London Wednesday 31st March 2010

epsilon75
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

London Wednesday 31st March 2010

Post by epsilon75 »

If there are any mere mortals who are not "elsewhere" or "otherwise engaged" on the day before the show and would like to meet up at a location compatible for all let us know......my wife and myself arrive on the 31st around 11am and after reaching hotel destination and booking in would be up for some food,drink and chat throughout the day....... i think will be meeting up with Big Dave & Anthony some time that day so the more who can join the merrier :idea: 8)
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

its 'highly' 'likely' that i 'may' be in londinium on 31 march, 'possibly' :wink: :D :D
...The wise.....are silent.....
24db

Post by 24db »

possibly...depending on shopping and instructions from her indoors
TangFanIRL

Post by TangFanIRL »

Possibly also - maybe can join up with folk in the evening...
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Well if you are in London on that day and fancy a chin-wag just give me a bell :idea: :wink:
bigdaveh

Post by bigdaveh »

Me and Ant will get in the big city at 14.30 then to hotel check in so should be done by 15.30. I should have a tour around the city really before we sit down for chats and beers :roll: :lol:
The Stoke TDBA Division.
timer

Post by timer »

Think we get to the capital at around 15:00 hrs - the Mrs is obviously 'otherwise engaged' in the evening , and I was to see a mate in the south of the city early eve - but later in the evening yes ! 8)
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

I reckon I could hop on a bus and get to wherever, whenever! Am easy (although I do recommend Colin's suggestion of the Anglesea Arms - top boozer!)
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
hansx

Post by hansx »

unfortunately I will arrive on 1st april. But will be also in London the next day. Will leave in the evening.
Doug and Marilyn

Post by Doug and Marilyn »

Colin,

Marilyn and I will be there. We get to London in the afternoon of the 31st, so will be looking for a watering hole!

Just point us in the right direction and try to stop us............

All the best

M & D
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Might try and make this, depends if I am allowed out two nights on the trot :lol:
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Me and two friends will be in London about 15:00 on the 31st. But I am totally lost in unknown cities, so I hope we find the hotel. After that... food and beers.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Doug and Marilyn wrote:Colin,

Marilyn and I will be there. We get to London in the afternoon of the 31st, so will be looking for a watering hole!

Just point us in the right direction and try to stop us............

All the best

M & D
Fantastic news Doug :D look forward to seeing you both again and anyone else who fancies a chat and a get together... Maybe Stephen (BTF) can come up with a good recommendation for a place with good food drinks etc :idea: :)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Stephen (BTF)

Any ideas for a good watering and luncheon hole for the 31st :?: :wink:
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

epsilon75 wrote:Stephen (BTF)

Any ideas for a good watering and luncheon hole for the 31st :?: :wink:
That pub you first suggested - the Anglesea Arms - is a stunning place. The food's excellent if a little pricey. I know there are some fans staying locally to there.

Failing that - there is an excellent delicatessen with seating at 20 Gloucester Road - just around from the Builder's Arms. It's called Jakobs and is great value (it's a good place for star spotting too - Dustin Hoffman's a regular!).
They have a drinks licence, but for proper beer there are various pubs locally including the Gloucester Arms, the Queens Arms (the one mentioned by Tony elsewhere) and the famous Builder's.

Pretty much every pub does food, but the Anglesea and Builder's stand out as better than average.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!