BIGMOOG reviews a LEGENDARY DAY

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:Part 5: The encore...brief review

....its over...applause....I look around and see some pretty happy faces....there is a young couple to my left, I'd say around 18-20....emopunk types...they are clapping and cheering..I nod...hands in the air...the welsh mosh pit's going barmy..the london branch are storming for more.....so.....its encore time.....and here come the band again....looking happy and bright.....into some more dynamic stuff....oh great...hey...is it me?....the sound seems to be increasing in volume....punch punch punch of the bass....blimey...its getting louder...are we heading for vintage volume levels?.....everyone on stage looks like they mean it....maaaaan.....and so do we...as TD pile into the last track, sort of inevitable I think..its House of the Rising Sun...pretty good....its damn loud now....great stuff......

BANG

its over...the crowd roars...I lift my hands into the air...not sure what to do...as I have been mesmerised again by the Tangs....its over....quick look at the time...9.30?.....

Edgar does his speech.....someone shouts out behind me..'we love you edgar....'.....Im welling up....we applaud TD in turn......now is it really over..?...
btw that couple were came all the way down from Newcastle I think, they were behind me int he queue and just to my left at the beginning of the gig. His misses loved it....go for it girl!
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:Part 6: final and quick gig thoughts.....and....out the door into London's night

When ever TD finish playing I always feel a little lost....tonight I begin to mull it over...was it good, what have I witnessed...my first reaction is an emotional one..it wasnt long enough, but I loved it..I want to see it again...I want to hear it NOW...

I make a point of looking around at the fans....I note smiling faces, wide eyes (hmmmm....that'll be the smokes......someone had some nice leaf)..I look at RAystorm: 'Good?'.....

...We hang around the stage watching the roadies....finally we all gather and.we decide to leave ....and exit through the warren of stairs...en route Im greeted by Mac and Edweirdo....great to meet you both....in all the head spinning excitement...I lost track of where you disapeared to...but I seem to recall something about 'there's a gay club on?'...My response was along the lines of 'yes...I have colin's ticket'.....which was a running joke all day (no offence CJ....).

Out into the London Air.....I bump into Wolfman....another lovely meeting..great!....hope you enjoy the CD!....Andy hands me a postcard...Cheers mate.....Its all a bit mad..fans coming and going...

....what are we gonna do now...Colin's got the bull by the horns...Off to a pub....we decide to pile up to the Jack Horner..The TD BarmY army heads off.......
Once again a nice write up mate, shame I missed John outside, it would have been nice to say hello
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Good fun report BM :arrow: excellent reading 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

:D Listen up guys. That pic of Coiln and BM sums up the world of TD and the forum, completely. There is a golden vein of insanity which permeates the world according to TD. Which keeps us all sane, to varying degrees. :wink: :wink: Quick nurse...the screens :D :D :wink:
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

anyone seen my two speed...last i saw it colin was chasing a lily savage looki likeee along charing cross road....shouting....'give me back me daffs....yer poooooooooofe..."

barmy army :wink:
...The wise.....are silent.....
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

:D :D Say no more :!: Nudge, nudge, :wink: :wink: :arrow:
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

PART THE FINAL

thoughts on td, the gig, the fanszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :arrow:

i will bother in the morning

now wheres me welsh passport :arrow:
Janus

Post by Janus »

bigmoog wrote:PART THE FINAL

thoughts on td, the gig, the fanszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :arrow:

i will bother in the morning

now wheres me welsh passport :arrow:
Wannit final part now BM, now :cry: :cry: :wink:
http://heyzradio.com
For Tim - Always in our thoughts and hearts, the dream remains the same
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

PART THE FINAL

bigmoog got up on friday 20th at 3am, stepped over mrs bm's body where he left it laying over the milkmans pint of full cream :arrow:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz nite tang fan :P
Janus

Post by Janus »

You chill out BM laters mate :D
http://heyzradio.com
For Tim - Always in our thoughts and hearts, the dream remains the same
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

PART THE FINAL FINAL PART ONE

On my way home on saturday morning, I started thinking back. I had another look at the Limited Edition CD, as well as other goodies......I cant wait to listen to the Limited edition : and what a great title, typically TD, sleeping watches......dalinian and as usual with TD, evocative of the music.....I just couldnt wait to play it. And another classically TD cover.

My mind started to go into overdrive.

The first thoughts were of the fans I met, all friendly and great fun and interesting and all very different and in many ways the best people I have ever met..., I learnt lots of new info on TD and fans' experiences...some discussions touched on the merits of the 90's, Force Majeure's sound quality on clear vinyl, punk rock...particularly Discharge, Crass and Killing Joke...., Hammersmith Odeon, the 1970's...Babylon 5 (!!!the soundtracks are really weak.......), RFH 2004.....fags, experimental music (Ben, its a lifetime's work sourcing Nurse with Wound records........)...Linda and Iris (and why the hell not.....both talented and beautiful.)..The quality of TD merchandise over the years-especially the T SHirTs( Redziller looked very fetching in his discounted MFD T......)...JAnus, me mate: I loved the encore T Shirt....and I think by 11pm you were a little wrecked......

Every minute was special....and the beer : London Pride went down a treat and I reckon Stephen and I got through 40 fags between us....oh well, I will give up tomorrow.

Meeting Colin was one of the funniest, touching and exciting moment of my life - and that really is the truth - on line we have a bit of banter....but in person it felt REAL...and the same goes for meeting Andy (more chat next time mate, I will bring some of my archive : some of which you do not have!) and all the fans I had the very greatest pleasure to meet.

Someone asked me :'where's seagull?!)....I cant recall what I said....remind me?

In fact meeting everyone was just so wonderful that it nearly bettered the gig (thoughts on that next installment)

The one comment I shall remember (and I cant recall who said it to me, it may have been Alipaul....) :

Tangerine Dream are the soundtrack-to my life
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Great stuff mate.................Just glad you enjoyed what was a tremendous day,and thanks for your review and thoughts :arrow:

P/S I echo Alipauls sentiments wholeheartedly........TD Rules :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
redziller

Post by redziller »

Come on mate don't hold back - you're gonna burst!
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

:D

gig was not the greatest TD gig I have been to

but it was the most fun :arrow:
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

I echo BM's sentiments. The fan meet is an essential ingredient in making a fantastic event, even better! :D
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese