"SONIC UNIVERSE" CONCERT TENERIFE - TICKET SALES

tdfan
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by tdfan »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote: Just need scans of an airline ticket and hotel voucher now :lol:
dont worry, I will post those soon ;-)
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

tdfan wrote:Delivered by UPS today...

How MUCH did you pay for delivery?
public class Geeks : IEarth { }
tdfan

Post by tdfan »

GlynRichards wrote: How MUCH did you pay for delivery?
Yes, I know there is only one word for it: robbery. Ticketmaster Spain wants 40 euros for International delivery! You can also pick it up at their ticket office in Santa Cruz but it has to be three days in advance so that was not an option for me.
xsaram3

Post by xsaram3 »

Realy hoping to get to this one, looking at maybe taking a five night break
culminating in the concert

frankly shocked at ticket price and 40 euro delivery charge!
maybe we should organise a group booking so we only have to pay the one delivery fee, If its split between 10 or more it wouldnt be soo bad!
Any thoughts as to duration of concert? I see TD are billed to perform at 9pm, what are chances of 3+ hours gig or will it only be a couple of hours.

hoping to confirm arrangements in a week or two
" Eat Sh1t, a million flies can't be wrong"
Diamondsndust

Post by Diamondsndust »

xsaram3 wrote: frankly shocked at ticket price and 40 euro delivery charge!
maybe we should organise a group booking so we only have to pay the one delivery fee, If its split between 10 or more it wouldnt be soo bad!
I totally agree about the 40 euro charge - I can't see many of us 'regulars' going to this one for just this reason. If you can get the interest in a group booking you can add me to the list.
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
xsaram3

Post by xsaram3 »

Diamondsndust wrote:
xsaram3 wrote: frankly shocked at ticket price and 40 euro delivery charge!
I totally agree about the 40 euro charge - I can't see many of us 'regulars' going to this one for just this reason. If you can get the interest in a group booking you can add me to the list.
bugger!!!
just seen a max of 6 tickets per purchase!
still 6.66 euros better than 20

might go on the monday, get a few days in the sun, plenty of pre concert drinking and pick up tickets in santa cruz (even if it is the wrong end of the island!)
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

I've decided to not bother with this one. For these reasons:

Pros:
  • It's TD, nuff said.
    All new music
Cons:
  • Ticket prices
    Delivery prices
    Flight prices (£160+)
    Accomodation
    It's only going to be a 1.5 hour gig.
    The missus is away that weekend too, so she can't come and I'll have to find somewhere for Ellis to go.
Sadly, I can't justify what will ultimately be a £600 expenditure for a short gig. With redundancy looming ever closer too.

I'll wait to see what happens closer to home. :)
tdfan

Post by tdfan »

Sorry to hear that you are not going :(

Found this on the Starmus blog..

""Sonic Universe", will be the first ever concert to blend music and real acoustic sounds from the stars. Astronomy and space travel will be the sole themes of the entire concert, which will include spectacular electronic special effects. Several Tangerine Dream favourites will also be performed.

STARMUS will be a once-in-a-lifetime chance to hear this music, which is not part of Tangerine Dream's normal tour repertoire. This "must" for all cosmic music fans will also include a glittering line-up of special guests from the world of music (names to be given shortly).

Seats are limited, so book now!

- 'This is going to be the most exciting concert for all space and electronic music enthusiasts.' (Edgar Froese)"

http://starmus.com/pages/en/cosmic-gig- ... ival99.php
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

Wonderful... but I couldn't afford the expenses (travel, hotel, etc.). :(
So I REALLY HOPE that it will be recorded for a future DVD ! :)
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

TDludo wrote:Wonderful... but I couldn't afford the expenses (travel, hotel, etc.). :(
So I REALLY HOPE that it will be recorded for a future DVD ! :)
I guess it WILL be recorded. Sounds like it's a unique event !
Justin

Post by Justin »

'..special guests' eh?!
Look for the sounds of Digital Horizons at http://digitalhorizons.bandcamp.com/ and on iTunes, CDBaby, Amazon Downloads and Reverbnation.
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

Justin wrote:'..special guests' eh?!
Johannes ? Chris ? Peter ? Klaus ?
Okay, I'm just joking... :oops:
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

tdfan wrote:Sorry to hear that you are not going :(

Found this on the Starmus blog..

""Sonic Universe", will be the first ever concert to blend music and real acoustic sounds from the stars. Astronomy and space travel will be the sole themes of the entire concert, which will include spectacular electronic special effects. Several Tangerine Dream favourites will also be performed.

STARMUS will be a once-in-a-lifetime chance to hear this music, which is not part of Tangerine Dream's normal tour repertoire. This "must" for all cosmic music fans will also include a glittering line-up of special guests from the world of music (names to be given shortly).

Seats are limited, so book now!

- 'This is going to be the most exciting concert for all space and electronic music enthusiasts.' (Edgar Froese)"

http://starmus.com/pages/en/cosmic-gig- ... ival99.php
I don't think I'll be the only one in this situation. Baring a lottery win of 5 ore more numbers I'll sit this one out. :cry:
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

xsaram3 wrote:Realy hoping to get to this one, looking at maybe taking a five night break

Any thoughts as to duration of concert? I see TD are billed to perform at 9pm, what are chances of 3+ hours gig or will it only be a couple of hours.

I was under the impression that it was going to be 1.5 hours. I'm sure I read this somewhere, but I can't remember where.
xsaram3

Post by xsaram3 »

GlynRichards wrote:
xsaram3 wrote:Realy hoping to get to this one, looking at maybe taking a five night break

I was under the impression that it was going to be 1.5 hours. I'm sure I read this somewhere, but I can't remember where.
Hmmm does seem a lot of expense for an hour and half!!
still considering making a short holiday and topping out with the gig.

guess if the band were to announce another "regular" gig in UK or mainland Europe anytime soon would make descision a lot easier!

Help us out here EB please.