RAH 2010 promotion

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

RAH 2010 promotion

Post by 24db »

Can anyone tell me if they've seen a single advert for the Zeitgeist show (magazine or a poster in London)*? I've been checking since october whenever I can, but there's still a chance I might have missed something.

* yeah I know posters are rarer than hen's teeth..in fact I can't remember ever seeing one in all the time I've been listening to the group (bar a couple on the outside of the Hammersmith Odeon in 198(mumble), RFH or a photocopy at the box office of the SBE.
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

Not from this side of the pond and across the big open desert.
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
24db

Post by 24db »

tdream4ever wrote:Not from this side of the pond and across the big open desert.
squint! ;)
EDWEIRDO

Re: RAH 2010 promotion

Post by EDWEIRDO »

24db wrote:Can anyone tell me if they've seen a single advert for the Zeitgeist show (magazine or a poster in London)*? I've been checking since october whenever I can, but tthere's still a chance I might have missed something.

* yeah I know posters are rarer than hen's teeth..in fact I can't remember ever seeing one in all the time I've been listening to the group (bar a couple on the outside of the Hammersmith Odeon in 198(mumble), RFH or a photocopy at the box office of the SBE.
Obviously not living in London, I haven't seen a thing. However, remember the 2008 London and Edinburgh gigs? These weren't advertised to any degree either. I cajoled people into going to Edinburgh - hell, I even bought tickets for some folk - and I was worried that it would be one man and his dog, but lo, it was a very healthy attendance. I remember thinking afterwards that if TD weren't bothered about it, why should we?
24db

Post by 24db »

EDWEIRDO wrote:
24db wrote:Can anyone tell me if they've seen a single advert for the Zeitgeist show (magazine or a poster in London)*? I've been checking since october whenever I can, but tthere's still a chance I might have missed something.

Obviously not living in London, I haven't seen a thing. However, remember the 2008 London and Edinburgh gigs? These weren't advertised to any degree either. I cajoled people into going to Edinburgh - hell, I even bought tickets for some folk - and I was worried that it would be one man and his dog, but lo, it was a very healthy attendance. I remember thinking afterwards that if TD weren't bothered about it, why should we?
you're a top geezer Ed...my pm adds a bit of info
EDWEIRDO

Post by EDWEIRDO »

24db wrote:
EDWEIRDO wrote:

Cheers Andy :wink:

One lives in hope that Stuart Maconie on 6 Music gives it a mention. Other than that, my offer to run through Trafalgar Square in the nuddy with a gig poster held aloft on a placard stands.. :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

EDWEIRDO wrote:

btw the Forum gig had at least 6 or 7 colour adverts..with the last two mentioning the Edinburgh gig. We all know what happened to the only poster ;)
24db

Post by 24db »

EDWEIRDO wrote:
24db wrote:
EDWEIRDO wrote: Obviously not living in London, I haven't seen a thing. However, remember the 2008 London and Edinburgh gigs? These weren't advertised to any degree either. I cajoled people into going to Edinburgh - hell, I even bought tickets for some folk - and I was worried that it would be one man and his dog, but lo, it was a very healthy attendance. I remember thinking afterwards that if TD weren't bothered about it, why should we?
Cheers Andy :wink:

One lives in hope that Stuart Maconie on 6 Music gives it a mention. Other than that, my offer to run through Trafalgar Square in the nuddy with a gig poster held aloft on a placard stands.. :wink:
let's hope Stuart come through then ;)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:Can anyone tell me if they've seen a single advert for the Zeitgeist show (magazine or a poster in London)*? I've been checking since october whenever I can, but there's still a chance I might have missed something.

Been looking in the usual magazines but seen nowt.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote:Can anyone tell me if they've seen a single advert for the Zeitgeist show (magazine or a poster in London)*? I've been checking since october whenever I can, but there's still a chance I might have missed something.

Been looking in the usual magazines but seen nowt.
I'm more than mystified after what I was told.
Perhaps we should all set ourselves up as promoters? ;)
24db

Post by 24db »

finally found a magazine advert for the Spanish gig...still looking for a UK one ;)
TangFanIRL

Post by TangFanIRL »

Tangerine Dream's RAH gig does get a mention in the concert listings page of the latest Record Collector magazine. Haven't seen any colour ads though in any of the music press I buy...
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

TangFanIRL wrote:Tangerine Dream's RAH gig does get a mention in the concert listings page of the latest Record Collector magazine. Haven't seen any colour ads though in any of the music press I buy...
It's also listed in Classic Rock:

Tangerine Dream
London Royal Albert Hall Apr 1

...bit disappointing really. Still, should pull in a few more punters.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

TD were in the London free newspaper "Metro" this morning :D

On Page 53 on their "In Town This Easter";

GIG
TANGERINE DREAM

A 4oth anniversary concert from the German prog-electronic pioneers - expect lots of vintage synths and epic grooves.

and then the details of the RAH and ticket prices etc.