td RAH ZEITGEIST 1.4.2010....THE RESULTS ARE IN

bigmoog
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

td RAH ZEITGEIST 1.4.2010....THE RESULTS ARE IN

Post by bigmoog »

Thread started......intitial thoughts

she enjoyed it :shock: 'mesmerising'

I wanted MORE CELLOS

great to meet good friends....more later :D :D :D :D
...The wise.....are silent.....
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

sound quality, typical RAH.....excellent....not quite loud enuff for me (not as loud as 75 etc).....set list....someone else do it...cellos........cellos.....

lightbulb dress

edgar on guitar

:arrow: :arrow: :P :D
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

The merch stall was mayhem....10+ deep all round.....lots of goodies....T shirts:-Alpha Centauri, Zeitgeist, posters.....cds.....great stuff...fairly efficiently served....but I felt knackered getting out of it....maybe never again....and Tim - did you get the missing CD?

:arrow:
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Right:

Excellent concert (I am not comparing to RAH75), 3500 attendance so pretty fine indeed

Superb intro, I wished the Cellos played for longer........much longer

Slightly unusual piano piece played by linda in light bulb dress, ending with edgar on surrealist bullwhip :shock: :D

super start to a terrific first half.....not as loud as I like but the best I have heard TD in 10 ears or more.

Interval....the momentum subtly lost I think

second half pretty good, good versions of trauma, logos, one night in space.....emotional at Long island sunset.......hamlet, Edgar plays electric guitar, its almost the 70s again

Thorsten sings a bit, then its over

Edgar looks unsteady and tired for some of the gig but perks up in the second half, he appears less frail than I expected, but still obvious he is much thinner

I found the experience very satisfying, her indoors actually enjoyed it...as I said her words were : 'mesmerising'

wonderful concert....superb even.

More pomposity soon

grasand

Post by grasand »

Took my daughter (22), We now have a new TD fan. :D I thought the whole concert was superb.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

My lad said he loved the gig he prefers TD live to on CD.

By the way Iris as a new admirer :wink: :wink: :oops:
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

before I name check and remember everyone I met and chatted to:

It was great to chat to TDLudo (next time we will talk longer)....hope you had a good journey home :D
24db

Post by 24db »

Excuse the rather poor photo (I only brought the cheap camera)..but here's Thorsten playing Éric Satie right at the start of the second set
Last edited by 24db on Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
24db

Post by 24db »

Btw did anyone spot Bernhard using the (Wii Games controller) on his guitar...and what the heck was that Green hand-held thing? it looked like a Bosch Sander!...whatever it was it made a great sound, very eerie
Last edited by 24db on Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

bigmoog wrote:before I name check and remember everyone I met and chatted to:

It was great to chat to TDLudo (next time we will talk longer)....hope you had a good journey home :D
Just back home in Paris and reading the messages on the forum...
It was really nice to talk to you Jon, but the conversation has been very short. That's too bad, because I was immediately sure that you are a very kind person. Let's hope we will talk again "somewhere on this planet".
Have you been dancing after the show, like you said ? :wink:
I will send to you two special pictures. Strangely, they could be the best I've made during the concert. The cellos must have "hidden vibrations" helping phone cameras to work better... :lol:
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

TDludo wrote:
bigmoog wrote:before I name check and remember everyone I met and chatted to:

Just back home in Paris and reading the messages on the forum...
It was really nice to talk to you Jon, but the conversation has been very short. That's too bad, because I was immediately sure that you are a very kind person. Let's hope we will talk again "somewhere on this planet".
Have you been dancing after the show, like you said ? :wink:
I will send to you two special pictures. Strangely, they could be the best I've made during the concert. The cellos must have "hidden vibrations" helping phone cameras to work better... :lol:

yes, we danced the tango, to origin of supernatural probabilities and Phaedra, on ice!!

lovely photos Ludovic 8) :arrow:
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

bigmoog wrote:yes, we danced the tango, to origin of supernatural probabilities and Phaedra, on ice!!

lovely photos Ludovic 8) :arrow:
"Icy Phaedra's supernatural tango" ! :lol:
Because of their masks, I firstly thought they were going to play a strange new version of a Dante's track...
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

I am just home in Oslo, back from London. I must say that this has been one of the absolute best concerts/travels I have ever experienced. A bit lost for words now. Just wanted to say thank you to those I met at The Builder's Arms before the show. nice to finally have a face to relate to some of the names in the forum.
Nice to talk to two of you, that had travelled all the way from USA (was it California?) to see this concert!

I think the concert was amazing. I had an absolute good time throughout the show. Fantastic atmosphere and music. Loved it from start to finish!

Tonight I will enjoy the new EP and have a glass of tax free whisky, and let the impressions sink in.

Hope everyone had/will have a safe trip back home. :)
Last edited by Insvims on Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
timer

Post by timer »

24db wrote:Btw did anyone spot Bernhard using the (Wii Games controller) on his guitar...and what the heck was that Green hand-held thing? it looked like a Bosch Sander!...whatever it was it made a great sound, very eerie
It was a Bosch sander ! - Im off to B&Q in the morning ! :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

timer wrote:
24db wrote:Btw did anyone spot Bernhard using the (Wii Games controller) on his guitar...and what the heck was that Green hand-held thing? it looked like a Bosch Sander!...whatever it was it made a great sound, very eerie
It was a Bosch sander ! - Im off to B&Q in the morning ! :wink:
never...ever give the missus the impression that DIY is fun...you'd never hear the last of it,well, to be honest you'd be too damned busy to hear anything.
Last edited by 24db on Wed May 26, 2010 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.