Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on Performances
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:05 pm
Posts: 11363
Location: Glasgow
bigmoog wrote:
The merch stall was mayhem....10+ deep all round.....lots of goodies....T shirts:-Alpha Centauri, Zeitgeist, posters.....cds.....great stuff...fairly efficiently served....but I felt knackered getting out of it....maybe never again....and Tim - did you get the missing CD?


:arrow:


Yes disc replaced and quantity increased ! TQ's a great guy . 8)

He found it highly amusing - that it was me who ended up with no disc and just the cover !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 14861
Location: 1975
timer wrote:
bigmoog wrote:
The merch stall was mayhem....10+ deep all round.....lots of goodies....T shirts:-Alpha Centauri, Zeitgeist, posters.....cds.....great stuff...fairly efficiently served....but I felt knackered getting out of it....maybe never again....and Tim - did you get the missing CD?


:arrow:


Yes disc replaced and quantity increased ! TQ's a great guy . 8)

He found it highly amusing - that it was me who ended up with no disc and just the cover !



good.....and what a excellent CD :D

_________________
...The wise.....are silent.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:05 pm
Posts: 11363
Location: Glasgow
bigmoog wrote:
timer wrote:
bigmoog wrote:
The merch stall was mayhem....10+ deep all round.....lots of goodies....T shirts:-Alpha Centauri, Zeitgeist, posters.....cds.....great stuff...fairly efficiently served....but I felt knackered getting out of it....maybe never again....and Tim - did you get the missing CD?


:arrow:


Yes disc replaced and quantity increased ! TQ's a great guy . 8)

He found it highly amusing - that it was me who ended up with no disc and just the cover !



good.....and what a excellent CD :D


I have to agree - some great music and variations in style - TQ is a very talented musician - that's why he's part of TD !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
Btw I've found a new Merchandise stand technique. Here's how it goes, you've got to wait until you're about two sweaty fans from the front or side (depending on preference, health or your ability to hold your breath) and as soon as you see a gap big enough...you place your hand on the counter...just your hand...nothing else. Then as people move away from the counter you slide your arm onto it (normally you'd have to move out to make room and then people slip in from the sides...still leaving you two away from the counter)...next it's up to the elbow and then your whole arm. Takes about 2 months to get to the front, but I guarentee you'll get served just in time for the 'ladies and gentlemen...please take your seats'

I'm calling it the James Herriot Bovine examination technique ;) it's trademarked...obviously


Last edited by 24db on Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:05 pm
Posts: 11363
Location: Glasgow
24db wrote:
Btw I've found a new Merchandise stand technique. Here's how it goes, you've got to wait until you're about two sweaty fans from the front or side (depending on preference, health or your ability to hold your breath) and as soon as you see a gap big enough...you place your hand on the counter...just your hand...nothing else. Then as people move away from the counter you slide your arm onto it (normally you'd have to move out to make room and then people slip in from the sides...still leaving you two away from the counter)...next it's up to the elbow and then your whole arm. Takes about 2 months to get to the front, but I guarentee you'll get served just in time for the 'ladies and gentlemen...please take your seats'

I'm calling in the James Herriot Bovine examination technique ;) it's trademarked...obviously



Image

Did you miss the sign at the Merch Stand ! :shock: :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 14861
Location: 1975
:lol: :lol:


BM survived the RAH merch melee :P :P :P :P

_________________
...The wise.....are silent.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:05 pm
Posts: 11363
Location: Glasgow
bigmoog wrote:
:lol: :lol:


BM survived the RAH merch melee :P :P :P :P



Still think a Crowd Surf is the quickest option :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 14861
Location: 1975
BM would like to thank the geezer sitting next to BM for eating huge cheese and onion quiches during the second half of the concert.....It really helped the ambience :oops:

_________________
...The wise.....are silent.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:16 am
Posts: 1979
Location: Banbury
24db wrote:
Btw I've found a new Merchandise stand technique. Here's how it goes, you've got to wait until you're about two sweaty fans from the front or side (depending on preference, health or your ability to hold your breath) and as soon as you see a gap big enough...you place your hand on the counter...just your hand...nothing else. Then as people move away from the counter you slide your arm onto it (normally you'd have to move out to make room and then people slip in from the sides...still leaving you two away from the counter)...next it's up to the elbow and then your whole arm. Takes about 2 months to get to the front, but I guarentee you'll get served just in time for the 'ladies and gentlemen...please take your seats'

I'm calling it the James Herriot Bovine examination technique ;) it's trademarked...obviously


My technique was to sprint at the interval it just about worked :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:05 pm
Posts: 11363
Location: Glasgow
bigmoog wrote:
BM would like to thank the geezer sitting next to BM for eating huge cheese and onion quiches during the second half of the concert.....It really helped the ambience :oops:


Didn't he offer you a nibble ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:45 pm
Posts: 54
Location: Surrey, UK
What an amazing show. Very emotional, classic tracks, inspired musicianship, Edgar got up to play a guitar solo, & my personal highlight (one of many!), the band performed Cloudburst Flight. But what suprised me even more was my own emotional reaction when Tangerine Dream performed Song of the Whale from Underwater Sunlight.

Simply magical, & the perfect birthday present.

Thank you Edgar.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 14861
Location: 1975
timer wrote:
bigmoog wrote:
BM would like to thank the geezer sitting next to BM for eating huge cheese and onion quiches during the second half of the concert.....It really helped the ambience :oops:


Didn't he offer you a nibble ?


too busy eating a huge bag of crisps, pasties, quiche....... :oops: :D

_________________
...The wise.....are silent.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 14861
Location: 1975
Steve wrote:
What an amazing show. Very emotional, classic tracks, inspired musicianship, Edgar got up to play a guitar solo, & my personal highlight (one of many!), the band performed Cloudburst Flight. But what suprised me even more was my own emotional reaction when Tangerine Dream performed Song of the Whale from Underwater Sunlight.

Simply magical, & the perfect birthday present.

Thank you Edgar.


I found myself quite tearful listening to song of the whale and one night in space...... :arrow:

_________________
...The wise.....are silent.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:05 pm
Posts: 11363
Location: Glasgow
bigmoog wrote:
Steve wrote:
What an amazing show. Very emotional, classic tracks, inspired musicianship, Edgar got up to play a guitar solo, & my personal highlight (one of many!), the band performed Cloudburst Flight. But what suprised me even more was my own emotional reaction when Tangerine Dream performed Song of the Whale from Underwater Sunlight.

Simply magical, & the perfect birthday present.

Thank you Edgar.


I found myself quite tearful listening to song of the whale and one night in space...... :arrow:



Its what TD do best - stir the emotions - maybe we should petition for an Official Box of TD tissue's for forthcoming gigs :roll: :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 14861
Location: 1975
timer wrote:
bigmoog wrote:
Steve wrote:
What an amazing show. Very emotional, classic tracks, inspired musicianship, Edgar got up to play a guitar solo, & my personal highlight (one of many!), the band performed Cloudburst Flight. But what suprised me even more was my own emotional reaction when Tangerine Dream performed Song of the Whale from Underwater Sunlight.

Simply magical, & the perfect birthday present.

Thank you Edgar.


I found myself quite tearful listening to song of the whale and one night in space...... :arrow:



Its what TD do best - stir the emotions - maybe we should petition for an Official Box of TD tissue's for forthcoming gigs :roll: :wink:



one of the wondeful things to come out of the whole day, was that her indoors enjoyed it all, and her disdain for TD and TD fans has evaporated....again :lol: :P

_________________
...The wise.....are silent.....


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on Performances All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5 [ 68 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage