TD to play live with Terry Riley?

Hobo
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:a lot of the minimalists are something of an aquired taste (and I can't say I like a lot of it myself), sometimes the 'process' or 'theory' behind the music is more interesting than the final result. I would recommend Rileys' A Rainbow in Curved Air, 'if' you like Reich's Music for 18 Musicians or some of Phillip Glass's more sparse tracks. 'If' the TD/Riley concert is more than a rumour then it at least shows that TD aren't dead and are prepared to be experimental even after 40 years.
I would prefer TD didn't spring a surprise of this nature at the Astoria. If they want to bring on a guest musician, let it be Johannes, or if they're really in the mood to shock, CF or PB! :wink:
you've got more chance of god turning up, besides Johannes said no, Chris said where's my lawyer and Peter just said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ?
Awwwww! and I was so counting on a reunion! :wink:
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:a lot of the minimalists are something of an aquired taste (and I can't say I like a lot of it myself), sometimes the 'process' or 'theory' behind the music is more interesting than the final result. I would recommend Rileys' A Rainbow in Curved Air, 'if' you like Reich's Music for 18 Musicians or some of Phillip Glass's more sparse tracks. 'If' the TD/Riley concert is more than a rumour then it at least shows that TD aren't dead and are prepared to be experimental even after 40 years.
I would prefer TD didn't spring a surprise of this nature at the Astoria. If they want to bring on a guest musician, let it be Johannes, or if they're really in the mood to shock, CF or PB! :wink:

Thats not going to happen Mick :arrow: but it would be nice :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

I have felt a tremor in the FROESE.........

felt it I have : a surprise at asss toria, I foresee
...The wise.....are silent.....
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

epsilon75 wrote:
Hobo wrote:

Thats not going to happen Mick :arrow: but it would be nice :arrow:
I was only joking Colin. Sadly, it is unlikely we will ever see a reunion with CF or PB. I haven't given up hope of a guest performance by JS sometime over the next year, though!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Out of them all i certainly think IMHO that JS would be the most likely to appear somewhere in the future...........But even that is a small chance me thinks :arrow:
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

epsilon75 wrote:Out of them all i certainly think IMHO that JS would be the most likely to appear somewhere in the future...........But even that is a small chance me thinks :arrow:
I think EF may eventually persuade him. I think it really boils down to Johannes lack of belief in his ability to play in a live setting. You've only got to watch the Poland DVD, to see he should have no worries in this department.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Hobo wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:Out of them all i certainly think IMHO that JS would be the most likely to appear somewhere in the future...........But even that is a small chance me thinks :arrow:
I think EF may eventually persuade him. I think it really boils down to Johannes lack of belief in his ability to play in a live setting. You've only got to watch the Poland DVD, to see he should have no worries in this department.
I think it goes beyond that Mick,ive been told by a reliable source it is down to JS having a problem with his hearing,i understandably wont discuss that here :wink: :arrow:
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

epsilon75 wrote:
Hobo wrote:
I think it goes beyond that Mick,ive been told by a reliable source it is down to JS having a problem with his hearing,i understandably wont discuss that here :wink: :arrow:
I'd still like to see it happen. Just to have him stand on the same stage again, would be a real treat! :D
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Well i agree Mick.............it would be an emotional moment for us for sure :D
timer

Post by timer »

epsilon75 wrote:
Hobo wrote:
If JS has a hearing problem this is terrible news, m only an amrtuer musician and my hearing was seriously altered in my teens when i thought it cool to play as loud as I could !. Along with three night stints of Motorhead !.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

timer wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Hobo wrote: I think EF may eventually persuade him. I think it really boils down to Johannes lack of belief in his ability to play in a live setting. You've only got to watch the Poland DVD, to see he should have no worries in this department.
If JS has a hearing problem this is terrible news, m only an amrtuer musician and my hearing was seriously altered in my teens when i thought it cool to play as loud as I could !. Along with three night stints of Motorhead !.
It didn't slow Beethoven down, but then he didn't have Motorhead to contend with!
timer

Post by timer »

No and I don't have Motorhead to contend with anymore, as I have now reached that milestone in maturity (40!) it seems only sensible to stop seeing them.
Mind you at the SBE 2005 gig my hearing was distorting !.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

timer wrote:No and I don't have Motorhead to contend with anymore, as I have now reached that milestone in maturity (40!) it seems only sensible to stop seeing them.
Mind you at the SBE 2005 gig my hearing was distorting !.
Faye couldn't hear for three days after SBE 2005. I had a slight ringing post gig, that wore off after 15 mins.
timer

Post by timer »

Excuse my complete and utter ignorrance, but is this the same chappy who's worked with Mike Oldfield ? Years ago.
Seeker_UK

Post by Seeker_UK »

timer wrote:Excuse my complete and utter ignorrance, but is this the same chappy who's worked with Mike Oldfield ? Years ago.
They've never worked together but Mike cited Terry's "Rainbow in Curved Air" as a major influence on that opening ostinato in TB.