TANGERINE DREAM - MILANO & PADUA

epsilon75
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by epsilon75 »

TDludo wrote:On Iris Facebook, the Padua soundcheck... :)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =3&theater
8)

Hope Charles and the rest of the fans have a most enjoyable evening in Milan 8)
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Just one decent clip at the moment -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20wvxsux ... re=related

Couple of poor quality ones also found - not really that good at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFQ60zMCiR8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39ScLo-semE

And one clip with pictures of Padova itself - what an amazing looking place.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeZmJ8qzEtY
fgourlot

Post by fgourlot »

A new video about the Padova Gig .. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLnQsHPv ... ure=relmfu
François from Paris
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

Looks like some great photo shots from Zed.
http://www.zedlive.com/foto-tangerine-dream-padova/

Also looks like the mercy stall had a little bit more than the Budapest gig.
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

Reviews? Setlist? . . .more youtube videos? anything? I know there had to have been more than the Budapest gig.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

fgourlot wrote:A new video about the Padova Gig .. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLnQsHPv ... ure=relmfu
:D
TD Eye

Post by TD Eye »

Hi guys,

For those of you that are interested in the Milano setlist of last Sunday, here it is. Some very nice surprises!

P.S.: As I am using a very slow internet connection at the time, I prepared this text offline. Hope it goes well with copy and paste ;-) I will try to post a kind of review soon!

Set 1 (85 min):

1. The Sensational Fall of the Master Builder
2. Dolphin Dance
3. The Cliffs of Sydney
4. Song of the Whale, Part II
5. Ayumi's Loom
6. Logos 2011
7. Marmontel Riding on a Clef
8. Oriental Haze
9. Love on a Real Train
10. Underwater Twilight
11. Homeless
12. Going West
13. One Night in Space
14. The Silver Boots Of Bartlett Green

Set 2 (74 min):

1. Ricochet 2012 (> 7 min version, starting with piano part)
2. Hoel Dhat The Alchemist
3. Lady Monk
4. Long Island Sunset
5. The Blue Bridge (duet by Linda and Edgar)
6. Alchemy of the Heart
7. Warsaw in the Sun
8. Horizon (excerpt)
9. Teetering Scales (very special version/duet by Iris and Hoshiko)
10. Transition
11. Das Mädchen auf der Treppe
12. Loved by the Sun
13. Stratosfear '95

Encores:

None!
Edgar explained in his closing words that TD usually gives a couple of encores but that they were not allowed at this place to do it otherwise "they would cut out electricity". During the meet and greet a slightly emotional Edgar made a firm statement, but I don't think it is to me to make that public here.

Edit May 9th: the duet by Edgar and Linda was The Blue Bridge, not Homeless. I corrected this one.
Last edited by TD Eye on Wed May 09, 2012 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Members and non-members only please.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

During the meet and greet a slightly emotional Edgar made a firm statement, but I don't think it is to me to make that public here.
:shock:

More info to follow officially I presume ?
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Thanks for the setlist ! Look forward to your views on the performance when you get around to it.

Cheers :)
TD Eye

Post by TD Eye »

More info to follow officially I presume ?[/quote]

No, I don't think so, perhaps sooner or later in the TDOC section (blog). Anyway, it is nothing to worry about! Let's say this venue was not very cooperative. And Edgar consequently was not amused.
Sorry if my remark caused any confusion!
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

TD Eye wrote:More info to follow officially I presume ?
No, I don't think so, perhaps sooner or later in the TDOC section (blog). Anyway, it is nothing to worry about! Let's say this venue was not very cooperative. And Edgar consequently was not amused.
Sorry if my remark caused any confusion![/quote]

Phew :!:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

TD Eye wrote:More info to follow officially I presume ?
Sorry if my remark caused any confusion![/quote]

Thank you for the update TD Eye 8)
TD Eye

Post by TD Eye »

TD Eye witness report :wink: Milano, Sunday May 6th 2012.

Before.

The gig was planned to start at 21.00 h. Until that time the audience was supposed to enjoy themselves with the usual large balloons, which were dropped just before the stage. But they would never been thrown into the audience! No balloons like many many times before :( A couple of minutes before the gig a femal voice first ordered us to turn off mobile phones. Whilst people were confusingly looking for their mobiles, the female voice continued: no photographs, no audio/video recording. Everyone confused ... No pictures? :shock: This isn't a good sign.

Set 1.

10 minutes later than planned Sensational Fall of the Master Builder came from behind the curtain that would still remain closed for some time. After the curtain opened we saw a really breathtaking setup with beautiful colours and ditto lights. Edgar was wearing a headphones; he doesn't want the in-ear phones anymore.
During the first couple of songs however the sound was distorted by a very low bass sound, was it interference? Fortunately it took not long to solve the problem.
When the first tones (the seagull sounds!) of The Cliffs of Sydney could be heard, I could not believe my ears. Couldn't remember having heard TD playing this before. What I díd remember were the years I hosted a NL/B radio show (albums and cd's, a lot of EM) in the late 80's and that the opening tune was, er.., yes, The Cliffs of Sydney. Eye got a bit emotional.
In the meantime staff members of the venue continued warning people not to take pics etc. The disturbance caused by this was very annoying. :evil: I remember a guy being warned with a sign that could only be interpreted as: one more time and you will be kicked out. :shock:

The break.

After the first set the female voice returned. What did she want from us now? Well, she said something we didn't quite well understand and then she wished everyone a pleasant evening. :shock: Many people were confused and thought the concert had ended. I am quite sure some people have left at that point. Bianca, who was sitting in the audience in the front rows made signs to the public that this was only the break, not the end.

Set 2.

After the break Edgar came on stage and took the microphone and said it is in the interest of the band that people can take photographs as many as they want. So take them. Applause! :-)
Then the second set began with a more than 7 minutes excerpt of Ricochet, beginning with the piano part by Edgar while the other musicians came on stage one by one. This renewed version of Ricochet, close to the original, was absolutely beautiful.
Another remarkable moment was The Blue Bridge, with Edgar (guitar) and Linda (sax) in duet, both sitting next to each one on a stool in clear spotlight.
Warsaw in the Sun seemed slightly different to the previously performed live versions.
Another surprice was a very special version of The Miracle Mile opening track Teetering Scales with Iris and Hoshiko in duet. Great!
The last three songs were real classics and already performed many times. Loved by the Sun this time with Hoshiko on violin, beautiful! TD Eyewitness next to me in tears...

The End.

After the second set Edgar took immediately the microphone, which usually means the end of the show. Without having had any encores? :( Quite impossible! After having thanked the "great audience" Edgar explained that TD was not allowed to play any encores, otherwise electricity would be cut off :shock: He added that he wouldn't come back to this venue and they all left stage...

Meet and greet.

The meet and greet, 10 - 15 persons, was right after the concert. When Edgar arrived he made his statement at once: he was very disappointed that TD had to deal with so many restrictions in this venue. After my previous post on the forum I got some reactions from people that would like to know more about Edgar's statement: Peter mailed: I think it must have been something like " ;#$@!^%*&@@!!@# " Yes, that comes very close, Peter!

Resume.

A very fine concert with some sound problems in the beginning of the first set. Surprisingly no Vivaldi nor Star Wars Theme. All in all one of the best shows in the last years imo. And, once again, a beautiful lightshow with very nice colours. We enjoyed it very much.
We were happy to see one (!) familiar face among the fans: Charles! It was nice to meet again, we hope the rest of your stay in Italy was pleasant and you got home savely! :wink:
The show has not been filmed, we have not seen any camera on stage. Andreas has taken many many pics (as usual) during the show and the meet and greet. I presume they will be on his site soon. And probably also some within the TDOC.
The merch had nothing special, so no special cupdisc either. But they had the traditional 6x signed tour poster "The Electric Mandarine Tour". The merch was run by members of the staff of the venue ... remember Olympia, P a r i s?
In the meantime the Zürich gig has happened, I have no information on that one except that I was told that Zlatko Perica would be there as well, backstage. So, anyone seen him?
And finally, for Tangerine Dream this was another show with many restrictions from the staff of the venue... I would not be surprised if the release date of Edgar's book will be postponed due to an appendix which still has to be written ... in Italian :lol: :lol:

Credits.

Thanks to Edgar and Bianca and all the people of Eastgate we had the pleasure to meet and talk with, especially Bernie and Thorsten, but also Mai, Eva, Kai and all the others. :wink:
Finally: watch out for any Eye-phone, Eye-pad or Eye-pod Thorsten! :lol:
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

TD Eye wrote:TD Eye witness report :wink: Milano, Sunday May 6th 2012.

Before.

The gig was planned to start at 21.00 h. Until that time the audience was supposed to enjoy themselves with the usual large balloons, which were dropped just before the stage. But they would never been thrown into the audience! No balloons like many many times before :( A couple of minutes before the gig a femal voice first ordered us to turn off mobile phones. Whilst people were confusingly looking for their mobiles, the female voice continued: no photographs, no audio/video recording. Everyone confused ... No pictures? :shock: This isn't a good sign.

Set 1.

10 minutes later than planned Sensational Fall of the Master Builder came from behind the curtain that would still remain closed for some time. After the curtain opened we saw a really breathtaking setup with beautiful colours and ditto lights. Edgar was wearing a headphones; he doesn't want the in-ear phones anymore.
During the first couple of songs however the sound was distorted by a very low bass sound, was it interference? Fortunately it took not long to solve the problem.
When the first tones (the seagull sounds!) of The Cliffs of Sydney could be heard, I could not believe my ears. Couldn't remember having heard TD playing this before. What I díd remember were the years I hosted a NL/B radio show (albums and cd's, a lot of EM) in the late 80's and that the opening tune was, er.., yes, The Cliffs of Sydney. Eye got a bit emotional.
In the meantime staff members of the venue continued warning people not to take pics etc. The disturbance caused by this was very annoying. :evil: I remember a guy being warned with a sign that could only be interpreted as: one more time and you will be kicked out. :shock:

The break.

After the first set the female voice returned. What did she want from us now? Well, she said something we didn't quite well understand and then she wished everyone a pleasant evening. :shock: Many people were confused and thought the concert had ended. I am quite sure some people have left at that point. Bianca, who was sitting in the audience in the front rows made signs to the public that this was only the break, not the end.

Set 2.

After the break Edgar came on stage and took the microphone and said it is in the interest of the band that people can take photographs as many as they want. So take them. Applause! :-)
Then the second set began with a more than 7 minutes excerpt of Ricochet, beginning with the piano part by Edgar while the other musicians came on stage one by one. This renewed version of Ricochet, close to the original, was absolutely beautiful.
Another remarkable moment was The Blue Bridge, with Edgar (guitar) and Linda (sax) in duet, both sitting next to each one on a stool in clear spotlight.
Warsaw in the Sun seemed slightly different to the previously performed live versions.
Another surprice was a very special version of The Miracle Mile opening track Teetering Scales with Iris and Hoshiko in duet. Great!
The last three songs were real classics and already performed many times. Loved by the Sun this time with Hoshiko on violin, beautiful! TD Eyewitness next to me in tears...

The End.

After the second set Edgar took immediately the microphone, which usually means the end of the show. Without having had any encores? :( Quite impossible! After having thanked the "great audience" Edgar explained that TD was not allowed to play any encores, otherwise electricity would be cut off :shock: He added that he wouldn't come back to this venue and they all left stage...

Meet and greet.

The meet and greet, 10 - 15 persons, was right after the concert. When Edgar arrived he made his statement at once: he was very disappointed that TD had to deal with so many restrictions in this venue. After my previous post on the forum I got some reactions from people that would like to know more about Edgar's statement: Peter mailed: I think it must have been something like " ;#$@!^%*&@@!!@# " Yes, that comes very close, Peter!

Resume.

A very fine concert with some sound problems in the beginning of the first set. Surprisingly no Vivaldi nor Star Wars Theme. All in all one of the best shows in the last years imo. And, once again, a beautiful lightshow with very nice colours. We enjoyed it very much.
We were happy to see one (!) familiar face among the fans: Charles! It was nice to meet again, we hope the rest of your stay in Italy was pleasant and you got home savely! :wink:
The show has not been filmed, we have not seen any camera on stage. Andreas has taken many many pics (as usual) during the show and the meet and greet. I presume they will be on his site soon. And probably also some within the TDOC.
The merch had nothing special, so no special cupdisc either. But they had the traditional 6x signed tour poster "The Electric Mandarine Tour". The merch was run by members of the staff of the venue ... remember Olympia, P a r i s?
In the meantime the Zürich gig has happened, I have no information on that one except that I was told that Zlatko Perica would be there as well, backstage. So, anyone seen him?
And finally, for Tangerine Dream this was another show with many restrictions from the staff of the venue... I would not be surprised if the release date of Edgar's book will be postponed due to an appendix which still has to be written ... in Italian :lol: :lol:

Credits.

Thanks to Edgar and Bianca and all the people of Eastgate we had the pleasure to meet and talk with, especially Bernie and Thorsten, but also Mai, Eva, Kai and all the others. :wink:

Thank you for the review. Again, no pictures or video policy from the venue. Budapest and now Milan. Very disappointed. I wonder why all of a sudden no pic's or vid's? I, along with Mr A. Miller did manage to take very few pictures of the encore at the Budapest gig. I figured if I were to be kicked out or removed from the concert, then why not during the encore. As far as filming the concert. I think the Budapest is the only one filmed for a dvd release. I hope the Berlin concert will go off better.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

TD Eye wrote:TD Eye witness report :wink: Milano, Sunday May 6th 2012.

Before.

Set 1.

The break.

Set 2.

The End.

Meet and greet.

Resume.

Credits.

excellent review. everything points to some great concerts.

8)
...The wise.....are silent.....