td RAH ZEITGEIST 1.4.2010....THE RESULTS ARE IN

timer
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by timer »

bigmoog wrote:The merch stall was mayhem....10+ deep all round.....lots of goodies....T shirts:-Alpha Centauri, Zeitgeist, posters.....cds.....great stuff...fairly efficiently served....but I felt knackered getting out of it....maybe never again....and Tim - did you get the missing CD?

:arrow:
Yes disc replaced and quantity increased ! TQ's a great guy . 8)

He found it highly amusing - that it was me who ended up with no disc and just the cover !
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

timer wrote:
bigmoog wrote:The merch stall was mayhem....10+ deep all round.....lots of goodies....T shirts:-Alpha Centauri, Zeitgeist, posters.....cds.....great stuff...fairly efficiently served....but I felt knackered getting out of it....maybe never again....and Tim - did you get the missing CD?

He found it highly amusing - that it was me who ended up with no disc and just the cover !

good.....and what a excellent CD :D
...The wise.....are silent.....
timer

Post by timer »

bigmoog wrote:
timer wrote:

good.....and what a excellent CD :D
I have to agree - some great music and variations in style - TQ is a very talented musician - that's why he's part of TD !
24db

Post by 24db »

Btw I've found a new Merchandise stand technique. Here's how it goes, you've got to wait until you're about two sweaty fans from the front or side (depending on preference, health or your ability to hold your breath) and as soon as you see a gap big enough...you place your hand on the counter...just your hand...nothing else. Then as people move away from the counter you slide your arm onto it (normally you'd have to move out to make room and then people slip in from the sides...still leaving you two away from the counter)...next it's up to the elbow and then your whole arm. Takes about 2 months to get to the front, but I guarentee you'll get served just in time for the 'ladies and gentlemen...please take your seats'

I'm calling it the James Herriot Bovine examination technique ;) it's trademarked...obviously
Last edited by 24db on Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
timer

Post by timer »

24db wrote:Btw I've found a new Merchandise stand technique. Here's how it goes, you've got to wait until you're about two sweaty fans from the front or side (depending on preference, health or your ability to hold your breath) and as soon as you see a gap big enough...you place your hand on the counter...just your hand...nothing else. Then as people move away from the counter you slide your arm onto it (normally you'd have to move out to make room and then people slip in from the sides...still leaving you two away from the counter)...next it's up to the elbow and then your whole arm. Takes about 2 months to get to the front, but I guarentee you'll get served just in time for the 'ladies and gentlemen...please take your seats'

I'm calling in the James Herriot Bovine examination technique ;) it's trademarked...obviously

Did you miss the sign at the Merch Stand ! :shock: :wink:
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

:lol: :lol:

BM survived the RAH merch melee :P :P :P :P
timer

Post by timer »

bigmoog wrote::lol: :lol:

BM survived the RAH merch melee :P :P :P :P

Still think a Crowd Surf is the quickest option :roll:
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

BM would like to thank the geezer sitting next to BM for eating huge cheese and onion quiches during the second half of the concert.....It really helped the ambience :oops:
Hyperboreauk

Post by Hyperboreauk »

24db wrote:Btw I've found a new Merchandise stand technique. Here's how it goes, you've got to wait until you're about two sweaty fans from the front or side (depending on preference, health or your ability to hold your breath) and as soon as you see a gap big enough...you place your hand on the counter...just your hand...nothing else. Then as people move away from the counter you slide your arm onto it (normally you'd have to move out to make room and then people slip in from the sides...still leaving you two away from the counter)...next it's up to the elbow and then your whole arm. Takes about 2 months to get to the front, but I guarentee you'll get served just in time for the 'ladies and gentlemen...please take your seats'

I'm calling it the James Herriot Bovine examination technique ;) it's trademarked...obviously
My technique was to sprint at the interval it just about worked :)
timer

Post by timer »

bigmoog wrote:BM would like to thank the geezer sitting next to BM for eating huge cheese and onion quiches during the second half of the concert.....It really helped the ambience :oops:
Didn't he offer you a nibble ?
Steve

Post by Steve »

What an amazing show. Very emotional, classic tracks, inspired musicianship, Edgar got up to play a guitar solo, & my personal highlight (one of many!), the band performed Cloudburst Flight. But what suprised me even more was my own emotional reaction when Tangerine Dream performed Song of the Whale from Underwater Sunlight.

Simply magical, & the perfect birthday present.

Thank you Edgar.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

timer wrote:
bigmoog wrote:BM would like to thank the geezer sitting next to BM for eating huge cheese and onion quiches during the second half of the concert.....It really helped the ambience :oops:
Didn't he offer you a nibble ?
too busy eating a huge bag of crisps, pasties, quiche....... :oops: :D
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Steve wrote:What an amazing show. Very emotional, classic tracks, inspired musicianship, Edgar got up to play a guitar solo, & my personal highlight (one of many!), the band performed Cloudburst Flight. But what suprised me even more was my own emotional reaction when Tangerine Dream performed Song of the Whale from Underwater Sunlight.

Thank you Edgar.
I found myself quite tearful listening to song of the whale and one night in space...... :arrow:
timer

Post by timer »

bigmoog wrote:
Steve wrote:What an amazing show. Very emotional, classic tracks, inspired musicianship, Edgar got up to play a guitar solo, & my personal highlight (one of many!), the band performed Cloudburst Flight. But what suprised me even more was my own emotional reaction when Tangerine Dream performed Song of the Whale from Underwater Sunlight.

Thank you Edgar.
I found myself quite tearful listening to song of the whale and one night in space...... :arrow:

Its what TD do best - stir the emotions - maybe we should petition for an Official Box of TD tissue's for forthcoming gigs :roll: :wink:
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

timer wrote:
bigmoog wrote:

Thank you Edgar.

Its what TD do best - stir the emotions - maybe we should petition for an Official Box of TD tissue's for forthcoming gigs :roll: :wink:

one of the wondeful things to come out of the whole day, was that her indoors enjoyed it all, and her disdain for TD and TD fans has evaporated....again :lol: :P