeuser" (frueh or peters) at the other side of the rhine near the dome and central station maybe 15min away from tanzbrunnen by walking .... you just need to go over the "hohenzollern bridge" into the "altstadt". .... the beach club only makes sense if fhe sun is shining (afaik no indoor posibilities)

Is there any beer pubs in that area that have a selection of Cologne beers and craft beers? Or even Belgian beers?
:lol: :shock: ..... normaly every pub, restaurant or bar have a contract with one koelschbrewery ...... and besides of this, you´re in cologne (koeln) where you drink "koelsch", the special colognish beer in typical koelschglases called "stangen" (0,2 l) ...... if you visit the toscana, are you drinking bordeaux or portwine??? :wink:

this 2 brauhaeuser are around 15-20min by walking away from tanzbrunnen:

http://www.frueh.de/default.asp

http://www.peters-koelsch.info/peters-brauhaus.html
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

krismopompas wrote:
tdream4ever wrote:

:lol: :shock: ..... normaly every pub, restaurant or bar have a contract with one koelschbrewery ...... and besides of this, you´re in cologne (koeln) where you drink "koelsch", the special colognish beer in typical koelschglases called "stangen" (0,2 l) ...... if you visit the toscana, are you drinking bordeaux or portwine??? :wink:

this 2 brauhaeuser are around 15-20min by walking away from tanzbrunnen:

http://www.frueh.de/default.asp

http://www.peters-koelsch.info/peters-brauhaus.html
http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1450/

I don't think I have had Kolsch-style beer before. This will be my first time to Cologne. But am looking forward to trying this style beer. I love beer. I home brew my own beer. I am from California and we out here drink micro craft beers. And my style is hoppy to very hoppy west coast IPA's. I do like dark beers also. Stouts & porters. Do they have any dark style beers? Just wondering. Thank you for sharing your info. Yes, anyplace close to the venue would be nice. I already except to pay higher price in germany. I was spoiled in 2012 when I visited Budapest. Very cheap $.