The London Show

Lucan
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

The London Show

Post by Lucan »

I estimate that the show is just starting as I type this. So, I thought I'd create a thread for those of you fortunate enough to attend to tell me all about it.

So tell, my loves, my darlings, my poppets, tell all! Regale me with your accounts of the performance, that I might for one brief moment live vicariously through your tales of the wonder that was Madcap's Flaming Duty live!

Quickly, now, while it's still fresh in your minds!

Off you go, then! :)
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

The pictures look absolutely spectacular. Thanks Redziller.
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

Echoed from me - Many thanks for taking the trouble...

I see a professional cameraman on one of the shots - Let's take bets on a DVD of the gig in a while.......
Lucan

Post by Lucan »

DSJR wrote:Let's take bets on a DVD of the gig in a while.......
Oh my God...we can but hope! I would do anything, no matter how illegal or degrading, to get hold of such a treasure!
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Lucan wrote:
DSJR wrote:Let's take bets on a DVD of the gig in a while.......
Oh my God...we can but hope! I would do anything, no matter how illegal or degrading, to get hold of such a treasure!
There will be a dvd and CD of this show according to a recent interview with EF. I can't remember where I read it but heres hoping.
Lucan

Post by Lucan »

sparrow wrote:There will be a dvd and CD of this show according to a recent interview with EF. I can't remember where I read it but heres hoping.
So...I'll not have to do anything illegal or degrading, then? Sweet!
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

THEE gig: a game of two halves

second section not long enuff...but awesome.....not loud enough

allow the bm to have a kip, then more thoughts :arrow:
...The wise.....are silent.....
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

Not loud enough?

Better a sensible volume so you can follow what's going on, especially as most attendees were (well?) over 30 methinks...

Once again, glad you guys had an amazing time - it's a superb album to promote, rather than noodling all over Rubycon or summat. (I'll allow them the luxury of playing White eagle though :lol:
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

:D

the second section of the gig was kicked off with an amazing piece I have not heard before...sequencer driven,,,,,then everything blew up into a very emotional powerhouse set of some real 80's classics....top drawer stuff
...The wise.....are silent.....
endorphin

Post by endorphin »

bigmoog wrote::D

the second section of the gig was kicked off with an amazing piece I have not heard before...sequencer driven,,,,,then everything blew up into a very emotional powerhouse set of some real 80's classics....top drawer stuff
Yeah, I was taken aback by whatever track that was that kicked off the second half. Does anyone know what this was please? If it is indeed a new one then, what with the high standard of the Ltd Edition EP it seems that TD are riding the crest of an immense creative wave just now. :)
ant

Post by ant »

:D Great gig but oh so strange to be coming out of a TD concert at 9.30pm!! Mind you I can't ever remember them starting as early as 7.05pm before either. Thought the MFD section went extremely well with Chris's vocals on top form. I think they started performing the album in the same sequence as the cd but just as I was expecting Lake of Pontchartrain we got One Hour of Madness and I thought "God, don't tell me they're not going to perform it", but luckily they did so at the end!! Then we blasted into the second set which consisted of a couple of previously unheard, written a long time ago, pieces that were brilliant. It then carried on with some other well loved TD classics and finishing with House of the Rising Sun. I felt the light on Bernhard's side was a bit poor and from were I was (upstairs) he seemed to be playing in the dark most of the time. May have been the way it was planned but I think it was a shame for him I felt. Also it was great to see Edgar doing a couple of low key guitar solo's - and sitting down to do them as well - had not seen that before!! It all seemed to go so quickly, although they were in fact on for 2 hours 25 minutes which is only 15 to 20 mins shorter than there last few gigs, and it was nice to be able to get out before the last trains had departed to your final destination. All in all a great evening. Thanks Edgar - come back again soon. Can't wait for the DVD (They had three cameras upstairs where I was and obviously more downstairs and on stage). The Tang's Rule OK!! :D :D :D
Biggus Dickus
coldwater

thank you mr ed

Post by coldwater »

Brilliant night, I had not seen them since hammersmith in early 80's when they did the poland stuff.
As to the heckler who thought they were playing pre-recorded stuff - i was at the front and it did seem the vocals were played at times; maybe i was mistaken and it was a perfect rendition.
I would love to know what song was played towards the end when benhard played a superb guitar riff to lindas sax reply - anyone know?
Superb night.
endorphin

Post by endorphin »

Glad you enjoyed the gig Ant :) The 9.30pm finish was a little odd but was probably vital in order that the roadies break down all the gear and clear the stage in time to meet the Astoria's very strict curfew to allow G.A.Y to start on time at 10.30 pm.
Lucan

Post by Lucan »

So, what other stuff did they do besides MFD?
timer

Post by timer »

Lucan wrote:So, what other stuff did they do besides MFD?
Lucan,

Velvet part of Logos !,
A new version of Sphinx Lightening (on the ep)
new version of rare bird.
Pilots of Purple twilight.
House of the rising sun (encore)
Das Madchen version of White Eagle.

Others will add im sure !