TD to play live with Terry Riley?

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

I seem to remember that Mike was a fan of Philip Glass as well, I seem to remember there was a track on Platinum?
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:I seem to remember that Mike was a fan of Philip Glass as well, I seem to remember there was a track on Platinum?

You are spot on Andy,Phillip Glass arranged the four instrumental tracks on Platinum :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Seeker_UK

Post by Seeker_UK »

24db wrote:I seem to remember that Mike was a fan of Philip Glass as well, I seem to remember there was a track on Platinum?
I bought PG's "North Star" on the strength of that - the original version was a bit, ahem, was a bit 'different', ahem. Not as 'loose' as MO's version.

If anyone here has heard it - I think "The Draize Train" by the Smiths is like a funkier version of "North Star"
24db

Post by 24db »

Seeker_UK wrote:
I bought PG's "North Star" on the strength of that - the original version was a bit, ahem, was a bit 'different', ahem. Not as 'loose' as MO's version.

If anyone here has heard it - I think "The Draize Train" by the Smiths is like a funkier version of "North Star"
not good then? I always wanted to track it down but never got round to it. I really like Glass's other stuff
Seeker_UK

Post by Seeker_UK »

24db wrote:not good then? I always wanted to track it down but never got round to it. I really like Glass's other stuff
If you're a fan of Glass anyway, you'll love it.

Nearest recording I can think of is Glassworks but with more cheesy organ :D
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Seeker_UK wrote:
24db wrote:not good then? I always wanted to track it down but never got round to it. I really like Glass's other stuff
If you're a fan of Glass anyway, you'll love it.

Nearest recording I can think of is Glassworks but with more cheesy organ :D
Cheesy Organ :arrow: ive got the same problem :shock: :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/shows/freakzone/

Stuart Maconie will playing Terry's A Rainbow in Curved Air on BBC radio 6 tonight, just in case anybody wants to check it out
hansx

Post by hansx »

Seeker_UK wrote:

But the original is much better then the Oldfield version which is not bad either. But it doesn't have the Glass atmosphere.
24db

Post by 24db »

hansx wrote:
Seeker_UK wrote:

But the original is much better then the Oldfield version which is not bad either. But it doesn't have the Glass atmosphere.
most of Glass's stuff is really good
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

I really wonder exactly how the TD/TR gig would have been on 7.10.2007... if it had gone ahead......it may well have been the greatest TD gig ever :idea:
...The wise.....are silent.....
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

bigmoog wrote:I really wonder exactly how the TD/TR gig would have been on 7.10.2007... if it had gone ahead......it may well have been the greatest TD gig ever :idea:
I think it would have been much more interesting to witness Edgar as the humble apprentice. At least this Greatest Hits concert included three perfect new tracks.

Did we ever get a statement from Riley himself?
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Pertou wrote:
bigmoog wrote:I really wonder exactly how the TD/TR gig would have been on 7.10.2007... if it had gone ahead......it may well have been the greatest TD gig ever :idea:
I think it would have been much more interesting to witness Edgar as the humble apprentice. At least this Greatest Hits concert included three perfect new tracks.

Did we ever get a statement from Riley himself?
There was something on his website at one time :arrow:
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Riley isn't really my thing I'm afraid, so it wouldn't have been the greatest IMO.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Hobo wrote:
Riley isn't really my thing I'm afraid, so it wouldn't have been the greatest IMO.
To be totally honest it did not matter on the evening as it was a cracker IMHO...... 8) :D
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

agreed

7.10.2007 was one hell of a wonderful TD concert : a classic
...The wise.....are silent.....