TD Tree question

Erik
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

TD Tree question

Post by Erik »

has anyone ever encountered this problem: in a volume in the tree series, the sound quality will be wildly inconsistent for one or two tracks. for example, all of the tracks will have what sounds like fairly low quality, and one or two tracks will have amazing quality, and they'll sound like they don't even belong.

anyone?
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Been a long time since I listened to my Tree recordings but I seem to remember that some concert recordings were markedly better than others but the quality of the recording stayed roughly the same over the whole recording.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Cyclone

Re: TD Tree question

Post by Cyclone »

Erik wrote:has anyone ever encountered this problem: in a volume in the tree series, the sound quality will be wildly inconsistent for one or two tracks. for example, all of the tracks will have what sounds like fairly low quality, and one or two tracks will have amazing quality, and they'll sound like they don't even belong.

anyone?
Which volume you refer to?
TheMan

Re: TD Tree question

Post by TheMan »

Erik wrote:has anyone ever encountered this problem: in a volume in the tree series, the sound quality will be wildly inconsistent for one or two tracks. for example, all of the tracks will have what sounds like fairly low quality, and one or two tracks will have amazing quality, and they'll sound like they don't even belong.

anyone?
to make concerts as complete as possible, I believe some Tree volumes are compiled from multiple sources.
Erik

Post by Erik »

^ well if that is the case, they are pretty good at making that seamless track transition.

but i'm starting to think that they are just alt recordings of the same show. if they compiled different tracks, i doubt the quality would vary that much. i ended up searching for volumes 74, 57 and 60, because some tracks needed some replacement. ALL of 57 sounded terrible. went and got it again, and it sounded great. it's still kind of a mystery how those get into the mix somehow...
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
Patchlead

Post by Patchlead »

Erik wrote:ALL of 57 sounded terrible. went and got it again, and it sounded great. it's still kind of a mystery how those get into the mix somehow...
Yes that is most strange.

Some parts were again released with better sound quality. But I cannot think volume 57 was one of them.

Some of the gathering volumes "assorted secrets" have different sound quality for tracks.
Erik

Post by Erik »

that i would believe is correct. and if anything, i just had a different fan recording