"Unperformed" "Rock" suggestions for Lon

Hobo
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Hobo »

timer wrote:Green desert first side.
The title track of GD is sublime. I'd love to hear one (or more) of the longer pieces from the '74-'83 period. It would also be great to hear them as near as possible to the original, without the modern embellishments (didn't want to mention the "T" word)!

Some would argue that this is a retrograde step, but IMO it's perfectly acceptable within the "live" environment. It would also help to balance MFD and any other, more recent material they decide to play.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:
The title track of GD is sublime. I'd love to hear one (or more) of the longer pieces from the '74-'83 period. It would also be great to hear them as near as possible to the original, without the modern embellishments (didn't want to mention the "T" word)!

Some would argue that this is a retrograde step, but IMO it's perfectly acceptable within the "live" environment. It would also help to balance MFD and any other, more recent material they decide to play.
No emblishments=no perform, contracts, contracts, contracts
redziller

Post by redziller »

24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:

Good call Timer!

But you know, you've got bass drone, drums, guitar and synth ornamaments - it would be hard to demonstrate a live track with those elements and a similar structure was "Green Desert".

Mind you I now have in my mind Tap playing Jazz Odyssey at a puppet show - my description doesn't do the track justice p'raps!
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:

I don't expect an exact rendition, but as near as damn it! As long as there is a change (however subtle), contractual obligations should not be an issue.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

green desert

i apologise, i have forgotten what a great record this is, i shall play de lp now :arrow:
...The wise.....are silent.....
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

I suspect we will get Metaphor in it's entirety. I for one, will really look forward to Third Reality! :D
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:I suspect we will get Metaphor in it's entirety. I for one, will really look forward to Third Reality! :D
Can't see that happening Mick, one thing is for sure though, they'll be playing less 90's stuff.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:I suspect we will get Metaphor in it's entirety. I for one, will really look forward to Third Reality! :D
Can't see that happening Mick, one thing is for sure though, they'll be playing less 90's stuff.
Not a bad thing IMO. A mix of 70's, 80's and the new would suit me very nicely.
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:
how about some 60's stuff? ;)
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:
24db wrote: Can't see that happening Mick, one thing is for sure though, they'll be playing less 90's stuff.
:lol: Mmmmm........
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:
Hobo wrote: Not a bad thing IMO. A mix of 70's, 80's and the new would suit me very nicely.
Interstellar Overdrive? :)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:
24db wrote: how about some 60's stuff? ;)
You may be jesting but I wouldn't be at all surprised.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

td will play a version of interstella overdrive using a mooger modular, vcs 3, guitars, bongoes and electric loofah

we will be stunned

and very clean :arrow:
...The wise.....are silent.....
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:
24db wrote: how about some 60's stuff? ;)
:shock: :shock: :shock: :o AK have you been on the wacky baccy mate :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
Hobo wrote: :lol: Mmmmm........
:shock: :shock: :shock: :o AK have you been on the wacky baccy mate :arrow:
Never touched that greatness in my life or any other drug, it's just not my thing. My only drug of choice is music....play on!