TD 1982-11-25 at Stadthalle Karl-Marx-Stadt, East Germany

Cyclone
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

TD 1982-11-25 at Stadthalle Karl-Marx-Stadt, East Germany

Post by Cyclone »

28 years before, on Thursday, November 25th 1982 I experienced my first TD concert at the Stadthalle Karl-Marx-Stadt (now Chemnitz, my hometown), East Germany.
This was something quite special at that time because only few western bands played in East Germany and if, there was no chance to get tickets. Mostly, such concerts were hardly announced publicly and privileged people got access only.
But out of the blue my 16 years old brother surprised me with a whole handful tickets which he got - I do not know how.
We enjoyed the concert very much but I don't have many memories. I sat at the right balcony and had good view on the stage. The stage was decorated with pink long cloths which hung on the hall ceiling. We were impressed by the many keyboards - as far as I remember each worksation had one Minimoog (CF's had two?). It was a typical Logos concert presumable - but I only remember of White Eagle - one of the encores.
Direct contact with the musicians was not permitted but I remember at the end of the concert EF came to the edge of the stage and shook many hands.
My ticket I gave Andy for his collection. Some time ago I asked people of the Stadthalle whether they still have any information (pictures?) of this concert in their archives, but they haven't.
Unfortunately, one cannot reverse the time ...
bigmoog

Re: TD 1982-11-25 at Stadthalle Karl-Marx-Stadt, East German

Post by bigmoog »

Cyclone wrote:Image
28 years before, on Thursday, November 25th 1982 I experienced my first TD concert at the Stadthalle Karl-Marx-Stadt (now Chemnitz, my hometown), East Germany.
This was something quite special at that time because only few western bands played in East Germany and if, there was no chance to get tickets. Mostly, such concerts were hardly announced publicly and privileged people got access only.
But out of the blue my 16 years old brother surprised me with a whole handful tickets which he got - I do not know how.
We enjoyed the concert very much but I don't have many memories. I sat at the right balcony and had good view on the stage. The stage was decorated with pink long cloths which hung on the hall ceiling. We were impressed by the many keyboards - as far as I remember each worksation had one Minimoog (CF's had two?). It was a typical Logos concert presumable - but I only remember of White Eagle - one of the encores.
Direct contact with the musicians was not permitted but I remember at the end of the concert EF came to the edge of the stage and shook many hands.
My ticket I gave Andy for his collection. Some time ago I asked people of the Stadthalle whether they still have any information (pictures?) of this concert in their archives, but they haven't.
Unfortunately, one cannot reverse the time ...

what a wonderful memory of a historic TD gig :D 8)
...The wise.....are silent.....
Patchlead

Post by Patchlead »

Yes great memories! Thanks! :)
TangFanIRL

Post by TangFanIRL »

Thanks for sharing!