Yes Jerome, Dante's dead; but Long Live the King!

Hobo
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Hobo »

planetdalek wrote:I won't be going to see Jerome. Jerome is not Tangerine Dream and never will be in my opinion. In fact the more I think of this t-shirt the less likely I will bother to listen to his music!
Entirely your choice. I'm not a big fan of Neptunes, but it has some very good moments. If he can build on those, I'll be following his progress keenly, if not......
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
24db

Post by 24db »

planetdalek wrote:I won't be going to see Jerome. Jerome is not Tangerine Dream and never will be in my opinion. In fact the more I think of this t-shirt the less likely I will bother to listen to his music!
Jerome doesn't want to be TD, infact he says it on the SBE DVD bonus disc...it's too associated with Edgar. Which means TD will end
timer

Post by timer »

Hobo wrote:
Entirely your choice. I'm not a big fan of Neptunes, but it has some very good moments. If he can build on those, I'll be following his progress keenly, if not......
Have you heard the latest JF EP Mick ? I was stunned ! Much better than Neptunes, even though I liked it anyway.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I wont be letting the T/shirt put me off whatsoever..........i think its just a joke that people have taken the wrong way............As far as Jerome not being TD that is true.............but when you look how much he put into this band over a 16 year period,composition wise he was a huge part of Tangerine Dream from 1990 onward :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
timer

Post by timer »

epsilon75 wrote:
I wont be letting the T/shirt put me off whatsoever..........i think its just a joke that people have taken the wrong way............As far as Jerome not being TD that is true.............but when you look how much he put into this band over a 16 year period,composition wise he was a huge part of Tangerine Dream from 1990 onward :arrow:
Well said Colin, Jerome has and continue's to develop his own unique style which at present gets better with each recording he does IMO.
If people are going to be put off a MUSIC artist because of the merchandise isn't correct ,quite frankly I feel very sorry for them, as they will miss out in the long run.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
It's somewaht ironic that all the people who slagged him off in the first place, saying he'd ruined TD, are now bleating that's he's left. In or out of TD Jerome has always been an excellent composer and musician. Like all music it's not to everyone's taste...but then again what is?

As for Neptunes...my joint best album for two years running, the new stuff? can't wait. If anybody wants to have a go at him, ask yourself what have you done recently that so many people enjoyed so much? Music is about enjoying it, nothing more and certainly nothing less.
Janus

Post by Janus »

I love Neptunes and for me personally marked Jerome coming into his own and developing what I think now into an exciting future, dont know about Dante but for me Jerome is definately "alive & kicking"... :D
http://heyzradio.com
For Tim - Always in our thoughts and hearts, the dream remains the same
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

timer wrote:
Hobo wrote:
Have you heard the latest JF EP Mick ? I was stunned ! Much better than Neptunes, even though I liked it anyway.
I have it, but haven't had the opportunity to play it (too much TD to listen to). I'll give it a go later and let you know what I think.
timer

Post by timer »

Hobo wrote:
timer wrote:
Hobo wrote: Entirely your choice. I'm not a big fan of Neptunes, but it has some very good moments. If he can build on those, I'll be following his progress keenly, if not......
I have it, but haven't had the opportunity to play it (too much TD to listen to). I'll give it a go later and let you know what I think.
Yes your cd stash bag was well bulging on Friday!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

The unreleased tracks are totally superb IMHO :D
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
endorphin

Post by endorphin »

Janus wrote:I love Neptunes and for me personally marked Jerome coming into his own and developing what I think now into an exciting future, dont know about Dante but for me Jerome is definately "alive & kicking"... :D
Hear! Hear! Neptunes is a great album IMO and one which isn't afraid to embrace different styles. I look ahead to Jerome's forthcoming album with eager expectation.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

timer wrote:Yes your cd stash bag was well bulging on Friday!
Cue BM, with some more double entendres!
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

For goodness sake fella's, Jerome NEEDS to get out on his own and develop his own style. I was in my mid thirties before I bought a house of my own to live in (and I DIDN'T take the washing home to Mum either!!!), having tried to live as a lodger for many years previously (damn difficult!).

From where I'm sitting, Jerome has been in the shadow of his father for FAR too long. He obviously doesn't want to be an Edgar clone either (I'm sure Edgar feels the same way too...).

Forgive me JF and EF for summising this, but I bet the loss of his mother hit him very hard (losing mine nearly finished me and I still feel the repercussions thirteen years later).

Give the poor lad some slack and let him show you how his music develops over a few CD's. I love Neptunes very much (I always liked the post Japan David Sylvian and there are many hints of a comparison there)and the samples from the new release sound really good to me (I've ordered the Munchies EP and eagerly await its arrival.

TD will go on, but it's not time by any means for Jerome to take over, if ever he does....
planetdalek

Post by planetdalek »

I'm not sure how to respond to the above due to the fact I do not want to get into an argument with people of this forum... I would like to go to the next fan greeting, so don't want to kick too many people off :)

However, I would like to say that this t-shirt has pissed me off. I think it was and still is completely unnecessary. Jerome should withdraw it from sale...

My original polnt is that Edgar and his band proved last Friday, musically at least, they do not miss Jerome!
rattymouse

Re: Yes Jerome, Dante's dead; but Long Live the King!

Post by rattymouse »

bigmoog wrote:
rattymouse wrote:
Lonely Cowboy wrote: Yes, naughty naughty Jerome, long live the King! Dante is dead, but TD is alive and bringing fresh music - without JF! - great! I really wonder why Jerome produced such nonsense T-shirts by discrediting the enormous work Edgar had with the creation of the Dante trilogy which definitely is an outstanding master piece of music - although not in typical TD style. Watched the Inferno DVD - a true piece of art!
By the way, I enjoyed the concert very much, MFD is a stormer and even my wife became a new fan of TD, so I'm a very happy bunny now!:-))

What tee shirt are you talking about? What did it say?

have look Ratty

http://www.cybersounds.org/index.php?ma ... ex&cPath=5
Hey, thanks for the link. I had not heard of that. Pretty amazing shot at ol' Pop dont you think? I really wonder how this message is supposed to be taken.