Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

* FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on Performances
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:16 pm 

bigmoog wrote:
timer wrote:
bigmoog wrote:
Steve wrote:
What an amazing show. Very emotional, classic tracks, inspired musicianship, Edgar got up to play a guitar solo, & my personal highlight (one of many!), the band performed Cloudburst Flight. But what suprised me even more was my own emotional reaction when Tangerine Dream performed Song of the Whale from Underwater Sunlight.

Simply magical, & the perfect birthday present.

Thank you Edgar.

I found myself quite tearful listening to song of the whale and one night in space...... :arrow:

Its what TD do best - stir the emotions - maybe we should petition for an Official Box of TD tissue's for forthcoming gigs :roll: :wink:

one of the wondeful things to come out of the whole day, was that her indoors enjoyed it all, and her disdain for TD and TD fans has evaporated....again :lol: :P

Disdain for TD fans :!: :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:20 pm 

timer wrote:
bigmoog wrote:
timer wrote:
bigmoog wrote:
Steve wrote:
What an amazing show. Very emotional, classic tracks, inspired musicianship, Edgar got up to play a guitar solo, & my personal highlight (one of many!), the band performed Cloudburst Flight. But what suprised me even more was my own emotional reaction when Tangerine Dream performed Song of the Whale from Underwater Sunlight.

Simply magical, & the perfect birthday present.

Thank you Edgar.

I found myself quite tearful listening to song of the whale and one night in space...... :arrow:

Its what TD do best - stir the emotions - maybe we should petition for an Official Box of TD tissue's for forthcoming gigs :roll: :wink:

one of the wondeful things to come out of the whole day, was that her indoors enjoyed it all, and her disdain for TD and TD fans has evaporated....again :lol: :P

Disdain for TD fans :!: :(

Disdain for me that is :P :oops: :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:43 pm 

bigmoog wrote:
BM would like to thank the geezer sitting next to BM for eating huge cheese and onion quiches during the second half of the concert.....It really helped the ambience :oops:

How vile, I hate things like that although as I dont know what the hell I was doing I cant say anything :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:27 pm 

It was my favourite set-list I can remember - just the perfect balance of slow / fast, dramatic / relaxing, old / new. I also thought Linda's parts were much more integrated.

And thank god for the interval - my bladder was about to burst!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:00 am 

really appreciated the graphics....makes a big difference to me to have some of them going on in the background..........me stares at them a lot and sees them things you sees...... except the bit when the green stuff got stuck on the screen for ages......MMmmm......'AGES'...............HAMLET at the end...awesome...i wish they'd release a full version of the 220 VOLTS CONCERT. probably the easiest 'CONCERT PROCESS' ive ever experienced with T.D. It can be a bit of a mission at times (KIEV MISSION).......

Last edited by harry on Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:39 am 

harry wrote:
really appreciated the graphics....makes a big difference to me to have some of them going on in the background..........me stares at them a lot and sees them things you sees...... except the bit when the green stuff got stuck on the screen for ages......MMmmm......'AGES'...............HAMLET at the end...awesome...i wish they'd release a full version of the 220 VOLTS CONCERT. probably the easiest 'CONCERT PROCESS' ive ever exparienced with T.D. It can be a bit of a mission at times (KIEV MISSION).......

Try the Arizona CD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:40 am 

haven't listened to ARIZONA for some time...about time i listened to it again!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:35 pm 

24db wrote:
Btw did anyone spot Bernhard using the (Wii Games controller) on his guitar...and what the heck was that Green hand-held thing? it looked like a Bosch Sander!...whatever it was it made a great sound, very eerie

Hi Andy

Bernard told me it was a modified bosch sander & Wii controller something to do with the electomagnetics interfers with the pick ups

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:38 pm 

billythefish wrote:
It was my favourite set-list I can remember - just the perfect balance of slow / fast, dramatic / relaxing, old / new. I also thought Linda's parts were much more integrated.

And thank god for the interval - my bladder was about to burst!

I enjoyed the gig all the more as Linda's playing complimented the sets and didn't dominate.

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:40 pm 

alipaul wrote:
24db wrote:
Btw did anyone spot Bernhard using the (Wii Games controller) on his guitar...and what the heck was that Green hand-held thing? it looked like a Bosch Sander!...whatever it was it made a great sound, very eerie

Hi Andy

Bernard told me it was a modified bosch sander & Wii controller something to do with the electomagnetics interfers with the pick ups

Tried the same technique with a B & D jigsaw this morning ! Now have two halves of a guitar :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:48 pm 

alipaul wrote:
24db wrote:

Hi Andy

cheers Daz, that's what I thought...got to say it makes an incredible sound

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:50 pm 

24db wrote:
alipaul wrote:
24db wrote:

Hi Andy

Should have been on my side of the Table Andy ! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:51 pm 

timer wrote:
24db wrote:
alipaul wrote:
24db wrote:

Hi Andy

Should have been my side of the Table Andy ! :wink:

Nah...would have missed chatting to Linda :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:18 pm 

Other question , who didn't enjoy it?????????????? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:41 pm 

timer wrote:
Tried the same technique with a B & D jigsaw this morning ! Now have two halves of a guitar :(

@Tim
Some people are better in playing guitar as using a jigsaw ...... :D :oops:

Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on Performances All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5 [ 68 posts ] 

Jump to: