IMPORTANT MESSAGE - CRUISE TO THE EDGE - TD cancelled!

epsilon75
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by epsilon75 »

Insvims wrote:One day before departure to Florida and Cruise to the Edge I want to give my sincere thanks to Tangerine Dream and their staff for making this journey possible for us.

We are still very saddened by the fact that Tangerine Dream could not perform on the cruise, and we want to give our best wishes to Edgar Froese for a quick and healthy recovery. He has a lot more music to make, and we are all here waiting for his return. Please give our regards to Edgar and the rest of the band. We will do our very best to catch the band at concerts later in the year, or next year.

Again, thanks to Tangerine Dream for this opportunity. We will enjoy all the great bands, although the greatest of them all will be missed on this cruise. Hope Tangerine Dream can play on the next cruise.

Well... now we are soon off to Florida to catch the ship.

Humble regards from,

Thomas & Ingunn
Have a good journey,and an equally good time guys. 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

Insvims wrote:One day before departure to Florida and Cruise to the Edge I want to give my sincere thanks to Tangerine Dream and their staff for making this journey possible for us.

We are still very saddened by the fact that Tangerine Dream could not perform on the cruise, and we want to give our best wishes to Edgar Froese for a quick and healthy recovery. He has a lot more music to make, and we are all here waiting for his return. Please give our regards to Edgar and the rest of the band. We will do our very best to catch the band at concerts later in the year, or next year.

Again, thanks to Tangerine Dream for this opportunity. We will enjoy all the great bands, although the greatest of them all will be missed on this cruise. Hope Tangerine Dream can play on the next cruise.

Well... now we are soon off to Florida to catch the ship.

Humble regards from,

Thomas & Ingunn
Bon Voyage. Have a great time cruisin' Dont feed the fish.
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
Marc M

Post by Marc M »

I'm coming "after the battle" as I had to read the newsletter to know what happened. :(
Really bad luck for Edgar and this must be very painful and annoying to break one's jaw, really....
We don't know what Linda had to deal with but I wish them both a quick recovery anyway, and hopefully Thomas and his wife will have a nice time anyway, on this cruise that would have been a dream for me to attend... I couldn't have anyway but I guess some people who booked it (certainly at a very expensive price) must be very disappointed.
I don't often see people liking 70's prog rock giants like Yes and Genesis and also TD (I do and so many other musicians... eclectism is the salt of life !) but some of them might well have loved all the bands in this fairly unusual cruise and now they won't get all what they expected.

Anyway, best wishes again to Linda and Edgar.
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

Marc M wrote:I'm coming "after the battle" as I had to read the newsletter to know what happened. :(
Really bad luck for Edgar and this must be very painful and annoying to break one's jaw, really....
We don't know what Linda had to deal with but I wish them both a quick recovery anyway, and hopefully Thomas and his wife will have a nice time anyway, on this cruise that would have been a dream for me to attend... I couldn't have anyway but I guess some people who booked it (certainly at a very expensive price) must be very disappointed.
I don't often see people liking 70's prog rock giants like Yes and Genesis and also TD (I do and so many other musicians... eclectism is the salt of life !) but some of them might well have loved all the bands in this fairly unusual cruise and now they won't get all what they expected.

Anyway, best wishes again to Linda and Edgar.
Latest news of Linda is that she is recovering from some sort of disease.
Edgar is out of the hospital and recovering as well. Dreamtime will return soon.
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
la sagesse du destin

Post by la sagesse du destin »

It's really good to read better news of Edgar and Linda.

Charles
Infinite thanks to all the peoples from Eastgate and TD for the Japan Raffle.
www.tangram-dream.fr
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

So, here is a few words after the cruise.

We had a wonderful time, and thanks again to Tangerine Dream for making it possible. There were lot's of great concerts. Highlights: Yes, Steve Hackett, UK, IOEarth and the wonderful Glass Hammer.

On our first day at the cruise we got the terrible news that Jim Crichton of Saga had lost his son a couple of days before the cruise. Saga were also forced to cancel. Then my two favorite acts on the cruise were cancelled, but our thoughts were with Jim and the Saga family. Michael Sadler and Mike Thorne of Saga were on the cruise, but Saga played no concerts.

Still, the other concerts were amazing, and we had a wonderful time. We also loved the exotic locatons of Ocho Rios (were we were on excursion with Roger Dean!) and The Cayman Islands.

It was nice to see several fans wearing TD t-shirts on the cruise. Knights of Asheville was sold in the merch store. And as you can see, TD was still on the cruise banner.

Hope TD will be invited for MSC's next cruise, for it really is a special and great event!