THE LOWRY - MANCHESTER - NEW TD CONCERT IN MAY 2011!!

T4N63R1N3 DR34M
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

The only bad point of the evening was that the sound from Thorsten's & Edgar's keyboards were very bassy (almost painful at times)
It had the undesirable effect of 'drowned out' everyone else which was quite sad as it effected the violinist the most

A couple of times it was almost like a bass pedal was stuck and went on for ages before it was sorted...

For me, the 2nd set was far better than the first. There were 3 or 4 tracks I thought were rather poor, particularly the ones before and after Logos 2011.

Set 2 however was excellent, Carmel Calif, Fire On The Mountain, Morphong, Kiev Mission and the Mombassa Tuareg Remix with Bernie on guitar.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

I would have liked to have heard more of the violinist maybe next time as i'm sure she'll be playing at a few more gigs yet
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Really had a great time at the gig, thanks to Navel Of Light for coming along for the road trip, top guy. nice to meet some of the fans and also the band for the first time...got a few snaps which I will store away.

I enjoyed the whole weekend including the long coach trip, good company and good music helped.

I hope for another UK gig outside of London soon.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

homeless wrote:Superb... 8)

The last encore, I reckon it's a rework @ Livemiles part2 end section (Berlin)
Has that piece got a name?

Excellent once again.

homeless
The end section of Livemiles Part 2 was a rework of Dolphin Dance. The new rework is even better 8)
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
homeless

Post by homeless »

Cheers D_V

Still recovering....

:D
homeless

Post by homeless »

8) :wink:

homeless
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Nice photo there, homeless :)

I must say that I absolutely loved the new version of Cool at Heart, and think it was the first part of the encore 8)
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
redziller

Post by redziller »

For what it's worth...

I can't argue that the sound balance wasn't what I'd come to expect - my guess is that the local engineers didn't have the experience for a TD gig. Oftentimes I had to take a visual cue from what Iris, Linda, Bernie and Hoshiko Yamane and then try to focus on their lines. Iris and Linda seemed especially remote due to the shallow stage, which was a shame.

That said I was very glad to have made the trip - intrigued by the unreleased track "calumet" (I know it's unreleased 'cos it said so on the tracklist handed out, which I quickly avoided reading :wink:, enjoying the surprise of each track). And I hope to hear the full Kiew Mission which had some treated vocals replacing the originals.

It's at times like these, I think it's a real shame that there are some great fans who don't find this forum a natural place to post after a gig, though I get why.

Anyhoo - backstage EF's spirit was clearly as powerful as ever
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
harry

NNNIIICCCEEE

Post by harry »

mr harry enjoyed the concert, it was the first time he had heard the music from 'fay', although purchased 'fay' when became available- have now listened to and enjoyed 'fay', now to listen to 'window'... wish there were some visuals, i miss the stuff like oasis, or on 220 volt video......more graphics and timelapse clouds and planets spinning around please.... NNNIIICCCEEE 8)
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
la sagesse du destin

Post by la sagesse du destin »

redziller wrote:For what it's worth...

I can't argue that the sound balance wasn't what I'd come to expect - my guess is that the local engineers didn't have the experience for a TD gig. Oftentimes I had to take a visual cue from what Iris, Linda, Bernie and Hoshiko Yamane and then try to focus on their lines. Iris and Linda seemed especially remote due to the shallow stage, which was a shame.

That said I was very glad to have made the trip - intrigued by the unreleased track "calumet" (I know it's unreleased 'cos it said so on the tracklist handed out, which I quickly avoided reading :wink:, enjoying the surprise of each track). And I hope to hear the full Kiew Mission which had some treated vocals replacing the originals.

It's at times like these, I think it's a real shame that there are some great fans who don't find this forum a natural place to post after a gig, though I get why.

Anyhoo - backstage EF's spirit was clearly as powerful as ever
Please, on the photo who is the man between Thorsten and Iris ?

Charles
Infinite thanks to all the peoples from Eastgate and TD for the Japan Raffle.
www.tangram-dream.fr
Red Morpho

Post by Red Morpho »

The legendary Brian Grey :D :wink: :D

T'was a very pleasant surprise to see Mr May make a quick appearance at the Fan meet, have been a fan since I heard Death on Two Legs back in 75/76
You can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink...but if you get it to float's on it's back then you've got something...
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

That's a very nice photo, really ! 8)
But I don't recognize this bearded man between Iris and Thorsten, neither...
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

For what it's worth, some impressions about the Lowry concert...

As already said, the main problem was the sound balance : sometimes, the low frequencies from the keyboards were nearly hiding everything else (and caused uncomfortable vibrations)... :?

I thought the track list was quite surprising, with many tracks played live for the first time (from Island of the Fey and the new CDs)... and other tracks already played too many times (in my opinion). But globally interesting and we had very nice encores ! 8)

Hoshiko's violin was a great add to the music (when not masked by the keyboards) and Bernhard's guitar sounded terrific.
I liked the lightnings : simple but with many variations in colours and effects.
Regarding the meet and greet with the band... well, I guess it replaced the "merch scrum" ! :lol: But it's very nice to have the opportunity to say a few words to them...

So it was globally a great experience, and it's always a pleasure to discuss with TD fans (some discussions were quite mad). Thanks, guys ! :)
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
Cyclone

Post by Cyclone »

TDludo wrote:... But I don't recognize this bearded man between Iris and Thorsten, neither...
Christian Stettner?