Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

* FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on Performances
 Post subject: 'optical limits'
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:25 pm 

does anybody know the correct date and venue of this show? i've seen it labeled as 1988.09.09 (the date of tangerine tree vol. 42), but i'm pretty sure that isn't the same show, based on the track order and the transitions, there's just no way it's the same day.

i've also seen it dated as 1988.09.04, but i don't think they even had a show on that day.

Post subject: Re: 'optical limits'
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:49 pm 

Erik wrote:
does anybody know the correct date and venue of this show? i've seen it labeled as 1988.09.09 (the date of tangerine tree vol. 42), but i'm pretty sure that isn't the same show, based on the track order and the transitions, there's just no way it's the same day.

i've also seen it dated as 1988.09.04, but i don't think they even had a show on that day.

I would answer you as I have the CDR and a date in front of me, but Im trying to log into another TD forum at the moment and it appears the admin has locked me out :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: oh woe is the BM woe....'tis very sad innit :P :P

Post subject: Re: 'optical limits'
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:51 pm 

bigmoog wrote:
Erik wrote:

I would answer you as I have the CDR and a date in front of me, but Im trying to log into another TD forum at the moment and it appears the admin has locked me out :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: oh woe is the BM woe....'tis very sad innit :P :P

Ask his right hand man to let you in :wink: :arrow:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:10 am 

i do believe there is a chance it's 09.06, a show in boston

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:23 pm 

Zebbyworld has some good concert date info if you don't know that site already:

http://www.aztec.ms

then navigate to 1988 tourdates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:59 pm 

Erik wrote:

Seems so, yes. From the TD Bootleg Tracklisting:
Quote:
OPTICAL LIMITS
Recorded September 6, 1988 Boston, MA, USA, except [Alexander Square] from unknown venue.
(The music material has been taken from Spherical Harmonics and improved, including
cross-fades that were not present on the original to give a 'virtual live' effect.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:05 am 

ah, i should have known to check that site. thank you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:52 am 

I'm kinda curious what "crossfades" means BTW. Weren't the '88 concerts (just like almost everything from TD) well bridged, with no real pauses for extra applause?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:57 pm 

Erik wrote:

Erik, if you're looking for specific data, the show was recorded at the Sommerville Theater in Sommerville, Massachusetts - not in the city of Boston as most records show (but in a suburb of).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:28 pm 

reviewed the next day in the The Boston Globe (Tangerine Dream’s astral journeys) by Steve Morse

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:32 pm 

24db wrote:
reviewed the next day in the The Boston Globe (Tangerine Dream’s astral journeys) by Steve Morse

Super show - but odd that the gig was excluded from the tour shirts (as it was scheduled to be part of the tour from the get-go).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:36 pm 

Beaubourg wrote:
24db wrote:

Super show - but odd that the gig was excluded from the tour shirts (as it was scheduled to be part of the tour from the get-go).

plus 'at least' 2 other gigs that were cancelled (between TD's tour poster being printed and the gigs)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:58 pm 

Beaubourg wrote:
Erik wrote:

Erik, if you're looking for specific data, the show was recorded at the Sommerville Theater in Sommerville, Massachusetts - not in the city of Boston as most records show (but in a suburb of).

thank you very much!

i also have a Radio Eins recording from 2001. i know they had a few from that year, but i'm not sure what specific date. it's called "Listener's Poll".

Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on Performances All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Jump to: