ASTORIA 20TH APRIL 2007

Hobo
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:
24db wrote: so were you mate ;)
:oops: I get verbose after I've partaken of spicy meat based comestibles! (or it could be the beer!). :wink:
nah..it was the meat based thang...you were fine up to that point, after that you claimed you were Edgar's love child...so Nickie and myself had to leave ;)
No idle claim, methinks. The similarity is quite startling! :wink:
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Just wanted to post how impressed I was with Iris's drumming last Friday. Apart from being well down in the mix in the first half of the show, shw played a blinder.

That's all.

You can carry on with whatever you were doing now.

Just had to get that off my chest.

I'll be going now.

Buy.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Chris Monk wrote:Just wanted to post how impressed I was with Iris's drumming last Friday. Apart from being well down in the mix in the first half of the show, shw played a blinder.

That's all.

I'll be going now.

Buy.
Chris
I spent most of the night looking at her chest :shock: :o :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

epsilon75 wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:Just wanted to post how impressed I was with Iris's drumming last Friday. Apart from being well down in the mix in the first half of the show, shw played a blinder.

That's all.

I'll be going now.

Buy.
Chris

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll: :wink:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

epsilon75 wrote:

That's all.

I'll be going now.

Buy.
Chris
Didn't notice my self............... cough. :oops:
coldwater

Post by coldwater »

Chris Monk wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:

That's all.

I'll be going now.

Buy.
Chris
Didn't notice my self............... cough. :oops:
love the way she kept smiling - bought the misses a set of drums; well, it floats my boat.
Its only the hairs on a gooseberry that stops it from being a grape...a penguin is just a posh bourbon.
Wolfman

Post by Wolfman »

Is it really a week since the concert? I've been a bit of a daze since that night and am only just coming down to earth.

I was really sorry not to be able to get to the Jack Horner and meet up with more of you but - as anyone who knows me will realise - it was not unwillingness to do so but simply that the pub was a walk to far and that I'm not good standing around in crowds, which makes such meetings a bit of a problem.

Although I missed quite a few people (such as Andy and the others I've met at previous fan meetings) that I would have liked to have said hello to I was fortunate enough to catch quite a few of you at the Astoria. Many thanks and greetings again to all of you guys who spotted me and came and had a chat. Good to see you again Stephen, Peter, the two Micks, Peter (looking really good) and all those others whose names I shamefacedly admit have slipped from my mind following the excitement of the show and the copious quantities of whiskey my mate, Rob, and lad, Ade, ferried to me during the performance. Ade actually overheard Mick (Hobo) mention my name and was able to show him where we were sitting and so we managed a quick chat during the show and then again after the performance. And, of course, not to forget meeting Jon (BigMoog) for the first time after months of nearly wetting myself laughing at his posts. Thanks for the CD, Jon, loved it. I'll post to you shortly.

The whole day went without a hitch and it definitely ranks in my mind as one of the best TD concerts I've seen. By which I also mean the best of any concerts I've seen. I marginally prefer it to the amazing SBE 2005 although I've argued long and hard with Ade, who also came with me to that show, about this. Mate, Rob, who came also came with me and isn't a committed TD fan, was blown away and rushed down to the merchandising stall to get a couple of copies of MFD for himself and one of his friends as soon as the concert ended.

All in all, a great day, great people, great band and great performance.
24db

Post by 24db »

Glad you had such a good time John, hope I can catch you another time
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:Glad you had such a good time John, hope I can catch you another time
Andy
Answer your phone mate :wink: :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

It was great to see you at the Astoria John and I'm glad I had the chance to chat with you and Ade (albeit, too briefly). I hope we can get together soon, to continue our discussions.

Cheers,

Mick
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:Glad you had such a good time John, hope I can catch you another time
Andy
Answer your phone mate :wink: :arrow:
I did :)
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

It was great to see you John - and a pleasant surprise to see you on the steps before and after! It's a pity TD don't choose a venue like the RFH again where there were bars we could sit in... maybe next time?

Cheers for now (and I hope your goodies arrive tomorrow!)
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
planetdalek

Post by planetdalek »

Has everybody read the FAQ on this website regarding the RFH gig? It was an eye-opener for me!