Is Edgar Ill?

Rogerthat
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Is Edgar Ill?

Post by Rogerthat »

Fantastic gig at the Albert Hall tonight. Just got back in. I and many around me at the gig were concerned for Edgar's health. He looks a shadow of his former self (from seeing him at the Kentish Town Forum in 2008) and has lost a lot of weight??
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

It is obvious that Edgar has been ill since November 2008, from my own experience, sudden and dramatic weight loss due to some sort of ailment is shocking to see and worrying. I for one am just glad that Edgar is under good care and is able to perform 5 concerts, 3 hours each with associated air travel etc and be ok.....

all the best Edgar :!:
...The wise.....are silent.....
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

I was right at the back in one of the boxes. During the first half, Edgar looked slumped over a keyboard. I was a bit concerned. I hope he is alright :D
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

he was in good form at the after show meet i'm sure he's been suffering of late but like bigmoog said illnesses have that effect on you.

His was back on form with his axe wielding which was great to see
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
A Hyperborean

Re: Is Edgar Ill?

Post by A Hyperborean »

Rogerthat wrote:Fantastic gig at the Albert Hall tonight. Just got back in. I and many around me at the gig were concerned for Edgar's health. He looks a shadow of his former self (from seeing him at the Kentish Town Forum in 2008) and has lost a lot of weight??
After watching the BBC "Krautrock" documentary last year I remarked that Edgar has lost weight and even my mother, who knows nothing about TD, said that he looked frail, -that his clothes were hanging off him. He looked a bit unsteady on his feet at the RAH concert, but I suppose a stage has cables and things to trip over beneath the strange lights, so you have to tread carefully. He does look frail though, so he should take a rest now and I wish him good health.
Tangerine Dream cleans my brain.
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

i think i read on here that after the Forum & Edinburgh shows in '08, TD flew to Los Angeles for the show there and Edgar was suffering with his back (lunbago?). His doctor advised him to stick to a diet and Edgar, been a very disciplined individual did just that. Im concerned too to see him looking frail but bear in mind his age..

Whatever, wishing you all the best of health EF.
harry

Post by harry »

i noticed the same as others,i was in forth row down at front, and at meet afterwards, TAKE CARE THERE MR EDGAR.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

I dont know if Edgar is ill or not but one thing is for sure at the age of 65 there is going to come a point sooner rather than later where he will not be able to peform live anymore. hopefully it wont be for a few more years yet but no one can go on forever!.

A few people were saying this could be the last concerts we see, I really hope that is not true.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Edgar is looking in very good shape blasting out one of his best Hamlet peformances ;-)
24db

Post by 24db »

Rogerthat wrote:Fantastic gig at the Albert Hall tonight. Just got back in. I and many around me at the gig were concerned for Edgar's health. He looks a shadow of his former self (from seeing him at the Kentish Town Forum in 2008) and has lost a lot of weight??
I hope Edgar continues for many more years to come, above and beyond just serving the music and therefore us, but just for his family and for the good of his long term health.

I've refrained from making any comments about his health recently, purely out of respect to Edgar and especially Bianca. So I'll just add that he's gentleman and I'm really lucky I spent some time in his company the other night.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

24db wrote:
I hope Edgar continues for many more years to come, above and beyond just serving the music and therefore us, but just for his family and for the good of his long term health.

I've refrained from making any comments about his health recently, purely out of respect to Edgar and especially Bianca. So I'll just add that he's gentleman and I'm really lucky I spent some time in his company the other night.

I send Edgar, Bianca and Jerome my best wishes
Last edited by bigmoog on Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...The wise.....are silent.....
timer

Post by timer »

Well I think this whole issue is extremely personal to both Edgar and Bianca , and should be treated as such.

It would therefore be far more constructive and uplifting to them, for us to carry on enjoying the TD experience as only we know how, and to encourage this beautifull work of art and sound to carry on , for as long as Edgar see's fit.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

timer wrote:Well I think this whole issue is extremely personal to both Edgar and Bianca , and should be treated as such.

It would therefore be far more constructive and uplifting to them, for us to carry on enjoying the TD experience as only we know how, and to encourage this beautifull work of art and sound to carry on , for as long as Edgar see's fit.
Well said.
redziller

Post by redziller »

cantosis wrote:
timer wrote:Well I think this whole issue is extremely personal to both Edgar and Bianca , and should be treated as such.

Well said.
I third that - TD may generate passions for us but we should respect the privacy of the people behind it. Edgar is a human being after all :!:
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
pb2rdf

Post by pb2rdf »

So, close the topic please.