Yes Jerome, Dante's dead; but Long Live the King!

planetdalek
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Yes Jerome, Dante's dead; but Long Live the King!

Post by planetdalek »

My 1st TD gig was at Colston Hall in 82 (?) Logos Tour, then a few years later I saw 2 gigs (Bristol & Oxford)... then for various reasons (mostly lack of imformation) I missed out on many concerts until I discovered Tangerine Dream websites. I then went to other Astoria gig and RFH (where I admit to falling asleep at some point).

I then missed the SBE gig (not enough notice), and could not afford to go the Tempodrom...

I found Madcap's Flaming Duty a difficult album to listen to at first. I always thought that Lake of Ponchartrain to be it's strongest track, possibly a commercial single! Howvever, with the exception of The Divorce, I was struggling to get into the rest of the album, but I peservered with it before the show.

My son had put some of the album onto his fone and we were listening to it outside The Astoria, sharing a few comments with a german who seem unimpressed at the prospect of vocals at a TD concert.

Now before the concert I found Chris's voice to be quite annoying to the point that listening to it made me angry. I can't really explain this further...

Well the concert was fantastic. I was right in front of Chris Hausl by the speakers on the stage. A few of us joked that maybe we could disconnect the speakers, so we didn't here the vocals :)

From the moment the concert started I was totally mesmorised by the great Master (don't worry, I was mesmorised by Iris too!). Even when Chris started singing it did not spoil it for me. In fact he was outstanding. It was obvious that the drums were mixed down and that there was an element of pre-reocorded stuff. However, being used to seeing bands who uses synthesizers like Duran Duran and Depeche Mode, I knew the score. Even at the last Mike Oldfield concert I went to there was an element of pre-recorderd material...

I don't concern myself that certain elements of the concert may have been "plays fantastically", "<my-med)" or whatever. The fact is a lot of like minded people were at a venue in front of the Master - Edgar Froese!

(No disrespect to the rest of the current Tangerine Dream line-up.)

"Dante's dead, Long Live the King!"

Thank you Tangerine Dream for a memorable night of excellence!

---

btw- Madcap's Flaming Vocal's is currently my most played CD :)
Lonely Cowboy

Re: Yes Jerome, Dante's dead; but Long Live the King!

Post by Lonely Cowboy »

planetdalek wrote:My 1st TD gig was at Colston Hall in 82 (?) Logos Tour, then a few years later I saw 2 gigs (Bristol & Oxford)... then for various reasons (mostly lack of imformation) I missed out on many concerts until I discovered Tangerine Dream websites. I then went to other Astoria gig and RFH (where I admit to falling asleep at some point).

I then missed the SBE gig (not enough notice), and could not afford to go the Tempodrom...

I found Madcap's Flaming Duty a difficult album to listen to at first. I always thought that Lake of Ponchartrain to be it's strongest track, possibly a commercial single! Howvever, with the exception of The Divorce, I was struggling to get into the rest of the album, but I peservered with it before the show.

My son had put some of the album onto his fone and we were listening to it outside The Astoria, sharing a few comments with a german who seem unimpressed at the prospect of vocals at a TD concert.

Now before the concert I found Chris's voice to be quite annoying to the point that listening to it made me angry. I can't really explain this further...

Well the concert was fantastic. I was right in front of Chris Hausl by the speakers on the stage. A few of us joked that maybe we could disconnect the speakers, so we didn't here the vocals :)

From the moment the concert started I was totally mesmorised by the great Master (don't worry, I was mesmorised by Iris too!). Even when Chris started singing it did not spoil it for me. In fact he was outstanding. It was obvious that the drums were mixed down and that there was an element of pre-reocorded stuff. However, being used to seeing bands who uses synthesizers like Duran Duran and Depeche Mode, I knew the score. Even at the last Mike Oldfield concert I went to there was an element of pre-recorderd material...

I don't concern myself that certain elements of the concert may have been "plays fantastically", "<my-med)" or whatever. The fact is a lot of like minded people were at a venue in front of the Master - Edgar Froese!

---

Yes, naughty naughty Jerome, long live the King! Dante is dead, but TD is alive and bringing fresh music - without JF! - great! I really wonder why Jerome produced such nonsense T-shirts by discrediting the enormous work Edgar had with the creation of the Dante trilogy which definitely is an outstanding master piece of music - although not in typical TD style. Watched the Inferno DVD - a true piece of art!
By the way, I enjoyed the concert very much, MFD is a stormer and even my wife became a new fan of TD, so I'm a very happy bunny now!:-))
Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience. OSCAR WILDE
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

Lonely Cowboy wrote:
planetdalek wrote:My 1st TD gig was at Colston Hall in 82 (?) Logos Tour, then a few years later I saw 2 gigs (Bristol & Oxford)... then for various reasons (mostly lack of imformation) I missed out on many concerts until I discovered Tangerine Dream websites. I then went to other Astoria gig and RFH (where I admit to falling asleep at some point).

---

Yes, naughty naughty Jerome, long live the King! Dante is dead, but TD is alive and bringing fresh music - without JF! - great! I really wonder why Jerome produced such nonsense T-shirts by discrediting the enormous work Edgar had with the creation of the Dante trilogy which definitely is an outstanding master piece of music - although not in typical TD style. Watched the Inferno DVD - a true piece of art!
By the way, I enjoyed the concert very much, MFD is a stormer and even my wife became a new fan of TD, so I'm a very happy bunny now!:-))

What tee shirt are you talking about? What did it say?
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

rattymouse wrote:
Lonely Cowboy wrote:

---

What tee shirt are you talking about? What did it say?

have look Ratty

http://www.cybersounds.org/index.php?ma ... ex&cPath=5
...The wise.....are silent.....
24db

Post by 24db »

Lonely Cowboy wrote:

---

everyoe should read Jerome's comments about the t-shirt 'beofre' putting their own spin on things
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote:
Lonely Cowboy wrote:

---

everyoe should read Jerome's comments about the t-shirt 'beofre' putting their own spin on things
Yeah this is just a Froese family joke, not the malicious sideswipe that some believe it to be.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
planetdalek

Post by planetdalek »

I don't think I am intentionally assuming that it is a 'sideswipe'. However, there is no smoke without fire as they say.
planetdalek

Post by planetdalek »

.. and yes, I read the 'disclaimer'. My own opinion is that the shirt is designed to provoke 'bad feeling', despite what cybersounds claim. That is just MY OWN opinion!
24db

Post by 24db »

planetdalek wrote:.. and yes, I read the 'disclaimer'. My own opinion is that the shirt is designed to provoke 'bad feeling', despite what cybersounds claim. That is just MY OWN opinion!
Best ask Jerome in person next time he plays live.
Btw I didn't see a single person wearing one of those t-shirts on friday
timer

Post by timer »

24db wrote:
planetdalek wrote:.. and yes, I read the 'disclaimer'. My own opinion is that the shirt is designed to provoke 'bad feeling', despite what cybersounds claim. That is just MY OWN opinion!
I saw one of these shirts being worn on Friday, but it was masked under other clothing !
24db

Post by 24db »

timer wrote:
24db wrote:
I saw one of these shirts being worn on Friday, but it was masked under other clothing !
Chicken! ;)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

planetdalek wrote:My 1st TD gig was at Colston Hall in 82 (?) Logos Tour,
Yep. I was at that show. It was a corker. :D
planetdalek

Post by planetdalek »

Last Friday night came close to it , performance wise. I always remember going to see Duran Duran 1st time round. Seen them about 17x since, but you always remember the 1st gig!
timer

Post by timer »

Chris Monk wrote:
planetdalek wrote:My 1st TD gig was at Colston Hall in 82 (?) Logos Tour,
Yep. I was at that show. It was a corker. :D
And me !
planetdalek

Post by planetdalek »

I won't be going to see Jerome. Jerome is not Tangerine Dream and never will be in my opinion. In fact the more I think of this t-shirt the less likely I will bother to listen to his music!