TD IN OBSERVER MUSIC MONTHLY

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

TD have never been 'trendy' unlike the super cool Kraftwerk, and these days Krautrock 'name droppers' like Neu!, Can and Faust. But i'll tell you this, quite a few people quote them without ever listening to them. I'll give you an example about Kraftwerk, I went to a college of 600+ people and how many fans were there? 2!!! me and this other geezer who liked them a bit. If everyone who claimed to be influenced by them 'actually' bought their records then they'd have sold 500,000,000 albums at least ;)...back to TD, what that Observer article shows is that TD are starting to influence a newer generation of musicians, now obviously they might see that as a dubious caveate (they're not cool man!)...but some people are beginning to 'out themselves' as fans, such as Kasabian, M83, DJ's such as DJ shadow, and even comedians such as Noel Fielding from the Might Boosh. It's a slow process, but TD are picking up some younger fans who are prepared to look beyond whatever is being flogged this week in the charts. If you looked at the queue outside the Astoria or at Jerome's Water Rats gig you'd see a wide range of ages. And before certain fans rip me to pieces and say TD aren't 'as' popular as they were in 1722 (;)) I'm not trying to say that, what I'm hinting at is that musical influences and 'coolness' can take time....15 years back if I had said Neu! to somebody they would have New what? ;)
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

8) top post...and so very true
...The wise.....are silent.....
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:8) top post...and so very true
Ta! :)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Spot on Andy :arrow: very true indeed 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

Nice live photo of TD in France as well :)
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

With articles like that you may find a few more people dipping their toes in TD's waters
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
24db

Post by 24db »

alipaul wrote:With articles like that you may find a few more people dipping their toes in TD's waters
I spoke to a couple of fans recently who have just heard their first TD album...lucky gits ;)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:TD have never been 'trendy' unlike the super cool Kraftwerk, and these days Krautrock 'name droppers' like Neu!, Can and Faust. But i'll tell you this, quite a few people quote them without ever listening to them. I'll give you an example about Kraftwerk, I went to a college of 600+ people and how many fans were there? 2!!! me and this other geezer who liked them a bit. If everyone who claimed to be influenced by them 'actually' bought their records then they'd have sold 500,000,000 albums at least ;)...back to TD, what that Observer article shows is that TD are starting to influence a newer generation of musicians, now obviously they might see that as a dubious caveate (they're not cool man!)...but some people are beginning to 'out themselves' as fans, such as Kasabian, M83, DJ's such as DJ shadow, and even comedians such as Noel Fielding from the Might Boosh. It's a slow process, but TD are picking up some younger fans who are prepared to look beyond whatever is being flogged this week in the charts. If you looked at the queue outside the Astoria or at Jerome's Water Rats gig you'd see a wide range of ages. And before certain fans rip me to pieces and say TD aren't 'as' popular as they were in 1722 (;)) I'm not trying to say that, what I'm hinting at is that musical influences and 'coolness' can take time....15 years back if I had said Neu! to somebody they would have New what? ;)
Perfect summing up Andy...........very true indeed 8) :arrow:
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:TD have never been 'trendy' unlike the super cool Kraftwerk, and these days Krautrock 'name droppers' like Neu!, Can and Faust. But i'll tell you this, quite a few people quote them without ever listening to them. I'll give you an example about Kraftwerk, I went to a college of 600+ people and how many fans were there? 2!!! me and this other geezer who liked them a bit. If everyone who claimed to be influenced by them 'actually' bought their records then they'd have sold 500,000,000 albums at least ;)...back to TD, what that Observer article shows is that TD are starting to influence a newer generation of musicians, now obviously they might see that as a dubious caveate (they're not cool man!)...but some people are beginning to 'out themselves' as fans, such as Kasabian, M83, DJ's such as DJ shadow, and even comedians such as Noel Fielding from the Might Boosh. It's a slow process, but TD are picking up some younger fans who are prepared to look beyond whatever is being flogged this week in the charts. If you looked at the queue outside the Astoria or at Jerome's Water Rats gig you'd see a wide range of ages. And before certain fans rip me to pieces and say TD aren't 'as' popular as they were in 1722 (;)) I'm not trying to say that, what I'm hinting at is that musical influences and 'coolness' can take time....15 years back if I had said Neu! to somebody they would have New what? ;)
Perfect summing up Andy...........very true indeed 8) :arrow:
TD's time will come again...mark my words
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I for one have rarely if ever doubted them...........there is talent in abundance 8)
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:I for one have rarely if ever doubted them...........there is talent in abundance 8)
Long is the way and hard, that out of darkness, leads up to the light

;)
24db

Post by 24db »

I'll scan this article next week
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

It's usually that Jarre does some high profile gig blown out of all proportions that get him noticed if you ask anyone in the street they probably wouldn't know his albums but know him as that geezer who did a show at the docklands
Last edited by alipaul on Sat May 26, 2007 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

alipaul wrote:It's usually that Jarre does some high profile gig blown out of all proportions that get him noticed if you ask anyone in the street they probably wouldn't know his albums but know him as taht geexer who did a show at the docklands
To be fair to JMJ, his excellent music got him noticed in the first place as Oxygene was a no. 1 chart album in the UK and must have sold millions worldwide.... and he has done alot of original music regardless of the concert shows. I have never bought a JMJ album for any reason other than the music. I can't imagine many people liking the music more for the shows than the music itself.... and he has probably sold more albums than any other electonic musicians.
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

I liked the first two albums oxygene & equinoxe but JMJ IMHO became 'middle of the road EM' after these albums