US 1988 tour

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

exit81 wrote:Ralf Wadepul was at the Brandenburg shows in 2005, bit I didn't recognise him until Conrad told me. It's been 17 years since we all saw him with TD, and he hasn't changed 'that' much, just didn't expect him to be there! :shock:
I wonder if there's a chance he'll do some recording with Edgar again? I thought Blue Dawn was excellent
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

I wonder if there will be DVD release of a 1988 TD concert and another album with Raph Wadphal and Edgar again? I love Blue Dawn aswell.... and what about Sun Gate... it's a beauty.
Last edited by Desert_Voyager on Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
24db

Post by 24db »

Desert_Voyager wrote:I wonder if there will be DVD release of a 1988 TD concert and another album with Raph Wadphal and Edgar again? I love Blue Dawn aswell.
I very much doubt whether they'll be a DVD of the 1988 tour, another album? never say never :) For me the stand out sound on BD was Edgar's guitar, the soul of TD
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:I wonder if there will be DVD release of a 1988 TD concert and another album with Raph Wadphal and Edgar again? I love Blue Dawn aswell.
I very much doubt whether they'll be a DVD of the 1988 tour, another album? never say never :) For me the stand out sound on BD was Edgar's guitar, the soul of TD
There was a clip of the 1988 TD tour on the old TD site which looked pretty cool. If they've got enough for a DVD I wouldn't mind seeing it.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

24db wrote:
The highlight of the second half of the Astoria cocnert was when Edgar played guitar in Sphinx Lightning.... very moving.
Last edited by Desert_Voyager on Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote:
There was a clip of the 1988 TD tour on the old TD site which looked pretty cool. If they've got enough for a DVD I wouldn't mind seeing it.
I wouldn't say no to a DVD compilation of the highlights of the concerts over the recent years 8)
Last edited by Desert_Voyager on Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
redziller

Post by redziller »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote: I very much doubt whether they'll be a DVD of the 1988 tour, another album? never say never :) For me the stand out sound on BD was Edgar's guitar, the soul of TD
I wouldn't say no to a DVD compilation of the highlights of the concerts over the recent years 8)
v cool notion
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
24db

Post by 24db »

redziller wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: There was a clip of the 1988 TD tour on the old TD site which looked pretty cool. If they've got enough for a DVD I wouldn't mind seeing it.
v cool notion
1988-2007 for obvious reasons
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

24db wrote:
redziller wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote: I wouldn't say no to a DVD compilation of the highlights of the concerts over the recent years 8)
v cool notion
1988-2007 for obvious reasons
Yes mate, that would be excellent.
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
rattymouse wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote: The difference now is that certain forums are dominated by a few "fans" (people with something to sell, usually sour grapes) who like two or three TD records from about thirty years or more ago.... and they think they are sooooooo superior.
So it's the forums that brought down TD's popularity? Facinating.
You can make this connection if you want to, I certainly don't.
As I said before, I can't imagine Jean Michel Jarre, Vangelis, Kraftwerk or Klaus Schulze trying to book a hall for 20,000 people either. How about Redshift? :wink:
Kraftwerk's last show (a year or so ago) in Chicago played a 3,000 seat theatre. But the tickets were damn hard to get. I lost out and couldnt go. They could have played a larger venue.
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

I'm still out of touch, but does JMJ still do those outdoor events? I've read he composes specifically for them these days...

it must be hard for a band coming down from those highs of the past but let's be honest, TD are not alone in this and it must be gratifying for them to see the regulars in the audience really appreciating their efforts.

As for a minority who like two or three records from thirty years ago - I hope it isn't the likes of me being pigeon-holed. I do like their records from twenty years ago as well :D and their latest work too..........

As for Redshift, they seem more like an occasional band, with most of their earlier music unavailable. I have no idea of Mark's career outside of EM. but I get the impression that the Redshift project is really a vehicle for him to use the Big Moog live (and, I suspect, to maintain its restoration and upkeep...) as well as please fans of that era of music making...
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Desert_Voyager wrote:I wonder if there will be DVD release of a 1988 TD concert and another album with Raph Wadphal and Edgar again? I love Blue Dawn aswell.... and what about Sun Gate... it's a beauty.
Yes must admit Blue Dawn is a really excellent listen :D 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.