Yes Jerome, Dante's dead; but Long Live the King!

timer
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by timer »

I think this topic may have run its course !.
24db

Post by 24db »

timer wrote:I think this topic may have run its course !.
Waves...goodnight ;)
planetdalek

Post by planetdalek »

There are a lot of topics that have run their course 'timer'. The fact that people respond means that there is still life in the debate. That is what forums are for.

Personally, I would like to know the point in this t-shirt.
timer

Post by timer »

planetdalek wrote:There are a lot of topics that have run their course 'timer'. The fact that people respond means that there is still life in the debate. That is what forums are for.

Personally, I would like to know the point in this t-shirt.
I have no problem for you to carry on this debate, but Id suggest contacting Jerome directly though his myspace site, he is usually very receptive to questions being asked.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

epsilon75 wrote:
planetdalek wrote:I won't be going to see Jerome. Jerome is not Tangerine Dream and never will be in my opinion. In fact the more I think of this t-shirt the less likely I will bother to listen to his music!
I wont be letting the T/shirt put me off whatsoever..........i think its just a joke that people have taken the wrong way............As far as Jerome not being TD that is true.............but when you look how much he put into this band over a 16 year period,composition wise he was a huge part of Tangerine Dream from 1990 onward :arrow:
Well put Colin. The shirt was a bit of a joke that has back-fired. I think that Jerome's input into TD in his time with the band, has been phenominal, you only have to look at the list of tracks he's written. I loved Neptunes, it shows genuine maturity and a willingness to step off in a different direction.

I'm one who will be following TD's and Jerome's careers with interest.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

planetdalek wrote:
My original polnt is that Edgar and his band proved last Friday, musically at least, they do not miss Jerome!
I'd agree with that entirely. It seemed strange that there was a synth stand missing at the front, but once the music kicked in, I didn't notice him missing.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

just listening to my new cd copy of rockoon....thanks to fopp

not bad, not at all bad.....sort of dated, but very enjoyable

neptunes :arrow:
...The wise.....are silent.....
Lonely Cowboy

Post by Lonely Cowboy »

Chris Monk wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
planetdalek wrote:I won't be going to see Jerome. Jerome is not Tangerine Dream and never will be in my opinion. In fact the more I think of this t-shirt the less likely I will bother to listen to his music!
I wont be letting the T/shirt put me off whatsoever..........i think its just a joke that people have taken the wrong way............As far as Jerome not being TD that is true.............but when you look how much he put into this band over a 16 year period,composition wise he was a huge part of Tangerine Dream from 1990 onward :arrow:
Well put Colin. The shirt was a bit of a joke that has back-fired. I think that Jerome's input into TD in his time with the band, has been phenominal, you only have to look at the list of tracks he's written. I loved Neptunes, it shows genuine maturity and a willingness to step off in a different direction.

I think it's a bit exaggerated to say "Jerome's input was phenomenal"...his track list shows around 80 titles - many of them are listed twice! - so he had on average an input within 16 years of 5 tracks at best each year! But TD released more than 3 albums per year...Sorry, but again: "Dante is dead, but long live the King!" Edgar is TD. Without doubt.
Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience. OSCAR WILDE
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

bigmoog wrote:just listening to my new cd copy of rockoon....thanks to fopp

How does it sound compared to the first CD release of Rockoon (which sold well in the US) 8)
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

bigmoog wrote:just listening to my new cd copy of rockoon....thanks to fopp

I'm having my first ever listen to Rockoon, now!
Einstein's Barber (ADMIN)

Post by Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) »

planetdalek wrote:I'm not sure how to respond to the above due to the fact I do not want to get into an argument with people of this forum... I would like to go to the next fan greeting, so don't want to kick too many people off :)

However, I would like to say that this t-shirt has pissed me off. I think it was and still is completely unnecessary. Jerome should withdraw it from sale...

My original polnt is that Edgar and his band proved last Friday, musically at least, they do not miss Jerome!
Just a short comment on this: Unfortunately the production of the T-Shirt "Dante is Dead" was a "joke" for Jerome, but definitely not for anybody else....particularly not for EF!

Regards,
Einstein's Barber
Last edited by Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) on Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. ALBERT EINSTEIN
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) wrote:
planetdalek wrote:I'm not sure how to respond to the above due to the fact I do not want to get into an argument with people of this forum... I would like to go to the next fan greeting, so don't want to kick too many people off :)

However, I would like to say that this t-shirt has pissed me off. I think it was and still is completely unnecessary. Jerome should withdraw it from sale...

Just a short comment on this: Unfortunately the production of the T-Shirt "Dante is Dead" was a "joke" for Jerome, but definitely not for anybody else....particularly not for EF!

Regards,
Einstein's Barber
Good to see you back EB! Don't be too sure that the joke was only appreciated by Jerome, I certainly saw the irony. BTW, just a quick point about T-shirts. I've never been "small" and as the years pass, I appear to be spreading (this may also be the case for one or two other long time fans). With this in mind would it be possible to start producing shirts in XXL.

Many thanks.

Mick
planetdalek

Post by planetdalek »

Regards,
Einstein's Barber
I rest my case, we now have an official reply. Jerome I am sure you read this forum, please withdraw the t-shirts from sale.
24db

Post by 24db »

Regards,
Einstein's Barber
Cheers EB, can we put the story to bed about these daft t-shirts now?
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Lonely Cowboy wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
epsilon75 wrote: I wont be letting the T/shirt put me off whatsoever..........i think its just a joke that people have taken the wrong way............As far as Jerome not being TD that is true.............but when you look how much he put into this band over a 16 year period,composition wise he was a huge part of Tangerine Dream from 1990 onward :arrow:

I think it's a bit exaggerated to say "Jerome's input was phenomenal"...his track list shows around 80 titles - many of them are listed twice! - so he had on average an input within 16 years of 5 tracks at best each year! But TD released more than 3 albums per year...Sorry, but again: "Dante is dead, but long live the King!" Edgar is TD. Without doubt.

If you think i have any doubt's on Edgar Froese's standing in Tangerine Dream just ask the people who know me and im sure they will fill you in on the subject..........Edgar Froese is and always will be my favorite musician,he may not like me saying this but he is a huge musical hero of mine and a Genial figure unto me..........i was just pointing out(fairly) IMHO that Jerome was a very BIG part of TD from 1990 onward,i think to suggest otherwise would be truly unfair IMHO............Edgar Froese has always been the TD mainman to me.........it will be a very sad day indeed when that ends....but the fond memories of Edgar will never cease to stimulate my musical mind..........Long Live Edgar and TD 8) :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.