ASTORIA 20TH APRIL 2007

batman
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by batman »

HarryPotter No7 wrote:I loved this concert very much, even the MFD part, I just hope it will get a DVD release soon.

Here's a few photos I took from the balcony:

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Very good photo from excellent memories :wink:
I was fornt......
-IN THE SPACE AND STILL FARTHER-
(BUZZ LIGHTYEAR)
www.myspace.com/via2754
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Cracking photos mate...........the epsilon swede is prominent again :oops: :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Hobo

Re: Another voice in the crowd

Post by Hobo »

Guy wrote:After stalking this group for many months, here's my first post.

Been a TD fan since 1982. But to be honest, I lost track of them over the last couple of years. The posts here have helped me to get me interested again. The mention of the London gig here many months ago got me really excited. So I was there last Friday and enjoyed every minute of it. I do like MFD. I think the album contains some really beautiful songs which seem to strike a chord with me (maybe I am getting old :wink:). It actually brought tears to my eyes hearing the eighties tracks. I kind of grew up with that music. Great stuff.

As for the 'music coming of a hard disk'. Although it is a bit annoying to see someone hitting a drum frantically without hearing a sound coming out, I did not let that ruin the experience. If you think about it, this was a one off gig. For them to do the music live would have required a lot of work. That seems to be very expensive for a single performance. TD is not a charity after all.

Again, thanks to all the fans on this site to keep the TD flame burning. Looking forward to the next concert! Maybe the next time I will be able to talk to some of the other fans.
Welcome to the forum Guy. Don't be shy next time, just come up and say hello!
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

batman wrote:
HarryPotter No7 wrote:I loved this concert very much, even the MFD part, I just hope it will get a DVD release soon.

Here's a few photos I took from the balcony:

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Very good photo from excellent memories :wink:
I was fornt......
Thanks for the photos HP7. I hope the lights shining off my head didn't distract you too much! :wink:
Janus

Post by Janus »

Nice pics HP7 thanks for sharing them 8) :D
http://heyzradio.com
For Tim - Always in our thoughts and hearts, the dream remains the same
Guy

Post by Guy »

Hobo wrote:

Been a TD fan since 1982. But to be honest, I lost track of them over the last couple of years. The posts here have helped me to get me interested again. The mention of the London gig here many months ago got me really excited. So I was there last Friday and enjoyed every minute of it. I do like MFD. I think the album contains some really beautiful songs which seem to strike a chord with me (maybe I am getting old :wink:). It actually brought tears to my eyes hearing the eighties tracks. I kind of grew up with that music. Great stuff.

As for the 'music coming of a hard disk'. Although it is a bit annoying to see someone hitting a drum frantically without hearing a sound coming out, I did not let that ruin the experience. If you think about it, this was a one off gig. For them to do the music live would have required a lot of work. That seems to be very expensive for a single performance. TD is not a charity after all.

Again, thanks to all the fans on this site to keep the TD flame burning. Looking forward to the next concert! Maybe the next time I will be able to talk to some of the other fans.
I was in the Jack Horner that evening. was sipping a beer on my own at the bar waiting for a mate. I regret now not walking over to anyone with a TD t-shirt on for a chat.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Im sure you would have been made very welcome Guy 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
timer

Post by timer »

epsilon75 wrote:Im sure you would have been made very welcome Guy 8)
Too true Guy, I had only met one person who attended the meeting prior to Friday and the people I subsequently met were really sound cool dudes.
24db

Post by 24db »

Guy wrote:
Hobo wrote:

I was in the Jack Horner that evening. was sipping a beer on my own at the bar waiting for a mate. I regret now not walking over to anyone with a TD t-shirt on for a chat.
watch out for the ones in t-shirts ;)
I know what you mean though, I knew far more faces at the pub, but I didn't say hello to all of them as they didn't know me.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote:
Guy wrote:
Hobo wrote: Welcome to the forum Guy. Don't be shy next time, just come up and say hello!
watch out for the ones in t-shirts ;)
I know what you mean though, I knew far more faces at the pub, but I didn't say hello to all of them as they didn't know me.
On the other hand, I introduced myself to lots of people, outsayed my welcome and generally made a nuisance of myself! :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

Sounds like a great night to me mate ;) fancy a pasty?
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote:Sounds like a great night to me mate ;) fancy a pasty?
:shock: Now you're talking!
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:
so were you mate ;)
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:
so were you mate ;)
:oops: I get verbose after I've partaken of spicy meat based comestibles! (or it could be the beer!). :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:
Hobo wrote: :shock: Now you're talking!
so were you mate ;)
:oops: I get verbose after I've partaken of spicy meat based comestibles! (or it could be the beer!). :wink:
nah..it was the meat based thang...you were fine up to that point, after that you claimed you were Edgar's love child...so Nickie and myself had to leave ;)