TD gig in Zurich Kongresshaus Switzerland on May 7, 2012 !

epsilon75
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by epsilon75 »

Any news on the Zurich concert :?: Heiko H or Morgan :wink:
Whoopysnorp

Post by Whoopysnorp »

Just got back from Zuerich. I can't come up with an accurate or complete setlist, but from what I can recall the show started with The sensational fall of the master builder, followed by Dolphin Dance and then The cliffs of Sydney. Other tracks (in no particular order!) were: Stratosfear 95, Jupiter space doors, Marmontel riding the Clef, Love on a real train, Ricochet 2, White eagle, Horizon, Going west, Warsaw in the sun, Underwater twilight, Song of the whale Pt. 2, Ride on the ray, Alchemy of the heart section, Long island sunset, Oriental haze, Logos 2011, Lady Monk, Sally's garden, Silver boots of Bartlett Green...and probably a dozen more which i can't remember or identify anymore.
The show took 3 1/2 hours, including a 20 minute intermission. Considering the extremly expensive ticket prices (best category was 110 Swiss Francs...you do the math 8) ) I was glad that the show was worth the money. Especially the first set was maybe the best i ave witnessed since Osnabrueck 99 (my first TD live concert). The song selection was great and mostly had all up tempo tracks, accompanied by Bernhard's excellent guitar work....he obviously was on fire yesterday and even Edgar looked impressed :wink:
The second part started with Richochet Part Two, and after that it went a bit downhill musically for me...too much soloing, and too much stuff from the late 80's (which meanwhile sounds a bit dated) with too much saxophone, bongos and violin. But then again, everything which comes after Ricochet 2 would have been impossible to level.
There was some very brief meet & greet minutes after the show. I suggested to Thorsten that the show should be made available for download just like some of the recent concerts.
The show wasn't sold out, mainly due to the relatively high ticket prices. I detected only three or four familiar faces (unlike London or Berlin), and after the show the hall was pretty much empty within just a couple of minutes. Nevertheless i had a great time, and finally managed to meet Morgan in person (aaah, those good old Tadream list days 8)
So in case you're still in doubt about going to another TD concert, i can definetly recommend the current tour :-)

8) :!:
Last edited by Whoopysnorp on Tue May 08, 2012 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Thank you for your review Heiko 8) :D
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

Thank you. Sounds like the same setlist as Budapest. I wonder if it'll change up as the tour goes on.
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
ant

Post by ant »

:) Sounds like a good show but was there no new material? When I say new I mean so new that nobody has ever heard them before and not new in the sense of say stuff from a new album. It is great to hear old tracks but a lot of those have been done many times now and it would be good to hear something fresh in the mix!! :)
Biggus Dickus
feldon30

Post by feldon30 »

Hello all!

I am back and sorting through pictures. Fortunately, I was able to take home both memories and a few snapshots. I did not use flash and I cupped my hand over the screen so as not to distract anyone behind me.

I have not had the privilege/luck of attending as many TD concerts as others, so while a set list of mostly 80's and 90's vintage stuff was fantastic for me, I do understand that if you have been to many TD shows, seeing so many vintage tracks and very little new material could be disappointing. I absolutely felt I got my Swiss francs' worth.

It was great to see Edgar come out from behind the keyboard and pull off some nice guitar work alongside Linda in a duet. Suffice it to say I was a very happy guy to walk out after almost 3 hours of music, plus being 5 feet from Edgar, and also getting to meet Heiko who has done so much for the TD community. ;)

The irony is, I will be in London this week, and so I could have maybe attended London if I shuffled my schedule, and there is still a chance I can catch one of the US shows. But I am overjoyed at what I got to do, and hey, visiting Zurich was very nice!

Some Photos:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1055335439 ... mZurichWeb

I hope it's ok to post a few photos here...

T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

In case no one saw this already, inet-tv/radio are uploading tracks from set 2 of this Zurich gig onto Youtube. One video a week it says. So far there are just 3 uploaded. Very well recorded/videod. :D

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... ature=plcp