+++ BRIAN MAY PERFORMING WITH TD AT STARMUS +++

Einstein's Barber (ADMIN)
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

+++ BRIAN MAY PERFORMING WITH TD AT STARMUS +++

Post by Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) »

Hi Guys,

Astronomer-musician Brian May will make a guest appearance at Tangerine Dream’s "Sonic Universe" Concert in Tenerife on
24 June, 2011. Sonic Universe will take place at the Magma Art and Congress Hall in the south of Tenerife as part of the
spectacular forthcoming Starmus Festival, now just a few short months away (21-26 June, 2011).

Tangerine Dream will bring a unique feature to the concert with the incorporation into their performance of actual
sound effects recorded from the SUN and other stars.
Tickets are limited in number and are now on sale (see http://www.starmus.com/ for purchase details).

For Brian May, Tenerife has always been a spiritual home from home, inspiring his best creative powers. Queen devotees
will know that he began his musical career on this island (he wrote the Queen song ‘Tie Your Mother Down’ during an
observing trip to the Teide Observatory while working towards his PhD in Astrophysics in 1971). That was forty years
ago, but now May will be back at last on his favourite island, this time with his “red special”!

Having begun his Phd studies in Tenerife all those years ago, May finally wrote up his thesis a couple of years ago
(in the interim, of course, he became part of the Queen legend!). Apart from his guest appearance at the Sonic Universe,
May will also give a talk and participate in a round table discussion on our future in space.

Don't miss this unique concert TD-friends!!

Regards,
EB (ADMIN)

Last edited by Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) on Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. ALBERT EINSTEIN
TD Eye

Post by TD Eye »

Great news EB! Thank you.
Members and non-members only please.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Blimey. We were only speculating about TD and Brian May being on the same island at the same time and the chances of a guest appearance. Never really thought it would happen. I hope the cameras are going to be rolling. This is very cool. 8)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

So who's going to start the speculation about what they are going to play? :wink:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Should be interesting, never been a massive Queen fan although some of the songs are good and Brain May is a very good guitar player
Sean_Montgomery

Post by Sean_Montgomery »

Wonder if they'll play 'A Time For Heroes'?
goozer

Post by goozer »

Sean_Montgomery wrote:Wonder if they'll play 'A Time For Heroes'?
+1 :lol:

goozer 8)
Those who believe that the world is made up of shades of grey have been staring at the line between black & white for so long that their vision has become blurred. - HG
http://soundcloud.com/dementia-ranger
Jon

Post by Jon »

Interesting news about May. Will indeed hope for a DVD release, although I have never been a big Queen fan.

I remember reading a few years ago that May was supposed to perform with Jarre, was it in Egypt? Seems like he likes those old synth legends. 8)
Red Morpho

Post by Red Morpho »

Excellent news! Queen were the first band I got into big time around about the time of Day at the Races - loved the 'no synths' disclaimer on those early LP's :D :lol: :D
You can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink...but if you get it to float's on it's back then you've got something...
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

Is anyone going now then? :P
public class Geeks : IEarth { }
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

This is brilliant news ....my all time fave group with Brian May :!:

I've always loved Brian May's guitar and Queen's song 'Good Old fashioned Lover Boy' is the first song I heard that really blew my socks off in my youth and it still does 8) 8)

I absolutely hope for a DVD release in case I can't get to this concert.
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
Minimoog

Post by Minimoog »

Maybe Brian will join td adorned in his stockings for I want to break free ;-)
The coward only threatens when he is safe.

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Minimoog wrote:Maybe Brian will join td adorned in his stockings for I want to break free ;-)
What, with Edgar in curlers and a hairnet ? :shock: :lol:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Minimoog wrote:Maybe Brian will join td adorned in his stockings for I want to break free ;-)
Who's going to do the hoovering in a leather mini skirt then?
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

Chris Monk wrote:Who's going to do the hoovering in a leather mini skirt then?
I think the names start with an I and a L... :wink:
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...