td RAH ZEITGEIST 1.4.2010....THE RESULTS ARE IN

pb2rdf
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by pb2rdf »

hansx wrote:Other question , who didn't enjoy it?????????????? :)
If I say no, ...... am I lying ........? 8)
24db

Post by 24db »

timer wrote:
24db wrote:
alipaul wrote: Hi Andy

Bernard told me it was a modified bosch sander & Wii controller something to do with the electomagnetics interfers with the pick ups
cheers Daz, that's what I thought...got to say it makes an incredible sound
Should have been on my side of the Table Andy ! :wink:
No thanks, you were turning a very bright shade of red, TP 0, Chillies 1 ;)
timer

Post by timer »

24db wrote:
timer wrote:
24db wrote: cheers Daz, that's what I thought...got to say it makes an incredible sound
Should have been on my side of the Table Andy ! :wink:
No thanks, you were turning a very bright shade of red, TP 0, Chillies 1 ;)
I like ho t and spicy Indian food ! but everything I ate that night tasted really really ho t , even the my glass of beer (that kept refilling itself - Bernie !) couldnt quench the spice.

When the phone lines went down - momentarily stopping credit card payment - I had a strange vision of Edgar and Bianca in Marigolds ! :shock:
Fritter Jr.

Post by Fritter Jr. »

pb2rdf wrote:
I did enjoy it; the things I didn't like about it are probably related to the fact that I last saw them in 1982 - for this old fart, TD need a percussionist and a leather-trousered rock god like the Ramones need a string section. And not sure about the 'karaoke' playing over the top of what sounded suspiciously like the album recordings of Tangram, Logos and Cinammon Road - they were pretty dense to begin with. But a very impressive show, good to see Edgar again, and a great audience.

One of the funny things was as the music at the end of the first set faded away into applause, there was a loud electronic wailing a couple of seats away from me - turned out to be a woman's personal attack alarm, but in that context it sounded like a VCS3.
timer

Post by timer »

timer wrote:
24db wrote:Btw did anyone spot Bernhard using the (Wii Games controller) on his guitar...and what the heck was that Green hand-held thing? it looked like a Bosch Sander!...whatever it was it made a great sound, very eerie
It was a Bosch sander ! - Im off to B&Q in the morning ! :wink:
Corrected - It was a Bosch Hedge Trimmer !
24db

Post by 24db »

Fritter Jr. wrote:
pb2rdf wrote:
I did enjoy it; the things I didn't like about it are probably related to the fact that I last saw them in 1982 - for this old fart, TD need a percussionist and a leather-trousered rock god like the Ramones need a string section. And not sure about the 'karaoke' playing over the top of what sounded suspiciously like the album recordings of Tangram, Logos and Cinammon Road - they were pretty dense to begin with. But a very impressive show, good to see Edgar again, and a great audience.

One of the funny things was as the music at the end of the first set faded away into applause, there was a loud electronic wailing a couple of seats away from me - turned out to be a woman's personal attack alarm, but in that context it sounded like a VCS3.
I saw them in 1982 and 1981 and I still loved it (better IMHO than 1986) :)
jd_tdfan80

Post by jd_tdfan80 »

24db wrote:
Fritter Jr. wrote:
pb2rdf wrote: If I say no, ...... am I lying ........? 8)

I saw them in 1982 and 1981 and I still loved it (better IMHO than 1986) :)

Cool
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

bigmoog wrote:her indoors actually enjoyed it...as I said her words were : 'mesmerising'
That's a bloody good result in my book! I wish mine would have a go!!!
public class Geeks : IEarth { }
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

timer wrote:
timer wrote:
24db wrote:Btw did anyone spot Bernhard using the (Wii Games controller) on his guitar...and what the heck was that Green hand-held thing? it looked like a Bosch Sander!...whatever it was it made a great sound, very eerie
It was a Bosch sander ! - Im off to B&Q in the morning ! :wink:
Is it this one?

http://www.gardencentre.co.uk/product.asp?id=7103

I'm guessing he's taken the blades off. :wink:

I've seen a few guitarists using power-tools in the past. Mr Big using cordless-drills and Freak Kitchen using children's toys and .... errr .....adult toys, if you get my meaning, to name but two. Have to say that Bernhard's use of them was one of the better efforts.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
timer

Post by timer »

Chris Monk wrote:
timer wrote:
timer wrote: It was a Bosch sander ! - Im off to B&Q in the morning ! :wink:
Is it this one?

http://www.gardencentre.co.uk/product.asp?id=7103

I'm guessing he's taken the blades off. :wink:

I've seen a few guitarists using power-tools in the past. Mr Big using cordless-drills and Freak Kitchen using children's toys and .... errr .....adult toys, if you get my meaning, to name but two. Have to say that Bernhard's use of them was one of the better efforts.
Comes as an accessory with the Ibanez BB signature model - blades removed of course !
Pergamon_PB

Post by Pergamon_PB »

My other half quite enjoyed RAH!! I've managed to drag her to 3 or 4 TD gigs now.

She hated Forum 2008 concert (And she got p*ss wet through, so wasn't best pleased) for various reasons...many I agree with.

She also liked Madcap tour, probably because there were some vocals and I think she fancied Chris Hausl!!!!!!!!
hansx

Post by hansx »

I saw TD 2 times in 3 days. Both concerts in Zoetermeer and RAH were fantastic. I wonder what we will get now. Again some concerts in Germany? Or will they go to USA or Australia or whatever?
24db

Post by 24db »

hansx wrote:I saw TD 2 times in 3 days. Both concerts in Zoetermeer and RAH were fantastic. I wonder what we will get now. Again some concerts in Germany? Or will they go to USA or Australia or whatever?
I don't think TD will be playing in Berlin anytime soon, or at least that's the impression I got from Edgar and Bianca
hansx

Post by hansx »

24db wrote:
hansx wrote:I saw TD 2 times in 3 days. Both concerts in Zoetermeer and RAH were fantastic. I wonder what we will get now. Again some concerts in Germany? Or will they go to USA or Australia or whatever?
I don't think TD will be playing in Berlin anytime soon, or at least that's the impression I got from Edgar and Bianca
Well, in that case a bit more to the south in Germany is also fine. Could be a good chance for me to see them again. :)
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

Hey Hansx. I hope they come to the USA soon. RAH was my 3rd time crossing the great pond. $$$'s and the long flight. . . . . .
I think they will go back to Japan for the Atomic concerts (maybe a stop or two on the west coast-California) before they fly off to the land of the rising sun. But I think after that Edgar will do a one-off concert next year in London. I'm sure we will hear something by ends year. Till then I will keep enjoying the music of TD.
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!