THE LOWRY - MANCHESTER - NEW TD CONCERT IN MAY 2011!!

Marakesh
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Marakesh »

TDludo wrote:
Marakesh wrote:
redziller wrote:was it dream time with less sax and more guitar? It baffles me how soon the distinctness of memory fades :(
No, Dream Time wasn't performed, maybe you were thinking of Sally's Garden.
I think it was "The Blue Bridge"... but not 100 % sure ! :)
No, the Blue Bridge wasn't performed either :)

Set List: Marmontel Riding on a Clef, Death in the Shadow, Logos 2011, Culpa Levis 2010, Living in Eternity, Calumet, Cycle of Eternity, Ayumi’s Butterflies, Sally’s Garden, Darkness Veiling the Light, Astrophel and Stella, Mombasa Tuareg Mix, Fire on the Mountain, Carmel Calif, Long Island Sunset, A Snail’s Dream , Dominion 2010, Alchemy of the Heart, Morphing, and Kiev Mission.

Encore: Cool at Heart (2011), The Gate of Saturn, and Dolphin Dance (2011)
"Their chief failings in social competence are an inability to perceive themselves accurately and annoying others by their dominance and unsuitable jokes."

Michael Argyle
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

Marakesh wrote:No, the Blue Bridge wasn't performed either :)

Set List : Marmontel Riding on a Clef, Death in the Shadow, Logos 2011, Culpa Levis 2010, Living in Eternity, Calumet, Cycle of Eternity, Ayumi’s Butterflies, Sally’s Garden, Darkness Veiling the Light, Astrophel and Stella, Mombasa Tuareg Mix, Fire on the Mountain, Carmel Calif, Long Island Sunset, A Snail’s Dream , Dominion 2010, Alchemy of the Heart, Morphing, Kiev Mission.
This was the MAIN set list... The track we're talking about was played during the encore, which contained 5 tracks. :wink:
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
Marakesh

Post by Marakesh »

TDludo wrote:
Marakesh wrote:No, the Blue Bridge wasn't performed either :)

Set List : Marmontel Riding on a Clef, Death in the Shadow, Logos 2011, Culpa Levis 2010, Living in Eternity, Calumet, Cycle of Eternity, Ayumi’s Butterflies, Sally’s Garden, Darkness Veiling the Light, Astrophel and Stella, Mombasa Tuareg Mix, Fire on the Mountain, Carmel Calif, Long Island Sunset, A Snail’s Dream , Dominion 2010, Alchemy of the Heart, Morphing, Kiev Mission.
This was the MAIN set list... The track we're talking about was played during the encore, which contained 5 tracks. :wink:
I don't know all of tracks that made up the encore. However, it was indeed The Blue Bridge as played on The London Eye Concert which is much different to The Blue Bridge as played on 200 Volt Live, the one that I recognised as The Blue Bridge and also failed to recognise as The Blue Bridge :wink:
"Their chief failings in social competence are an inability to perceive themselves accurately and annoying others by their dominance and unsuitable jokes."

Michael Argyle
har

Post by har »

So to clarify :wink:

This is possibly The Blue Bridge from The London eye concert and was played half way through the Lowry encores ?

Nice bit of guitaring by the maestro anyway 8)
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

Dolphin Dance wrote:Image

The Dream Girls .

A very enjoyable concert , and those beautiful words from Edgar about our dearly missed TD friend Marilyn, made it all the more of an emotional event, for many who knew her - Cool at Heart .
Nicely done mate. That was very cool of Edgar.
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
Red Morpho

Post by Red Morpho »

I think the encores were (not sure about the order)

Cool At Heart
The Gate of Saturn
The Blue Bridge
Fay Bewitching the Moon
Dolphin Dance
You can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink...but if you get it to float's on it's back then you've got something...
redziller

Post by redziller »

doh - blue bridge, of course
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
TD Eye

Post by TD Eye »

Cyclone wrote:
TDludo wrote:... But I don't recognize this bearded man between Iris and Thorsten, neither...
Christian Stettner?
No, definitely not Christian Gstettner. Perhaps somebody related to Brian May.
Members and non-members only please.
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

TD Eye wrote:
Cyclone wrote:
TDludo wrote:... But I don't recognize this bearded man between Iris and Thorsten, neither...
Christian Stettner?
Okay...
By the way : how are you (and Lucie) ? What do you think of the Cupdisc and the new album ? :wink:
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
TD Eye

Post by TD Eye »

TDludo wrote:
TD Eye wrote:
Cyclone wrote: Christian Stettner?
Okay...
By the way : how are you (and Lucie) ? What do you think of the Cupdisc and the new album ? :wink:
TD Eye and TD Eyewitness are still in recovery mode :wink: Pssssttt ....
I will soon post more.
For this moment: cheers to all nice TD fans we met this time, hope you got savely back home and see you next time, wherever, whenever.
Members and non-members only please.
TangFanIRL

Post by TangFanIRL »

Some thoughts on the Lowry concert:

Met up with old friends at the Exchange before heading to the venue about 7.10pm. Found the merchandise stall and amazingly got served straight away - no scrum this time!

My Row B seats turned out to be 1st row which was a nice surpirse. Things kicked off pretty much shortly after 7.30pm as planned. No video projections this time, just lights, smoke machines and synchronised lights in the back. For me, I'm sorry to say that the first set had the worst sound I've ever heard at a TD gig and I've lost count how many I've experienced at this stage... I felt compelled to give some feedback to the sound desk guys at the break, which I did in the hope of improving the sound for set 2... I was assertive and offered some feedback which the two young English (in-house I'd guess) sound guys took on board, as the sound did improve somewhat in the second set - I suggested they reduce the volume and the bass. While I offered my opinion (I let them know that I'm a sound engineer and how it was too loud down the front (causing distortion) and too bassy and flat sounding) another chap voiced similar views to them. Why TD didn't use their own people like before I'll never know. Music as complex as this needs good sound people at front of house, not just at the stage mixing desk... Many times during the show Linda's (e.g start of Sally's Garden), Bernie's and Hoshiko's playing could be seen but not heard in the loud murk coming from the speakers. Not the band's fault but a major boo boo not to use their own sound people for front of house sound... (Rant over!)

Afterwards it was very nice to meet the band and Brian May (very polite and friendly chap) backstage. I had a good chat with my old friend Ulrich Schnauss and other fans too.

Overall a great evening marred only by dodgy too loud, too bassy, distorted sound in the first half! Thanks to all the fans for their continued friendship!
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Whilst we liked being at the front (row D), it is evident from the videos on Youtube that the sound and light show were better appreciated from further back.

The violin and some of Linda's stuff were rather too low in the mix, as was a lot or Iris's playing. She's there like a mad whirlwind drummer and yet you can hardly hear her. Pity, coz she seemed to be having the time of her life bashing hell out of the drums/cymbals etc. :lol:
har

Post by har »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:Whilst we liked being at the front (row D), it is evident from the videos on Youtube that the sound and light show were better appreciated from further back.

The violin and some of Linda's stuff were rather too low in the mix, as was a lot or Iris's playing. She's there like a mad whirlwind drummer and yet you can hardly hear her. Pity, coz she seemed to be having the time of her life bashing hell out of the drums/cymbals etc. :lol:
This must be the case TD, as it was nothing like as bad as some are saying up where I was.

And actually the percussion was also fine up there. Not too loud :wink:
HarryPotter No7

Post by HarryPotter No7 »

We were sat a few rows back on the 1st balcony in the middle and had a superb view, I thought the light show fitted the music very well and altho everyone else on stage was drowned out a lot of the time I'm certainly not complaining - it was an awesome show and I can't wait till they come here again, not bothered which city, just please come back again soon!!!

My regular TD concert companion couldn't make it this time so my mum came with me and she really enjoyed herself, she prefered the slower sax/flute/violin tracks and commented how low Edgar's voice was which I found quite funny, but after 25 years of me loving this band it was nice a member of my family finally experienced a bit of TD magic, albiet only 3 hours!

A superb venue and an easy-to-get-to mech stall, a first for me! - The highlight of the evening was Darkness Veiling The Night, what a truely amazing track and sounded awesome live.

:D A very satisfied customer!!
hansx

Post by hansx »

TD Eye wrote:
TDludo wrote:
TD Eye wrote: No, definitely not Christian Gstettner. Perhaps somebody related to Brian May.
Okay...
TD Eye and TD Eyewitness are still in recovery mode :wink: Pssssttt ....
I will soon post more.
For this moment: cheers to all nice TD fans we met this time, hope you got savely back home and see you next time, wherever, whenever.
Of course Guillaume, did yiu get a wet shirt when we left you on Sunday. It did rain very good. :)