THE LOWRY - MANCHESTER - NEW TD CONCERT IN MAY 2011!!

Peter Beasley
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Peter Beasley »

redziller wrote:I can't argue that the sound balance wasn't what I'd come to expect - my guess is that the local engineers didn't have the experience for a TD gig.
Why did TD use local engineers rather than their own technicians?
hansx

Post by hansx »

There is already enough said here about the soundquality. Indeed not 100 pct.
NeverthelessI really enjoyed the concert very much, as usual. The setlist was very good, in comparence with London not very much oldies. But the oldies which they played were astonishing. The lightshow was very nice, but not fantastic, justgood.
Overall, a good show. The meet & greet? What can i say. If they do it in these small chambers,then it really doesn't fit the purpose of it. So, please next time, a bit cosier place than this one, where you can have a talk with everyone and not with one or twofor a moment.
The premeeting did go wrong for some reason. Shame that the original place at the Lime wasn't to cosy and most of the people were on another place where the atmosphere was much better. Next time a better coordination please.
:)
But conclusion for the whole event, TD fans are one big family. Love to be part of it.
redziller

Post by redziller »

Peter Beasley wrote:
redziller wrote:I can't argue that the sound balance wasn't what I'd come to expect - my guess is that the local engineers didn't have the experience for a TD gig.
Why did TD use local engineers rather than their own technicians?
Forget I said that - just speculation.
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
Dolphin Dance

Post by Dolphin Dance »

The Dream Girls .

A very enjoyable concert , and those beautiful words from Edgar about our dearly missed TD friend Marilyn, made it all the more of an emotional event, for many who knew her - Cool at Heart .
har

Post by har »

Just back :?

Have to say I thoroughly enjoyed this gig very much. My life is now complete as I have seen the mighty TD.

Thought the set list before the gig was a great idea. I have mine in perfect nick here as I type :D . As for the set itself I felt there was a good balance to the tracks. Especially enjoyed the FAY tracks very much. Stand out for me though was probably Alchemy of the Heart which was superb live, surprising as I am not that keen on the studio version (although I am way to check that out now :D ) Also I think it was Darkness Veiling the Night that was awesome.

First half was best for me but overall great gig.

As for the sound, there was an issue on a few occasions but certainly did not spoil the gig AT ALL. Seemed to be some low frequency feedback/interference going on. Overall some magnificent layering of the music and wonderful,powerfull, driving sequences. AND I liked that new track "Calumet" sounds promising.

As for the attendance, from upstairs looked as if it must have been pushing 3/4 full and considering other events etc pretty damm good. The Dream were well received.

Its impossible to please All the people All the time, however Tangerine Dream certainly pleased me. Cost me an effin fortune this trip but worth every last penny.

TD rule 8)
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

har wrote:Just back :?

Have to say I thoroughly enjoyed this gig very much. My life is now complete as I have seen the mighty TD.

Thought the set list before the gig was a great idea. I have mine in perfect nick here as I type :D . As for the set itself I felt there was a good balance to the tracks. Especially enjoyed the FAY tracks very much. Stand out for me though was probably Alchemy of the Heart which was superb live, surprising as I am not that keen on the studio version (although I am way to check that out now :D ) Also I think it was Darkness Veiling the Night that was awesome.

As for the sound, there was an issue on a few occasions but certainly did not spoil the gig AT ALL. Seemed to be some low frequency feedback/interference going on. Overall some magnificent layering of the music and wonderful,powerfull, driving sequences. AND I liked that new track "Calumet" sounds promising.

As for the attendance, from upstairs looked as if it must have been pushing 3/4 full and considering other events etc pretty damm good. The Dream were well received.

Its impossible to please All the people All the time, however Tangerine Dream certainly pleased me. Cost me an effin fortune this trip but worth every last penny.

TD rule 8)

Glad you enjoyed it Har, certainly was a good gig and I enjoyed the whole weekend. would have been nice to have met you.
har

Post by har »

cantosis wrote:
har wrote:Just back :?

TD rule 8)

Glad you enjoyed it Har, certainly was a good gig and I enjoyed the whole weekend. would have been nice to have met you.
Hi Matt, likewise, would like to have bought you a San Miguel.

Only just made it down for the kick off for the gig. A bit of an eventful journey down :? Had a beer in the upstairs bar at half time but didn't recognise anyone. Only person I thought I recognised was at the end when Bernie threw guitar paraphenallia at him in the front row. was that Mr K I wonder :wink:
har

Post by har »

Testing :wink:

[img][img]http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l48 ... to0093.jpg[/img][/img]

Looks good in preview................First photo from my moby on the TD forum :P
har

Post by har »

Bit shaky this one :wink:

Edgar on geetar 8)

PS What track was this anyone ?
redziller

Post by redziller »

was it dream time with less sax and more guitar? It baffles me how soon the distinctness of memory fades :(
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
ant

Post by ant »

:D Really enjoyed the gig even with the couple of sound problems. Sat a few rows in front of Mr May and of course saw him again at the meet and greet after the show. was really good to meet up with some of you guys there at the Holiday Inn and was great to have a few beers with you all and discuss our favourite band. A lovely day was had despite the rather cool and windy conditions. Here's to the next one!! :D
Biggus Dickus
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

I enjoyed the weekend. Cheers Navel and Cantosis! Thanks to BillyTheFish for getting me squiffy in the hotel bar and MAKING me stay up till 4 in the morning and another thanks to Mike for sending me a text at 7:30am asking if I'm going down to breakfast!!!

Please can I have beans with that?
public class Geeks : IEarth { }
Marakesh

Post by Marakesh »

redziller wrote:was it dream time with less sax and more guitar? It baffles me how soon the distinctness of memory fades :(
No, Dream Time wasn't performed, maybe you were thinking of Sally's Garden.
"Their chief failings in social competence are an inability to perceive themselves accurately and annoying others by their dominance and unsuitable jokes."

Michael Argyle
har

Post by har »

Right, hopefully got the hang of this now, here's the rest of mine, a bit more appropriately sized :wink:

and
Take a bow TD 8)

TDludo

Post by TDludo »

Marakesh wrote:
redziller wrote:was it dream time with less sax and more guitar? It baffles me how soon the distinctness of memory fades :(
No, Dream Time wasn't performed, maybe you were thinking of Sally's Garden.
I think it was "The Blue Bridge"... but not 100 % sure ! :)
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...